Anje, not Sparta, and probably not Worldgorger

75chan
Shoegaze ♥
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by 75chan » 4 years ago

Anje is easily my favorite C19 commander, and exactly my time of commander. She makes bad cards good, I mean, I can run Twins of Maurer Estate in commander, in a deck that's trying to be optimized. What's not to love?

Now, the majority of builds I've seen are based on Worldgorger Dragon, which I don't like. Sure, you can get a pure filter deck, but I'm not sure how fun that is. I did pick up one, in case I need to make the deck stronger, but I don't want to go there straight away. I want an Anje deck that can survive in my meta without having to resort to Worldgorger. I have the Tortured Existence combo, but ideally, I'd like to get rid of that as well, I'm just not sure if it's viable to play no-combo madness in my meta. For reference, my meta is sort of tier 2/90% depending on what descriptor you prefer, having things like Narset, Edgar Markov and Hermit Druid. Neither deck is super optimized, but it's still an example of what I need to fight through. Right now I'm trying to go somewhat all-in on Tortured Existence, but I should probably add a bunch of control/stax cards to help survive the early game.

I added the "optimized" tag not because I think the deck is optimized right now, but because that's where I want it to end up. I'd love some advice on how to optimize no-Worldgorger Anje, without adding random combos and preferably without adding random goodstuff cards. Anyways, the following decklist is probably where I want to end up, but I'm missing a couple of the cards right now.

(I'll make it look cleaner eventually, for now click standardize sorting and it'll look better, haha).
Decklist
Approximate Total Cost:

Last edited by 75chan 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
I swap decks a lot
wr Avacyn with defensive blinking
ur OG Jhoira spellslinger without MLD or eldrazi
and some other stuff that are more or less messy

Best card

Tags:

SafetyValve
Pronoun: he / him

Post by SafetyValve » 4 years ago

THANK you. I've been looking for an Anjie deck that doesn't rely on Worldgorger. I don't have much to help with at the moment, but it definitely helps to know someone else is exploring the same methods as I am.

75chan
Shoegaze ♥
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by 75chan » 4 years ago

SafetyValve wrote:
4 years ago
THANK you. I've been looking for an Anjie deck that doesn't rely on Worldgorger. I don't have much to help with at the moment, but it definitely helps to know someone else is exploring the same methods as I am.
Thanks ^^ Goodluck with testing & I'd love if you'd share any cool tips or cards if you find any along the way.
I swap decks a lot
wr Avacyn with defensive blinking
ur OG Jhoira spellslinger without MLD or eldrazi
and some other stuff that are more or less messy

Best card

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”