[Deck] UW Liege

drekonja
Pronoun: he / him

Post by drekonja » 3 years ago

Already for some time I want to make work some lieges, I felt Thistledown(Azorius) may be cool, there are good creatures of both colors (at the same time) with a playstyle that suits me the most. I plays in style of taxes decks. So I came with this list, maybe feels a bit messy, not sure which should be best, thats why there are not many 4ofs. The deck tech is on the link, where I explain every card why I put it in the deck.

https://deckstats.net/decks/100460/1756 ... -revisited

Tags:

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 3 years ago

I would suggest sneaking in 2-3 Celestial Purge into the sideboard. Quite useful against shadow decks and jund.. also another way to get rid of indestructible creatures like Hazoret, the fervent. Get rid of red creatures without ramping burn.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

drekonja
Pronoun: he / him

Post by drekonja » 3 years ago

Well yeah, sideboard is meta dependent anyway. Generally creature removal even for indestructible creatures is not that of problem in this deck, it exiles, bounces or gives minus toughness. Maybe the main weakness is I do not play Skyclave apparition and I play Deputy of detention instead since it is both colors. I wish there would be a UW bear that draws you a card or something like that, so far no cheap good grinding cards, so midrange attrition may be not a good matchup, could fare well against combo and certain explosive aggro. Against tron is sketchy, cannot rely full solely on two Lavinias which stop only noncreature spells really. Maybe Field of ruin instead of Moorland haunt?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Developing”