[Deck] Faeries

Community RulesModern Forum Rules
Read Before Posting
dautt
Pronoun: he / him

Post by dautt » 4 years ago

Faeries is a primarily played as a tempo or control deck that approaches the game from many different angles. The deck changes frequently - and is very meta-dependent so any build might work great for you depending on what you might need.

Why play faeries?
The deck is extremely interactive and rewards skill intensive plays to win. If you want a deck that rewards your knowledge and expertise with a deck, Faeries might be the best choice for you. We are primarily a mid-game deck, where every decision matters in turning the corner from playing defense to going on offense to win the game.

Starting points for the deck?
There is no specific meta build for the deck in it's current state. There are many ways to approach it, but the land base is pretty consistent across builds.

23-25 lands which usually consist of:
3-4 island
1-2 swamp
2+ Creeping Tar Pit
4 Polluted Delta
3-4 Darkslick Shores
2 Watery Grave
Some number of Mutavault
Some number of Field of Ruin

Tempo VS Control
The only major divide in the deck right now is the difference between our tempo and control variants of the deck. We separate these into two different styles as they can play reactively and proactively depending on your choice.
"Tempo" is primarily the version of the deck that features a higher creature count in order to take advantage of the Faeries we have access to. Check out the BitterBible for access to specific lists for the tempo style that might fit your preferences.
"Control" sometimes described as Yuta-styled Faeries, is the primarily planeswalker-based version of the deck. This is more of a UB Control deck with Bitterblossom and a few other faeries. Again, check out the BitterBible for access to Yuta's latest lists or similar lists to his that are doing well that might fit your preferences.

Join our discord!
Click here to join the Discord!

We have a large community with a positive outlook on the deck going into the future. We are supportive of innovations like the new and upcoming Faerie Ninja lists which have been picking up popularity very quickly. If you want to be a big part of the community at large, feel free to post here, leave a comment on the BitterBible, OR join our Discord where we have day to day discussions on the deck and just magic in general.

If you want a detailed explanation on each card choice in the deck, check out our full and detailed guide here:
dautt's BitterBible, The Comprehensive Faeries Guide
Last edited by dautt 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

dautt

Post by dautt » 4 years ago

Reserved post

ThatStoryTeller

Post by ThatStoryTeller » 4 years ago

I figured I would get the new discussion area a new list to show a few ideas of some of what I and other Team Discord Faeries regulars are working on. This list is not a complete representation of all our lists, but my personal take at the moment.
A Story of Faeries
Approximate Total Cost:

Decklist
Approximate Total Cost:

ThatStoryTeller

Post by ThatStoryTeller » 3 years ago

Updated list. This list makes use of mystic sanctuary to perform a cryptic loop with 2 cryptic commands while applying pressure via bitterblossom mistbind clique or brazen borrower. Its so far a pretty straightforward counterspell dimir deck with a bit of pressure, but I am still looking at how to build and conceptualize new angles for the deck.

Sideboard
Approximate Total Cost:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Aggro and Tempo”