Noncreature options with Moritte

Cyberium
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Cyberium » 2 years ago

Moritte of the Frost

Most decks I researched focus on creatures/tribal, which is viable, though I'm curious on synergy amongst noncreature cards. Have people tried Enchantress with him? Or in a Super friends deck where you use a - ability, then copy the PW with Moritte to "refresh" loyalty counters. Maybe even an Energy deck?

Sinis
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Sinis » 2 years ago

There was this thread: http://nxs.wf/np119221

I built a Moritte deck, and tried to copy things that explode in power like Parallel Lives, Fable of Wolf and Owl, Tendershoot Dryad etc. I found it difficult to mitigate Moritte's cost for set up cards. Parallel lives into Moritte is like, 9 mana, and then you better have some amazing related payoff on the next turn.

I think a lot of these decks focus on creatures because it reinforces existing wincons instead of trying to leverage Moritte on onerously costed setups.

Dunharrow
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Dunharrow » 2 years ago

Mind's Dilation?

In my opinion, the strategy should to play it as a 0/0 not copying anything. You need something to keep it alive like Master Biomancer. Then you start cloning it to make copies of non-creature permanents.
You can play Blade of Selves to make copies of permanents with good ETBs. I like the idea of having a token enter the battlefield as a copy of a saga. It enters tapped and attacking?
The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy
Answers: 1

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 2 years ago

I duuno, man. I'd just compile goodstuff simicland.dec and copy Field of the Dead if I wanted to really maximize Moritte.
There's no biscuits and gravy in New Zealand.
(Except when DirkGently makes them!)

Ertai Planeswalker

Post by Ertai Planeswalker » 2 years ago

I researched it extensively but could not find enough nice things to do that would make it somewhat unique instead of just simic goodstuff.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”