Rally Zombies

pzbw7z
Pronoun: he / him

Post by pzbw7z » 2 years ago

This is a feeble attempt at a Rally the Ancestors-based Zombie deck. It's a Pioneer deck ported to Modern.

It might not even be a viable archetype - it's done okay in Pioneer for me, but it's hardly set the world on fire - and I may be missing some tricks. If anyone has any useful suggestions about cards or even playing the deck, I'd be grateful to hear them!

EDIT: Fixed silly error. Gravedigger? Really?
Some tweaks. Tidehollow Sculler and Undead Augur added (more Augurs to come as I get them). Dark Salvation, one Rally the Ancestors and two Geralf's Messengers out.
/EDIT

EDIT2
OUT
3 Grimclimb Pathway
1 Geralf's Messenger
IN
1 Bloodstained MIre
2 Marsh Flats
1 Murderous Rider
Also, the Rider came from the side-board. It was replaced with Witches' Vengeance. What can I say, there's a Goblin player.
/EDIT2
EDIT3
Out: 3 Mutavaults, 1 Castle Lochtwain
In: 2 Undead Augurs, 1 Bloodstained Mire, 1 Swamp
/EDIT3

Last edited by pzbw7z 2 years ago, edited 6 times in total.

Tags:

pzbw7z

The Rally Zombies played two tournaments tonight, going 2-1 and 3-1. The two wins in the first go-round were non-decks, the loss was to Goblins. The wins in the second were against a weird deck that turns every land into Islands and tries to win with Jace, Control and Storm. The loss was to Ad Nauseum. They also went 2-1 against Amulet Titan in practice games without side-boarding.

Rally didn't do much except for one notable usage which finished a game and I side-boarded them out frequently, usually along with Stitcher. Vanishing Verse came up big in the game I won against Ad Naseum and was useful other times. It occasionally was bad. Thoughtseize was really effective in the second game against the Control deck, removing two exile spells. The extra removal was effective in some games. I would often bring in the Riders for the Messengers.

Vindicate feels pretty good; it could have hammered the Storm guy the second game if I had nuked his lands but I guess I didn't read the freakin' card.

One Rally will probably get the hook, maybe for another Messenger. I also feel like Unearth belongs in the deck somewhere. Honestly, the whole Rally package could probably go and the deck would be better for it, but I like Rally so I'll probably stick with it for a while. The Dark Salvation's will both go - it's cool, but it's not really very good.

The deck list is in the O.P. and was slightly tweaked.
Last edited by pzbw7z 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

pzbw7z

Mana upgrade. Also, Messenger's are all gone. :(

pzbw7z

Does anyone have any regard for a copy of Fleshbag Marauder in the side-board? The ideal thing would be to play it with Gravecrawler in play and have a body that will actually block left over. :) So many of my guys just won't block!

pzbw7z

Two more Undead Augurs added (up to three for now), one more fetch, one Swamp. Removed three Mutavaults (one remains) and one Castle (two remain).

Augur seems like a good man - er, well a good creature and the mana should be smoother. I'm considering swapping the last Mutavault for the new mono-black fast man-land, or maybe another fetch.

I'm not certain I want four Augurs yest, but time will tell. I think I'd hate to have two in play.

List in OP updated.

fourdogsinahorsesuit

Post by fourdogsinahorsesuit » 2 years ago

pzbw7z wrote:
2 years ago
Does anyone have any regard for a copy of Fleshbag Marauder in the side-board? The ideal thing would be to play it with Gravecrawler in play and have a body that will actually block left over. :) So many of my guys just won't block!
When it came to edicts I always tended to just favor an actual edict, like Geth's Virdict.

pzbw7z

Zombies matter here, but that alone doesn't make Fleshbag good. I may still give him a try. Edicts are often bad and non-creature spells aren't really where I want to be maindeck. In fact, I'd like to cut down on them.

That's not to say I don't want any non-creature spells in the main deck. It IS a Rally deck, after all. :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Developing”