[Deck] Merfolk

Community RulesModern Forum Rules
Read Before Posting
ktkenshinx
Pronoun: he / him

Post by ktkenshinx » 4 years ago

This is a placeholder thread. If you are interested in taking over the thread and/or writing a primer, PM the moderator team.
This is the thread to discuss the Merfolk archetype in Modern.
Over-Extended/Modern Since 2010

MashedPotato
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by MashedPotato » 4 years ago

What is the counter of choice currently at the moment for Merfolk?
Looking to get a deck going for my partner since she likes the "consitency" merfolk offers over her goblins deck.

From what I have seen it appears FoN is the flavour of month, but I see this deck from the Esper Control side of things and think a combo of vapor snag and something similar to spell pierce might provide her a broader toolbox. Aether Vial is something we are looking into also, the price is something stopping her getting that.
There is always a greater power

audr3y
Pronoun: he / him

Post by audr3y » 4 years ago

MashedPotato wrote:
4 years ago
What is the counter of choice currently at the moment for Merfolk?
Looking to get a deck going for my partner since she likes the "consitency" merfolk offers over her goblins deck.

From what I have seen it appears FoN is the flavour of month, but I see this deck from the Esper Control side of things and think a combo of vapor snag and something similar to spell pierce might provide her a broader toolbox. Aether Vial is something we are looking into also, the price is something stopping her getting that.
I think that ultimatly would be up to you/your meta. I run 4 vapor, 2x FoN and som utility creatures/flex and more specific Counter Spells in the SB.

Odendin
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Odendin » 3 years ago

I've been playing UW since Harbinger.. and I've always played 2 Spell Pierce but now 2 FoN and 1 Pierce along with 3 Path to Exile main.

FYI, Ephara, God of the Polis gets crazy.
Better than Vialing a Phantasmal Image on an evoked Mulldrifter.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Aggro and Tempo”