Erati & Haakon, Grave Engineers

Ulka
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Ulka » 4 years ago

Thanks Heroes of the Plane Studios for the Awesome Banner! Their shop can be found on MTGSalvation located here
Okay so my commander isn't Haakon, Stromgald Scourge but rather is Ertai, the Corrupted but Haakon is essentially the commander. Basically the deck focuses on the synergy between 5 very obscure cards that play together entirely too well. The choice of Ertai, the Corrupted is to allow for colors and a commander that plays better with the grave. The other two card that drive this decks' engines are River Kelpie and Cairn Wanderer. These both synergize heavily with the graveyard and divide the deck into 5 camps of cards that work together like a giant machine of reanimating, controlling, heaven to play.

Like I had previously mentioned the deck is divided into 5 groups of card:
# E = cards that work well with Ertai
# R = cards that work well with [card=]River Kelpie[/card]
# H = cards that work well with Haakon
# C = cards that work well with Cairn Wanderer
# L = Cards that work well with Havengul Lich and his combo

Please Note: I haven't marked the deck list yet.

These synergies are what drive this deck's power and utility. This is not a hardcore cutthroat deck but rather a deck that is just entirely synergy. The deck is Inspired by scoeri's list which can be found here. I am more interested in editing and moving forward with the deck as Scoeri's list hasn't been updated in a long time due to they stopped playing.
Decklist

Tribal Instant (1)

Approximate Total Cost:

Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 4 years ago

With throne now being out for a bit I'm looking at doing updates now.

Acclaimed Contender is the only card I feel is fully necessary.

Im also looking at Syr Konrad, the Grim but I don't feel he is a guaranteed add.

Cyberium
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Cyberium » 2 years ago

Thank you for updating the deck after Scoeri! Many new cards emerge to support this deck even further, such as Guardian of Faith.

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 2 years ago

Yea the deck got a ton of support in recent years, i just sadly have had this one in storage as a proxied deck so I havent played it much nor have I considered upgrades BUT THAT CHANGES TODAY!

Yea Im pulling it out of my storage decks and decided to start working on it again so expect a several set review upcoming today.

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 2 years ago

Theros Beyond Death
Elspeth, Sun's Nemesis - I love escape cards and this one is sure powerful in limited but I don't think its strong enough to play here sadly.

Omen of the Sea - I kinda like the idea of this here as it enables Ertai's counterspell ability and is a decent cantrip for us.

otherwise not much that caught my eye here.

Commander 2020
Fierce Guardianship: Im not actually sure I want this here as Ertai is just another engine piece and not actually vital to our strategy but I will likely include it all the same.

M21

Liliana, Waker of the Dead - So I love this card and it is honestly a strong consideration for the list given how often we want our hand in our yard. I will likely be testing this.

Liliana's Standard Bearer - I really like this as a Draw engine for our deck with haakon and im honeslty super pumped to get to test this.

I will cover other sets later today

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”