Silly legends to copy with Brudiclad

materpillar
the caterpillar
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by materpillar » 4 years ago

So I've wanted to play a deck that abuses Mirror Gallery for a long time. I saw a Brudiclad, Telchor Engineer deck recently and immediately wanted to combine Mirror Gallery + Brudiclad, Telchor Engineer + some enabler to make tons of a legend. I was wondering if people had any recommendations for silly legends to make a ton of. The first one that I thought of was Brothers Yamazaki.

I'll also be putting in Helm of the Host for redundancy but I was looking for legendary creatures that do extremely silly things in multiples, although I'm in the market for any creature suggestions really (I know Sharding Sphinx is also insane).

Is there a round about way of making a token copy of a planeswalker?

Tags:

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Rumpy5897 » 4 years ago

Drakuseth, Maw of Flames for ultra mega alpha roar times? Etali, Primal Storm for crazy cast value? Jhoira, Weatherlight Captain for turbo draw? Kamahl, Pit Fighter for bolt dispensal? Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs for crazy pillow fort times? Keiga, the Tide Star for removal protection? Krenko, Mob Boss for ridiculous swarm? Marton Stromgald for the world's biggest vanillas? Neheb, Dreadhorde Champion/Neheb, the Eternal for assorted Neheb things? Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind for more turbo draw and ping hailstorms? The Locust God for a self-propagating swarm with wings?

There are 190 options, should be possible to find something to your liking in there.

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

Myllior
Answers: 1

Post by Myllior » 4 years ago

This reminds me of a deck I found on Tappedout recently: Gallery of Deceivers. It's different in that it's 5C and is centred around Deceiver of Form instead of Brudiclad, Telchor Engineer, but it could be good to peruse for ideas. The main line in Izzet colours is to attack with 7-9 copies of Windreader Sphinx, draw a very large chunk of your library and then cast Rites of Initiation prior to damage to massively pump your team. Other non-legendary options include Beguiler of Wills to steal everyone's creatures, Blightsteel Colossus to just win and Utvara Hellkite for bringing out the d100's to show how many tokens you have.

For making a token copy of a planeswalker, you'll need a way to make a planeswalker a creature or artifact to be copiable and also a way to copy it. (There may be other permanent types that are directly copiable, but I can't think of any off the top of my head). For turning planeswalkers directly into creatures, Sarkhan the Masterless is the only card I'm aware of. If you want to copy them as artifacts, or use Ensoul Artifact, March of the Machines or a relevant Tezzeret (Seeker, Machinist) to turn them into creatures after making them artifacts, then cards like Argent Mutation, Liquimetal Coating, Memnarch and Mycosynth Lattice give you ways to make them artifacts for this. The second part is easy, with Quasiduplicate, Rite of Replication, Saheeli's Artistry and many other options available.

darrenhabib

Post by darrenhabib » 4 years ago

For silliness I like the idea of multiple Kari Zev, Skyship Raider sending a troop of Ragavan at opponents.
This just reminds me of those videos you see of monkeys stealing tourists things.

If you attack with a bunch of Captain Lannery Storm then you'll get a bunch of treasures, which you can sack to give all your Captains +1/+0. Meaning it's sort of the same as Brothers Yamazaki as far as you'll get a bonus to each one for every additional one you have.

Márton Stromgald will actually get the bonuses for each other version, so with 4 of them attacking they'll all get +12/+12 each.

Okaun, Eye of Chaos and Zndrsplt, Eye of Wisdom will put up some crazy numbers in multiples.

Tibor and Lumia can legitimately clear the opponents board with just a single spell if you have enough of them in play.

Tuktuk the Explorer is a "don't you dare attack me" type of card. Whats fun about him, is that you can turn your Tuktuk the Returned 5/5 tokens back into Tuktuk the Explorer at the start of combat.

As far as broken plays. Sai, Master Thopterist is going to be your best bet. With mutiples in play you cast a single artifact and that will of course makes tons of tokens, and it'll just snowball each turn.

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 4 years ago

The most important thing to remember with Brudiclad is that a token doesn't have to be a creature in order to be copied (or to become a copy).
A sleigh of Captain Lannery Storms will create treasure tokens that can then become creatures on the next combat.
So don't forget that investigations, treasures, and gold tokens are all great things to add in there.

I think Krenko, Mob Boss is the most degenerate legend to copy. Lets say you have a copy-able Krenko, and Brudiclad that pushes you into two other tokens. You can copy Krenko and tap all three to make 6 tokens. That's not major, but next turn you're starting at 9.. which makes over 130 new tokens. The third goes insane and makes.. well... it's a number with 26 digits... and they have haste...
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

toctheyounger

Post by toctheyounger » 4 years ago

materpillar wrote:
4 years ago
Spark Double is the only way to do it at present, purely because any other copy or token will enter with 0 counters and die to SBA's.

I feel like Sakashima the Impostor would be cool here just in case of removal. Purphoros, God of the Forge seems gross to have multiple copies of.
Malazan Decks of the Fallen
| Shadowthrone/Lazav | Raest/Yidris | T'iam / The Ur-Dragon |

Dunharrow

Post by Dunharrow » 4 years ago

toctheyounger wrote:
4 years ago
materpillar wrote:
4 years ago
Spark Double is the only way to do it at present, purely because any other copy or token will enter with 0 counters and die to SBA's.

I feel like Sakashima the Impostor would be cool here just in case of removal. Purphoros, God of the Forge seems gross to have multiple copies of.
The trick is to use an anthem effect of some sort so that your clever impersonator or Spark double enters as a 1/1... then when you make a token copy of it you can have the token enter copying something. For example, you can equip Helm of the host to a 1/1 Clever impersonator, and every turn copy a planeswalker.

In these colors you would probably use something like Hall of Triumph, I guess.

Also, any copies of planeswalkers enter with loyalty counters. Otherwise Clever Impersonator would not work. But if you turn a permanent on the battlefield into a copy of a planeswalker, it will die as it does not have loyalty counters.
The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme

Gashnaw

Post by Gashnaw » 4 years ago

I did this with a helm on kozi.
I had ahnilator 40+

toctheyounger

Post by toctheyounger » 4 years ago

Dunharrow wrote:
4 years ago
toctheyounger wrote:
4 years ago
materpillar wrote:
4 years ago

The trick is to use an anthem effect of some sort so that your clever impersonator or Spark double enters as a 1/1... then when you make a token copy of it you can have the token enter copying something. For example, you can equip Helm of the host to a 1/1 Clever impersonator, and every turn copy a planeswalker.

In these colors you would probably use something like Hall of Triumph, I guess.

Also, any copies of planeswalkers enter with loyalty counters. Otherwise Clever Impersonator would not work. But if you turn a permanent on the battlefield into a copy of a planeswalker, it will die as it does not have loyalty counters.
Yeah just read the oracle text on Impersonator. My bad, I didn't think it copied loyalty counters at all. Makes sense that it copies what's on the card standardly.
Malazan Decks of the Fallen
| Shadowthrone/Lazav | Raest/Yidris | T'iam / The Ur-Dragon |

Sinis

Post by Sinis » 4 years ago

Naban, Dean of Iteration might result in some Wizard doing something really silly.
Adeliz, the Cinder Wind is self-referential; each Adeliz will add to each Adeliz, making every instant/sorcery basically an Overrun.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”