Marisa.dec (Maelstrom Wanderer Theft)

75chan
Shoegaze ♥
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by 75chan » 4 years ago

This is my Wanderer deck. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It's made with the intention to be explosive, hard to shut down, and use threats from other decks (not battlefields) to close down the game. It's a bit hard to balance, but I think I'm on the right path. I'm always welcoming card suggestions or other thoughts. I'm starting to be pretty happy with where the list is at though.

What does the deck do?

It ramps, then goes on the offensive, trying to steal things and close out the game with whatever it gets. There's no room to play carefully here, full speed ahead!

What goes into the deck?
Note: I'm always looking for suggestions

Ramp that's not removable with combat damage and costs a maximum of five mana that either gives half it's mana cost in mana and doesn't enter tapped. Anything that fits that get considered. Anything that almost fits that but with an upside (ie Mirrormade) also gets considered.
Anything that allows me to grab things from graveyards, libraries, or hands without paying their mana costs, or that requires me to pay, but allows some planning beforehand (ie Stolen Strategy)
Anything with a pseudo-high mana cost, that's playable as a goodstuff card and unable to be cascaded into (ie Treasure Cruise).
Anything that wheels for mana cost 4 or less, or 5 or and less if I can split it over several turns (ie Magus of the Wheel).
Any low-cost high-impact draw spells (ie Anje's Ravager).
Rogues that are playable as goodstuff cards (ie Edric, Spymaster of Trest).
Random cards I like that kind of fit, but not really, but I want to play them (ie Ruric Thar, the Unbowed).

What doesn't go into the deck?
Note: If it fits the above critieria, it still might go into the deck

Things that hit face effectively but doesn't really do anything else (ie Pathbreaker Ibex)
Taplands (ie Myriad Landscape)
Removal, or other interactive things (ie Beast Within)
High-cost draw or ramp (ie Zendikar Resurgent)
Cards above €200 on MCM (ie Volcanic Island)
Random value cards (ie Eternal Witness)
Extra turn cards (ie Time Warp)
MLD or other mass-permanent destructions (ie Jokulhaups)
Pseudo-synergy cards (ie Throes of Chaos)
Topdeck manipulation (ie Brainstorm)

Marisa

COMMANDER

Approximate Total Cost:

Last edited by 75chan 4 years ago, edited 10 times in total.
I swap decks a lot
wr Avacyn with defensive blinking
ur OG Jhoira spellslinger without MLD or eldrazi
and some other stuff that are more or less messy

Best card

Tags:

75chan
Shoegaze ♥

Uh, I got some lands. Don't think I need to to explain them.

I also got an Echo of Eons as wheels are exactly the kind of draw I want here, and the only thing better than wheeling once is wheeling twice. I cut Rhystic Study since it's not that impactful on average and the worst-case scenario is kind of awful.

I want to add a Pir's Whim as well as it's Sisay's Ring with upside (as long as I can fetch Ancient Tomb that is) but I'm undecided on what to cut yet.

Ergo:
Changelog
Approximate Total Cost:

Oh, and Robber of the Rich is definitely getting added here. I'll probably even add a few more rogues to go along with it, as there's a few useful and fun choices.
I swap decks a lot

Best card

75chan
Shoegaze ♥

pokken wrote:
4 years ago
No Agent of Treachery?
I'll add one when I get a Robber of the Rich for rogue synergy. I don't want to go over the top on battlefield theft though, ergo no Control Magic etc, I'd much rather take things from libraries, graveyards or hands.
I swap decks a lot

Best card

75chan
Shoegaze ♥

I've updated this a bunch. I still need to test it a lot more, but finding an adequate environment to play this in is hard, so I'm mostly playing Avacyn...
I swap decks a lot

Best card

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”