Read Before Posting
FoodChainGoblins
Level 47
Pronoun: he / him

Post by FoodChainGoblins » 2 years ago

Standard - Will pick up what's good when paper starts
Pre Modern - Do not own anymore
Pioneer - DEAD
Modern - Jund Sacrifice, Amulet, Elementals, Trollementals, BR Asmo/Goryo's, Yawmoth Chord
Legacy - No more cards, will rebuy Sneak Show when I can
Limited - Will start when paper starts
Commander - Nope

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 2 years ago

@FoodChainGoblins

got curious on this Lurrus deck.

hmm, not sure but the post seems to be gone. Your post looks blank to me.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

FoodChainGoblins
Level 47

The Fluff wrote:
2 years ago
@FoodChainGoblins

got curious on this Lurrus deck.

hmm, not sure but the post seems to be gone. Your post looks blank to me.
Oh damn, it's gone. I played it for a short bit and I did pretty well, but I tried it at a $1K.

Played against Mono Blue Tron, made a mistake on what to bring back with Lurrus on a turn during turns. His draw was Thirst for Knowledge into Tron piece and Ugin and he won (since I tried to dodge that and brought back a creature for lethal next turn instead of Alpine Moon. So I started 0-1. Played against the RB Mirror next round and barely won that. Many people consider these mirrors "fun," but I don't. I don't feel like grinding the mirror out and winning only because I got a slightly better draw. Lost the win-and-in to Burn in Round 5, so he made the top 8 instead of me. Then I also lost round 6 to Burn as well, drawing terribly and him killing me on turn 3 on the play in a game.

This tournament had tons of Amulet and Yawgmoth, both of which I tested to be positive matchups for RB Lurrus. But I didn't play a single one and Amulet won the whole tournament as well. So it was a bit frustrating. Didn't play the deck since, but I still think it's strong. There's just too many options for me right now and being a Combo player, I'm not going to force myself to play something when I enjoy other decks just to up my skill in an area where I'm not as good at.
Pioneer - DEAD
Modern - Jund Sacrifice, Amulet, Elementals, Trollementals, BR Asmo/Goryo's, Yawmoth Chord
Commander - Nope

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 2 years ago

I can't see anything in the post either.

I've played the version that's RB splash white. Deck seems reasonable. I've been told the pure RB version is better but I like the utility provided by the white splash. Kaya's Guile and Prismatic Ending are really good.

@The Fluff I can answer any questions to the best of my ability. I have experience playing similar decks as well

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 2 years ago

it would be nice to see a sample of the competitive decklist first. Knowing what other staple cards this deck has would be a good start.

also, is this deck aggro?
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

FoodChainGoblins
Level 47

The Fluff wrote:
2 years ago
it would be nice to see a sample of the competitive decklist first. Knowing what other staple cards this deck has would be a good start.

also, is this deck aggro?
I just google "aspiringspike decklists."

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/4557016#paper

The deck is a Midrange deck, sort of like Jund Midrange. I guess it's somewhere between Aggro and Control.
Pioneer - DEAD
Commander - Nope

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 2 years ago

I'd say it's a pretty midrange deck, despite being a Lurrus deck. While it has some pretty aggressive cards like Ragavan, Nimble Pilferer and Dragon's Rage Channeler , it's a pretty disruptive/midrange deck with a lot of interaction

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Midrange”