Wulfgar: smash

Slipperygecko
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Slipperygecko » 2 years ago

I've been building a bunch of control heavy decks lately and saw Wulfgur and kinda went: I love this guy. Double up on attacks in a colour-set I haven't built yet seemed like fun. I had been contemplating Xenagod but I already have a lot of strong decks so went for something a bit more middle-ground. Primary wincons are big swingy combat damage and extra or infinite combat steps.

With the doubling of attack triggers it seems very easy to generate a lot of mana with cards like Bear Umbra, Savage Ventmaw and Klauth, Unrivaled Ancient. With green's big draw from Hunter's Insight // Return of the Wildspeaker and so on I'm hoping to draw a big hand and then drop a lot of creatures. Given there's probably going to be wipes it has a strong ramp package to refuel and keep going and that draw should help maintain resources.

Tutors like Gamble can go get combo pieces like Aggravated Assault. I'd love to see a Finale of Devastation into a Pathbreaker Ibex with double attack triggers too. Seems glorious. I have avoided annihilator since it's a bit too degenerate and would prefer to smash face instead and at least player removal instead of board removal. The only eldrazi is Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger since exiling 40 cards from someone's library is the kind of rude I'm looking for. Leaves them with a board state but not much of a deck.

Combos are all infinite combat steps:
Given how much mana the deck generates I'm wondering if I should have some bigger outlets like some x spells but am not sure yet.

Decklist is:
Wulfy Smash Raar
Approximate Total Cost:

Would love any suggestions or feedback on it, thanks!

Tags:

victorsaur
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by victorsaur » 2 years ago

How reliable are your infinite combo wincons? I'm currently working on a Boros deck that has an infinite combat step win con with cards like Godo, Bandit Warlord and Sword of Hearth and Home (with a flying / unblockable creature) or Helm of the Host. As Gruul, you have access to many creature tutors. Have you considered the reliability of your wincon or how to control really explosive decks (i.e., Selvala, Heart of the Wild or Najeela)? Both versions of Neheb also grant mana after combat steps if they are not blocked, which may be something to consider.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”