Sram, Senior Edificer (Bogles)

umtiger
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by umtiger » 4 years ago

I found Beta copies of Red Ward, Blue Ward, and Green Ward, Consecrate Land, and Holy Strength. Then I decided that I just had to build Sram.

Step 1: Dig through boxes to find old, unplayable jank.
Step 2: Look for a beat copy of Black Ward to buy.
Step 3: Put this piece together.
Step 4: Beat face with old Beta jank.

The look on my opponents' faces reminded me of when I built my Edric deck and cast Flying Men for the first time. It feels good to get laughed at knowing you'll have the last one. For some reason, I just love to run jank and make it work, especially if that jank is old and has the correct borders.

As for things I would like help with:
1.) I want to take out Aetherflux Reservoir. What other angle of attack can I swap in?
2.) There are some protection auras that I would like to include, but I'm not sure about. What other protection auras (e.g. Floating Shield, Holy Mantle) would you play?

Here's my bogles build of Sram, Senior Edificer:
Last edited by umtiger 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

Tags:

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin
Pronoun: he / him

Post by ISBPathfinder » 4 years ago

Any thoughts towards Mox Amber? I am not sure about it but given how cheap Sram is its could be nice. I don't really run any of the moxen in my sram auras list but I saw you were running two and thought maybe this one would also be relevant given how cheap Sram is.

Auratouched Mage is only slightly worse than Boonweaver Giant. It might be worth considering a second.

Any thoughts towards answer auras? I have gotten a lot of milage out of things like Soul Tithe, Reprobation, and Faith's Fetters.

Get your hands on a copy of Hall of Heliod's Generosity if you don't already have one. Its fantastic in this style of deck. I even went so far as to include Thalia's Lancers for its ability to tutor Hall of Heliod's Generosity, Serra's Sanctum, or Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

pokken
Answers: 2

Post by pokken » 4 years ago

You might wanna clean that deck list up - it doesn't need card tags in it.

Having a hard time reading it as is :)

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Post by ISBPathfinder » 4 years ago

I figured I would clean it up a bit. I am not sure what that last section is supposed to be as its sort of like.... miscellaneous stuff after having grouped everything else by type. If you quote this post you can see how I organized things and copy / paste this out if you would like.

[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

pokken
Answers: 2

Post by pokken » 4 years ago

I think that running a couple artifacts for haste is probably required. Sram really, really wants to be able to be hasted when he comes back down after dying so he can clean up.

Hall of the Bandit Lord is worth considering in that vein.

Otherwise I think this deck mostly will revolve around tutoring that pile of auras.

faith unbroken is a pretty cool aura.

I think you could definitely use a piece or two of graveyard hate. Even just a Tormod's Crypt or Scavenger Grounds.

The main thing you're gonna run into is that the deck is incrediby soft to Fleshbag Marauder effects; the grave hate can help stop that recurring, but you also might want a hushwing Gryff as both an extra dude and something that shuts those effecst down.

umtiger

ISBPathfinder wrote:
4 years ago
Any thoughts towards Mox Amber? I am not sure about it but given how cheap Sram is its could be nice. I don't really run any of the moxen in my sram auras list but I saw you were running two and thought maybe this one would also be relevant given how cheap Sram is.

Auratouched Mage is only slightly worse than Boonweaver Giant. It might be worth considering a second.

Any thoughts towards answer auras? I have gotten a lot of milage out of things like Soul Tithe, Reprobation, and Faith's Fetters.

Get your hands on a copy of Hall of Heliod's Generosity if you don't already have one. Its fantastic in this style of deck. I even went so far as to include Thalia's Lancers for its ability to tutor Hall of Heliod's Generosity, Serra's Sanctum, or Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
I considered Mox Amber. It helps you at least get a card out of Sram on turn 2. But unlike the other moxen, it won't help me cast Sram on turn 1. And given how I'm likely to need to re-cast Sram, it also doesn't help me pay commander tax. It might not be reliable enough. I didn't play it because I want to keep the aura count as high as possible.

I only play Boonweaver Giant because I need alternative ways to win. I feel that I am very much going to have to get Flickerform most of the time. The reason why I'm not going to play Auratouched Mage is because it can't get auras from the graveyard. By the time that I need Boonweaver, that's where most of the auras are going to be. I win a game in a pod with a group-hug player who dropped Oath of Druids. I Oath'd into Boonweaver and got an Eldrazi Conscription. I even got to cast Retether.

I see the power in Hall of Heliod's, but I'm not running good enchantments. I'm running hot garbage. It also doesn't produce white. I need all of the lands to make white. Thalia's Lancers seems worth it though. I could cast it for 6, and have a Serra's Sanctum that makes more! It's also a possible deterrent to edicts.

umtiger

pokken wrote:
4 years ago
I think that running a couple artifacts for haste is probably required. Sram really, really wants to be able to be hasted when he comes back down after dying so he can clean up.

Hall of the Bandit Lord is worth considering in that vein.

Otherwise I think this deck mostly will revolve around tutoring that pile of auras.

faith unbroken is a pretty cool aura.

I think you could definitely use a piece or two of graveyard hate. Even just a Tormod's Crypt or Scavenger Grounds.

The main thing you're gonna run into is that the deck is incrediby soft to Fleshbag Marauder effects; the grave hate can help stop that recurring, but you also might want a hushwing Gryff as both an extra dude and something that shuts those effecst down.
Haste equipment would be good. Swiftfoot Boots, Chariot of Victory, Haunted Cloak, or Strider Harness. I just cannot play Greaves because Shroud is a non-bo. I'm hesitant to play too many artifacts because Stony Silence is strong. I will definitely find space for boots.

I cannot play Hall of Bandit Lord because it doesn't produce white.

I know the deck is weak to edicts. But I know that going in and I'm okay with it. When I play vs. black and I know they have those type of cards, I aim for Sigil of the Empty Throne. Cartouche of Solidarity has been clutch for me at times. The deck is full of garbage. It's situationally decent.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”