[Deck] Abzan Midrange

Community RulesModern Forum Rules
Read Before Posting
ktkenshinx
Pronoun: he / him

Post by ktkenshinx » 4 years ago

This is a placeholder thread. If you are interested in taking over the thread and/or writing a primer, PM the moderator team.
This is the thread to discuss the Abzan Midrange archetype in Modern.
Over-Extended/Modern Since 2010

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 4 years ago

I might be able to borrow a set of SFM until I can get my own, anyone been brewing any Junk lists with SFM in it? I'd like to try the deck but have next to no experience

motleyslayer

went 2-2 at FNM with this list. Needs a lot of work still, mostly with numbers and equipment

Round 1 I easily 2-0 burn. Game 1 he put some early pressure on but I tutor for the basilisk collar off my stoneforge mystic, thinking he'd bolt the sfm. that way I could drop a goyf next turn and the collar. he let me keep the sfm but I still do that plan. I stabilize after that. Game 2 I just run over him

Round 2 I easily 2-0 a casual approach of the second sun control deck. I didn't even really get to see his plan game 1, game 2 he cast a first approach on 7 and puts himself at a comfy life total. His next turn he sacrifices an ipnu rivulet to get closer to the approach but never sees another land to cast again as lands were what he milled

Round 3 I lose to elves -02. I mull to 5 and get run over g1, g2 I wasn't able to stabilize in time

Round 4 I lose to scapeshift 1-2. game 1 he runs me over. game 2 he mulls to 5 and I don't see a green source but I win. G3 he wins off a combination of zombies from field of the dead and valakut damage as I was not able to apply enough pressure

the heaths are basically there because I don't have verdants. I put the basilisk collar in as I couldn't find any other equipment in time and there's a lot of burn in that store (which explains a bit of the sb as well]. I need some numbers of fulminator mage

rest of the numbers need a fair bit of work.

motleyslayer

is there any way Abzan can beat Tron or Titanshift or are those decks unbeatable for us?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Midrange”