GW Hatebears

pzbw7z
Pronoun: he / him

Post by pzbw7z » 2 years ago

This is an old list that hasn't really been updated for years. I'm posting it to have it somewhere online. I do still play it once in a while as I mostly sold out of Modern after MH2.

Last edited by pzbw7z 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Tags:

pzbw7z

I suppose I could cram four copies of Boseiju, Who Endures in here somehow, but not at the pre-order prices. :(

pzbw7z

Recently, I picked up a set of Skyclave Apparition but I haven't worked them in yet. I'm not sure whether to run some number of them main-deck or not. Perhaps split the Path to Exile and have some of each main and the rest side.

One thing I'd really like is to make this better against Amulet Titan. I did win a game in the last match with two early Leonin Arbiters and then a timely Aven Mindcensor but it's usually a a bad match-up. Not that this old pile has that many good match-ups. :) Collector Ouphe does shut Affinity down pretty hard. :grin:

duducrash
Still Learning

Post by duducrash » 2 years ago

do you aether vial in the akroma? Or is it the wrong one?

pzbw7z

duducrash wrote:
2 years ago
do you aether vial in the akroma? Or is it the wrong one?
No, I'd never move the Vial up that far. Akroma, Angel of Fury is played face-down. The aspiration is to flicker her with Flickerwisp but I haven't managed to do it yet. She's been in the list for only a little while.

I picked up a Charming Prince which I plan to add to give me another shot at it. It's janky perhaps, but I really want to pull it off once before I die.

pzbw7z

Boseiju, Who Endures has dropped precipitously in price since I saw the frightening pre-release price, so I think it will be do-able as an upgrade. Moreover, I think it will inject substantial utility into the deck. It bolsters the main plan and adds some versatility. It can even make mana in a pinch!

Four seems the correct number to run, but I suppose an argument might be made for three. At least one Knight of Autumn will probably be substituted and the rest lands. I'm conflicted as to whether the one-of Tectonic Edge should go, but it's probably logical. The second Forest may go as well, Stirring Wildwood is a candidate as is Gavony Township. Wildwood and Township have utility, but something has to go.

It's an exciting prospect to have a major upgrade to the old pile!

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 2 years ago

the wisp + akroma combo is a nice little trick.

I would suggest adding a single Batterskull to the deck, for a bit more mid to late game punch.
wisp can also revive the batterskull germ token if needed.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

pzbw7z

The Fluff wrote:
2 years ago
the wisp + akroma combo is a nice little trick.

I would suggest adding a single Batterskull to the deck, for a bit more mid to late game punch.
wisp can also revive the batterskull germ token if needed.
Akroma is just for fun. Batterskull I haven't considered.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Developing”