The Ur-Dragon, 75% Dragons

xeroxedfool
Pronoun: he / him

Post by xeroxedfool » 4 years ago

The Ur-Dragon is a pet card of mine. It was my favorite precon that year and I really like playing dragons. There are a couple of cards I need that are obvious includes that I don't have at the moment. I'm sure this deck needs some help so I'm posting it in the hope that there are some obvious inclusions I have missed.
Decklist

Commander:

Planeswalkers:

Approximate Total Cost:

Last edited by xeroxedfool 4 years ago, edited 4 times in total.
They're both Griffith, get it?

Tags:

toctheyounger

Post by toctheyounger » 4 years ago

No Sarkhan's Unsealing? That card is great, especially because it's a cast trigger.

It's been a while since I played my version. It works more on cheating CMCs one way or another - Fist of Suns, Jodah, Archmage Eternal, Dream Halls, and mana doublers like Mirari's Wake and Zendikar Resurgent. It's lots of fun.

There's some pretty neat stuff you can do with cloning effects in a dragon build. Mirrorweave your Utvara Hellkite and make it rain dragons. Rite of Replication your Kokusho, the Evening Star, Yosei, the Morning Star, Keiga, the Tide Star or Ryusei, the Falling Star and win one way or another. Scourge of Valkas would just end the game I'm pretty sure. I'm sure there's probably ways Helm of the Host could get gross too.

If you're after further haste enablers Rhythm of the Wild is great value.

Steel Hellkite could be good here as a way to drop token swarms or destroys rocks/enchantments. Savage Ventmaw is a pretty cool inclusion too (another good Mirrorweave target as well).

Hope this helps :)
Malazan Decks of the Fallen
| Shadowthrone/Lazav | Raest/Yidris | T'iam / The Ur-Dragon |

xeroxedfool

[mention]toctheyounger[/mention] Thanks for the reply Toc, lots of great suggestions. I was thinking last night when I was writing out the decklist that I have lots of beaters. I could probably add more tricks or interesting cards like the stuff you mentioned. I've already got some ideas for cuts and additions so I will post the changes when I do them later.

I'm already thinking Unsealing is better than Territorial Hellkite.

I like Jodah and Fist of the Suns but those cards reduce the costs for about 12 spells. I do love a 5 mana Ur Dragon. But all my 6 drop dragons cost 5 already. I do like Wake and Zendikar Resurgent. I should probably add those.

xeroxedfool

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”