[deck]Hollow Herald[/deck]

FoodChainGoblins
Level 47
Pronoun: he / him

Post by FoodChainGoblins » 3 years ago

Hello, played Hollow Herald at a Sunday Magic. Did pretty poorly.

Round 1 vs. RW Infect. In game 1, my hand went Adept into Adept/Burning Inquiry and then Goblin Lore next turn. Way too fast. Even had a Hollow Boi along the way. In the next game, I can play an Adept, but leave mana up for Bolt. He goes for the turn 2 win, but I Lightning Bolt. But next turn he has Kor Outfitter. I do a million draw spells, but don't find anything and don't have enough mana or cards to Ox of Agonas. He gets there. The next game is going all right. I can even do a turn 4 Storm Herald with a Conscription, but he gets out a Colossal Hammer, so I should Shenanigans it instead since he has a lot of permanents and a blocker for a non lethal 13/12 Herald. The next turn he draws and plays Sigarda's Aid, plays a 2nd Hammer on Kor Firewalker, and then also plays Shadowspear. GGs. 1-2.

Round 2 vs. Martyr Proc. In the first game, I mull to 6 and keep on 0 land/2 Street Wraith. I have Bolt, double Adept, and Hollow One. But I don't draw a single land and lose to turn 2 6/6 Serra Ascendant after Martyr turn 1. In the next game, I rush him to 4. But he drops turn 4 Worship. Why could I not finish him off? I had 4 Mountain in hand and then drew another one for the turn. So my out is drawing Kozilek's Return. To make a long story short, the bottom of my library had K Return, Bolt, and the last Ox. :cussing: 0-2.

Round 3 vs. Grixis Shadow. In game 1, he does turn 1 IoK, which should take apart my hand of Conscription, Cathartic Reunion, Phoenix, 3 Mountain, and a Fiery Islet. He takes Phoenix instead of Reunion and I am STUNNED. Maybe he has Stubborn Denial? No, he taps out his Blue on turn 2 and I end up winning this game by going wide. In the next game, it is similar. I go wide and try to play around losing to Temur Battle Rage. I develop a board of double Ox as a 5/3, Hollow Boi, and some Phoenixes. He has Shadow and Gurmag Angler. He eventually scoops. 2-0.

I go 1-2. It sucked losing those first rounds, but if you live by the Burning Inquiry, you also die by it.
Standard - Will pick up what's good when paper starts
Pre Modern - Do not own anymore
Pioneer - DEAD
Modern - Jund Sacrifice, Amulet, Elementals, Trollementals, BR Asmo/Goryo's, Yawmoth Chord
Legacy - No more cards, will rebuy Sneak Show when I can
Limited - Will start when paper starts
Commander - Nope

Return to “Developing”