Elsha - It's not a storm deck

DrSeaMonster
Pronoun: they / them

Post by DrSeaMonster » 4 years ago

SO.

About two weeks go I was at an anime con with my girlfriend. I didn't bring any cards because I wanted to focus on spending time with her. But it was sunday afternoon, the con was winding down, she was kinda doing her own thing, I didn't want to wander the dealer room or artist alley again, but I saw there was a commander event. 5 dollar entry fee, sit down, have some fun for an hour.

So I check out some booths, and I pick up the new Jeskai precon(I had already pre-ordered the full set, but I just wanted an extra Dockside Extortionist and Empowered Autogenerator,) I splurge a bit, grab a few packs of modern horizons, hit the dollar rare binder to spice things up. Even pick up a deck box. I spent the next half hour fiddling with the deck, taking out things I don't like, adding in things that seem better. I'm enjoying the tinkering, you know?

Anyway, the time comes and I sit down at the table with three other guys, everyone seems nice, we exchange names. Guy to my right goes first. First round, land, land, land, land. At the end of the last guy's turn, guy to my right uses Vampiric Tutor.

Turn 2, guy to my right again. Flash, Protean Hulk, games over. Didn't even take five minutes. We spent more time talking to each other and shuffling than playing. No one wants to play again, everyone just leaves.

I'm sitting here with a deck and an itch to play Magic, really feeling disappointed and upset. Fortunately, I find another group of people about to start up a game, I sit in with them, and my modified pre-con wins completely.

(Ban Flash.)

Anyway, this entire experience galvanizes me. I now have a bloody-minded determination to make this my best new deck and claim as many victories as possible. Ever since I got home from the con, I've been making more edits and updates to it, and it's only gotten better so far.

So I've improved the mana base a bit, and I've added in a couple more haymakers, some board wipes and counterspells for more control and interaction, and some things for more synergy, please tell me what you think, I'm open to any feedback and suggestions!

One thing that might stand out to you is why am I using Lockets instead of Signets, or other, better rocks, I can answer that very easily! One of the significant strategies in the deck is using cheap artifacts that sacrifice themselves for ramp or card advantage, then using other cards to recur and re-use them. I found this to be extremely beneficial in my first play of the deck, so I've left the strategy intact and added a few more cards to support it.
Decklist
Approximate Total Cost:

(Ban Flash.)
Last edited by DrSeaMonster 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Abzan aligned, Timmy/Johnny with a Vorthos activated ability.

Commander decks: Karador. Riku. Savra. Vorosh. Teysa Karlov. Kaalia, Zenith Seeker.
Balthor the Defiled. Radha, Heir to Keld. Nath. Saheeli, the Gifted. Zurgo Helmsmasher.
Samut, Voice of Dissent. Grimgrin. Ertai, the Corrupted. Nicol Bolas, the Ravager. Elsha.
Glissa, the Traitor. Chainer, Nightmare Adept. Obosh. Nethroi. Konrad. Kros. Karametra.

Tags:

DrSeaMonster

Post by DrSeaMonster » 4 years ago

I've done a lot of soul-searching and made a lot of changes,
Elsha of the Infinite

Commander

Approximate Total Cost:

Commander decks: Karador. Riku. Savra. Vorosh. Teysa Karlov. Kaalia, Zenith Seeker.
Balthor the Defiled. Radha, Heir to Keld. Nath. Saheeli, the Gifted. Zurgo Helmsmasher.
Samut, Voice of Dissent. Grimgrin. Ertai, the Corrupted. Nicol Bolas, the Ravager. Elsha.
Glissa, the Traitor. Chainer, Nightmare Adept. Obosh. Nethroi. Konrad. Kros. Karametra.

DrSeaMonster

Post by DrSeaMonster » 3 years ago

Most recent version.
Elsha of the Infinite

Commander

Equipment

Approximate Total Cost:

DrSeaMonster

Post by DrSeaMonster » 2 years ago

Elsha of the Infinite

Commander

Approximate Total Cost:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”