Wiccan Deck - Lord Windgrace

NZB2323
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by NZB2323 » 4 years ago

My wife is getting into Magic and she asked if I could make a Wiccan deck for her. This is what I'm thinking:
Decklist

Commander 1

Approximate Total Cost:

Current Decks
rg Morophon, the infinite Kavu Eowyn, human tribal Legolas, voltron control Wb Tymna/Ravos cleric tribal Neheb, Chicago Bulls tribal Ug Edric pauper

Retired Decks
Edgar Markov Kaalia, angel board wipes Ghen, prison Captain Sisay Ub Nymris, draw go Sarulf, voltron control Niv-Mizzet, combo Winota Sidisi, Zombie Tribal

EbonRose
Pronoun: he / him

Post by EbonRose » 4 years ago

First off, love the concept. I've been trying to get my wife to at least *try* the game, just once, for 14 years. Its nice to see someone succeed :)

Anyway, I'm guessing there's not a super cohesive mechanical theme to the deck? I'm seeing some Aristocrats elements, is that sort of the wincon you're angling for? Value through self sacrificing? My wife and I are also witches, so I'm with you on how resonant that concept is with your goal.

I don't want to start spitting out card names until I get your response, so I know a little more about what your mechanical goals for the deck are.

Legend
Aethernaut
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Legend » 4 years ago

When playing Magic with one's wife, tread lightly. Unless she takes a competitive liking to the game, she isn't going to be impressed with your combos, Craterhoof Kill, etc.

It's also EXTREMELY difficult for anyone to learn how to play Magic with a Commander deck. Consider making two upgradable, "tutorial" decks that are full of vanilla creatures, sorceress, enchantments, artifacts, and simple instants.
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”