Alela's Enchanted House of the Fae

MeowZeDung
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by MeowZeDung » 4 years ago

Alela's Enchanted House of the Fae

Hello All!

Here is a preliminary list of a budget Alela enchantress build that I'm working on as a Christmas gift for my 13 year old daughter. She's been getting into pauper cube with me, my wife, and our 7 year old son, and has expressed interest in Commander. She's always liked faeries in rpgs and stories, so my first thought was faerie tribal, and Alela's recent release seems too good to pass up.

Here's what I have drawn up so far:
Alela Enchantress

Commander (1)

Enchantment Enablers/Payoffs (3)

Approximate Total Cost:

The build and strategy is pretty straightforward: ramp into Alela with a rock or two, then start slinging enchantments, preferably anthems or card draw effects, and power into as many enchantment cast triggers as possible in the mid-late game to assemble a tall and wide army of Faeries to beat down with.

I would love to hear about any budget inclusions I may have missed, or better ways to build around the enchantment theme in Esper. I excluded some things that seem sweet, like Mirrormade, Dance of the Manse, and Hanna, Ship's Navigator in favor of some non-enchantment anthems in Empyrean Eagle, Thunderclap Wyvern, and Scion of Oona, and I'm not sure if that's better or not.

Critiques welcome!
Kykar primer and other active decks (click!)

Tags:

xeroxedfool
Pronoun: he / him

Post by xeroxedfool » 4 years ago

I can't claim to be an expert here but I think you might have too many anthems. If it was my deck I would add more draw or ramp in those freed up slots.
They're both Griffith, get it?

MeowZeDung

Since swinging with a tall and wide faerie army is essentially the only win condition, and most anthems come with the added bonus of triggering all the enchantments matter effects, I wanted a lot of redundancy. I could definitely see the case for swapping out some of the non enchantment anthems though. What would you substitute in, keeping in mind this is a budget list, so no rhystic study, anointed procession, propaganda, etc.?

xeroxedfool
Pronoun: he / him

Post by xeroxedfool » 4 years ago

Skullclamp or Cathars' Crusade has to be better than Archetype of Finality. Although I guess at 4-5$ they could be considered high budget. Anyway, cool deck. It looks fun and powerful.
They're both Griffith, get it?

MeowZeDung

They are definitely higher budget than "stuff I have lying around or can get for less than .50"

If my daughter loves playing it I'll definitely start upgrading.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”