Sasaya, Orochi Ascendant

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin
Pronoun: he / him

Post by ISBPathfinder » 4 years ago

So, this deck is a bit of an oddball. I like that it looks like I should be able to field this quite cheaply but it is not a budget deck in my intentions.
  • Combo - I don't intend to infinite combo or Helix Pinnacle. Its a personal choice and I don't want to.
  • Cheap Cantrips - You will see in my list I run a lot of cheap cantrips and things that tutor lands to my hand. I wanted to put some defense early but also fill my hand with lands where possible. So, yes I have opted for Borderland Ranger and some similar versions over something like Wood Elf that would ramp to play because I do need to fill my hand with lands. There are versions of these I am not running but mostly because I didn't feel like I needed all of them.
  • Mana Dumps - The idea is to flip the commander and then start dumping mana into some big fun effect. Honestly, its a real pain in the ass to find good mana dumps so if I missed a bunch of obvious ones I would not be at all surprised, please let me know.

[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

Tags:

rogerandover

Post by rogerandover » 4 years ago

Ursapine is pretty great manadump. You get to play political, and with enough mana, all it takes is one creature to go through the defense.

Tryno

Post by Tryno » 4 years ago

Needs more Boundless Realms, Life from the Loam, and Rites of Spring

Also, how do you feel about G put a basic in your hand?

Nissa's Triumph
Open the Gates
Traverse the Ulvenwald
Attune with Aether
Caravan Vigil
Lay of the Land

Authored
CommanderIdentity
Erebos
Vrondiss

Co-Authored
CommanderIdentity