Creature Suggestions for a Fight Club-Treasure Deck

kirkusjones
Disciple of Dumb
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by kirkusjones » 2 years ago

I've decided, like a handful of others here, to pare my collection down to just a handful of decks. One of which is a Fight/Treasure themed deck helmed by Korvold.

In my mind, I see Korvold as Don King - the fight promoter who gets rich (treasures) off of his stable of fighters. As I was putting the list together, I found that there were some core creatures I wanted to have, but creating the roster of fighters was tougher, as there are a lot of options in Jund. What I've decided to do is make a stack of 24-30 fighters and choose 15 at random at the beginning of the game to shuffle in. This way there is some variety and randomness to the deck.

Core creatures:
Old Gnawbone
Terror of the Peaks
Kogla, the Titan Ape
Xenagos, God of Revels
Ulvenwald Tracker
Ogre Battledriver
Urabrask the Hidden
Thorn Mammoth
Questing Beast
Apex Altisaur
Xorn
Academy Manufactor
Goldspan Dragon
Selvala, Heart of the Wilds
Ignoble Hierarch
Birds of Paradise
Mana elves

Here's what I have so far for the fight roster:

Spiritmonger
Archon of Cruelty
Inferno of the Star Mounts
Elder Gargaroth
Grave Titan
Inferno Titan
Balefire Dragon
Vigor
Wurmcoil Engine
Archfiend of Despair

Hit me with more fighters!

Tags:

PrimevalCommander
Pronoun: he / him

Post by PrimevalCommander » 2 years ago

You have most of the main creatures that have a fight ability already on them. Lots of instant's and sorceries that cause your creatures to fight.

Next step would be ensuring your creatures live through the fight in order to get into combat. Shouldn't be too hard when you target smaller creatures with many of these abilities, but a few cards to make sure your creatures live would be good. Heroic Intervention and Asceticism would help you from getting 2 for 1'd by instant speed removal.

Deathtouchers are good here, Oakhame Adversary is a good one with upside. Maybe Ohran Viper and Ohran Frostfang for the same. Pitiless Plunderer for more treasure making.

If you are looking for big creatures for your revolving roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”