Kynaios and Tiro, Reclation Kings of Wild Research

Ulka
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Ulka » 4 years ago

Decklist

Planeswalker (2)

Approximate Total Cost:

The Idea of the deck is to use wild research and Wildreness reclamation and then play goodstuff and politics to find your way to victory.

I'd love any ideas on other cards to try
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

darrenhabib
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by darrenhabib » 4 years ago

Hall of Heliod's Generosity for putting enchantments on top that might get randomly discarded, i.e. it insures that you get the enchantment you want.

Starfield of Nyx also can be leveraged this way from discarded or removed enchantments.

The Mirari Conjecture can get back instants or sorcery that you might have cast, or been discarded randomly.
You can get a loop going with Hall of Heliod's Generosity or Starfield of Nyx, which seems pretty great with Wilderness Reclamation giving you the freedom to invest mana this way.

I think you want to have at least one of every toolbox instant you might need at that moment, and mass removal is part of that.
Starstorm for creatures
Fracturing Gust for artifacts and enchantments.
Fated Retribution is expensive, but a catch all for planeswalkers as well.

Treasure Cruise seems like it should be Dig Through Time given you can search it up.

If you're ready to go a bit deeper...
Mystic Sanctuary can be used as a once off effect like this.
Then you can also look at a number of exile land effects to get reuse. Skybind and Parallax Tide are enchantments that do this.
Ruin Ghost means that you can get one back each turn.

There are a number of planeswalkers that allow you to recast instants from graveyard, but Jace, Vryn's Prodigy is the cheapest.

So yeah my suggestion is to lean a bit more enchantment focused with some of your spells to leverage Wild Research a bit more.
Meaning ask the question "can you get the same effect from an enchantment that you get out of something that's not".
An example is you could look to replace Wall of Blossoms and Wall of Omens with things like Mystic Remora, Sylvan Library, Eidolon of Blossoms.

Can you get mana from enchantments rather than artifact Signets? Carpet of Flowers, Fertile Ground, Mana Bloom, Trace of Abundance, Utopia Sprawl, Wild Growth are excellent replacements.
On that note Stony Silence is a potent card to tutor for.

Counterbalance with Hall of Heliod's Generosity could be alternative to Mystic Snake for example.

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 4 years ago

Major Change Log Incoming!
Cuts:
Additions:

So there are a lot of changes and most fall under 3 categories: Either I needed the cards for other decks and as this is a 4 color control deck I can fit other cards into here much easier, there was way too much ramp and finally it could have been the cards just didn't feel quite right in the deck.

some main cut notes:
sol ring - Cut because I'm trying to remove it from my decks to see how they play without sol ring as I'm tired of the card in the format.
Cyclonic Rift - Needed it in another deck but with the addition of Fracturing gust and Wrath of God I felt fine cutting it

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 3 years ago

I figured I'd start talking about what my planned changes are as of now with Ikoria and Commander.

Ikoria:
shark typhoon: I'm seriously considering this as i can easily use both modes in the deck. It also would provide a few more creatures which i honestly need a way to block better so its in consideration.

Narset of the ancient Way: I really like this card. It plays into the ramp theme and helps keep my afloat with the incremental lifegain. Will probably be cutting wall of blossoms for this.

whirlwind of thought: This is the first snap include for the deck in my eyes. It contests with Song of creation but I don't want to discard my hand so this beat it out and will be taking the place of gideon jura as Jura hasn't performed how i hoped he would.

raugrin triome and Ketria Triome: im honestly very iiffy if i want these lands as my mana base is already solid enough.

Commander additions:
Kalamax, the stormsire: Holy Stegasaurus I need this for the deck. I'm looking at swapping Dragon broodmother or wall of omens for this. It will most likely be the wall.

Fierce guardianship: yea... I know I'm not playing typical staples in here but I might just need to add this.

ethereal Forager: I really like this elemental whale. It gives me some recursion while also being a solid creature. Not sure what to cut for this yet.

Cards that I just need to add once I get a copy:

Search for Azcanta: I don't know why I don't have on in here. It will be replacing Curse of Opulence

oko, thief of crowns: I recently picked an Oko up and I'm going to be replacing opposition with Oko.

Dack Fayden: I've been wanting to add Dack for a while and no time like the present. Impulse will be losing its spot to the thief.

Jace, vryn's prodigy: I found a few of these in an old deck box at my parent's so I guess I will be adding Jace in the next update.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”