Nicol Bolas, the Ravager - Being a mastermind

DrSeaMonster
Pronoun: they / them

Post by DrSeaMonster » 4 years ago

Nicol Bolas.

I had been thinking of a Bolas EDH deck since around 2009, when Conflux was released.

It took me a while to finish the deck, the majority of the time being spent waiting for Nicol Bolas, the Ravager to be printed.

Then it took me some time to decide on how to actually build it, I was vaguely thinking spellslinger, but it all started coming together with the release of Thousand-Year Storm, A spellslinging storm deck? Themed around Bolas?

I could finally live the dream.

Mostly, you're looking to storm off with a proper storm card like Tendrils of Agony or Mind's Desire or build up a storm count with Thousand-Year Storm then cast something like Slave of Bolas, Choice of Damnations or Time Warp.

Omniscience and Enter the Infinite are in there for fun.

Or you can also ultimate a Bolas planeswalker, either by proliferating it or using The Elderspell to devour your other Bolases(Boli?) if you want to be particularly on-theme.
Decklist
Approximate Total Cost:

EDIT: Updated list.
Last edited by DrSeaMonster 3 years ago, edited 5 times in total.
Abzan aligned, Timmy/Johnny with a Vorthos activated ability.

Commander decks: Karador. Riku. Savra. Vorosh. Teysa Karlov. Kaalia, Zenith Seeker.
Balthor the Defiled. Radha, Heir to Keld. Nath. Saheeli, the Gifted. Zurgo Helmsmasher.
Samut, Voice of Dissent. Grimgrin. Ertai, the Corrupted. Nicol Bolas, the Ravager. Elsha.
Glissa, the Traitor. Chainer, Nightmare Adept. Obosh. Nethroi. Konrad. Kros. Karametra.

Tags:

DrSeaMonster
Pronoun: they / them

Post by DrSeaMonster » 4 years ago

This deck is sort of weird, I've won every game I've played with it, but the wins are always very complex and a bit clunky.

Storm is a weird archetype.
Abzan aligned, Timmy/Johnny with a Vorthos activated ability.

Commander decks: Karador. Riku. Savra. Vorosh. Teysa Karlov. Kaalia, Zenith Seeker.
Balthor the Defiled. Radha, Heir to Keld. Nath. Saheeli, the Gifted. Zurgo Helmsmasher.
Samut, Voice of Dissent. Grimgrin. Ertai, the Corrupted. Nicol Bolas, the Ravager. Elsha.
Glissa, the Traitor. Chainer, Nightmare Adept. Obosh. Nethroi. Konrad. Kros. Karametra.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”