legendary zombie for "lich" tribal

nobody
Pronoun: he / him

Post by nobody » 2 years ago

I want to build a lich edh tribal deck, but consedering there still isn't a lengendary zombie in the same vain as Lich's Mastery I need to pick a lore flavorful legendary zombie for the real commander(s) of the deck.

I know the insperation for this post is both out of date and wishful thinking., but I am upset that out of all the lich's in mtg lore we still have yet to get a legendary creature in the same vain as somthing like Lich's Mastery.

Wallycaine

Post by Wallycaine » 2 years ago

Varina, Lich Queen is proably your best bet? I would think you'd want white, both for ease of access to lifegain effects (which turn into draw effects) and the occasional Angel's Grace effect to not instalose to enchantment Wraths. Also you get enchantment tutors as well. Plus blue gives extra card draw that doesn't rely on your liches, as well as stifles for the same basic principle as grace effects with some broader applications.

Sharpened

Post by Sharpened » 2 years ago

Dralnu, Lich Lord is a legendary lich, although I don't know if he's best for what you want to build.

toctheyounger

Post by toctheyounger » 2 years ago

Varina is probably your best bet, especially considering she gives you access to a lot of the life/game loss spells you'll need. Things like Phyrexian Unlife, Island Sanctuary and Transcendence and such. For this sort of deck you're really just using her for colors and the thematic plus of her being a lich, otherwise I'd suggest other cards.

Fwiw, @SpikeFeedersJim has a really great lich build thats worth looking over for inspiration if needed. These sort of builds go pretty deep on complex rules too, so its worth looking over the video tutorial he did for the same. Its well worth the watch.
Malazan Decks of the Fallen
| Shadowthrone/Lazav | Raest/Yidris | T'iam / The Ur-Dragon |

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”