mtgcommander forum archive

scatteredsun
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by scatteredsun » 2 years ago

Hey all, anyone know if there's an archive of the old mtgcommander forum floating around anywhere? I had a bunch of decklists there I'd like to get back. Finally getting back into magic after a couple year hiatus.

Treamayne

Post by Treamayne » 2 years ago

Welcom Back
scatteredsun wrote:
2 years ago
Hey all, anyone know if there's an archive of the old mtgcommander forum floating around anywhere? I had a bunch of decklists there I'd like to get back. Finally getting back into magic after a couple year hiatus.
The server crashed before that graceful shutdown date. IIRC Genomancer was trying to salvage what he could, but the most recent backup at the time of the crash (Nov 19) was around Sep 19. You may be able to message him directly with a list of what you are looking for, and he can check the backups to see if it is available/recovered.

Some people have been able to recover data from the first page of a thread through the WayBackMachine, as there are a number of slices ("Saved 307 times between December 5, 2010 and September 17, 2021.") available there (I know Segrus was able to recover his B-Movie decklist this way). IME, none of the slices go deeper than page 1 of a subforum or thread, and any given slice does not necessarily have the first page of each subforum/tread from that day's archive. The interface is fairly good about redirecting a given URL to the nearest day that has a slice of that section of forum. For example, going to the 19 Sep 2016 slice of the Decklists sub - I went to your "Phenax: Grave rats" deck and it adjusted to the 22 Apr 2016 slice, because that was the date that had a slice for that thread's url.

Here's what I found available from the first page of the decklist forum from the one slice I checked:
Phenax: Grave rats.
Show
Hide
mtgcommander.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=16869

scatteredsun
Post subject: Phenax: Grave rats.
Posted: 2014-Mar-28 8:27 am

After playing a big butts Phenax deck, I kept thinking about unusual ways to make her mill work. I always wished I had more creatures out. This lead me to tokens of course. I thought about all the fun U/B token cards and realized it could work. Buff lots of small dudes and either token swarm for the win or potentially mill the crap out of people. Then I thought "How do I buff in U/B?" Zombies? Sure, lots of lords, usual artifact stuff, BORING. Lots of zombie decks at my LGS. What other tribes are there in blue/bla........OMGRATS!!!!! LOOOOOOOOTS OF RATS! RELENTLESS SWARMS OF RATS! That led to this deck.

It has a few different ways to win. I can go aggro and swing with a bunch of rats that fly from either Wonder or Akroma's Memorial. I can mill people and stop Eldrazi with Stifle, Trickbind or Leyline of the Void. Or, the usual game plan, I can mill myself and dump my graveyard (and possibly others too) on to the table with Living Death et al.

Creature (36) Instant (7) Sorcery (9) Artifact (6) Enchantment (4) Land (38) _________________
Glissa, the Traitor → Voltron
Mayael the Anima → Flopping Fatties
Phenax, God of Deception → Grave Rats
Starke of Rath → Wrath of Starke: MRC

Proving Grounds: Drawmia-maro, Titania When Lands Attack, Tromokratis Read it Again, Kaalia's Klerics, Hordes of Tribes.

Last edited by scatteredsun on 2016-Apr-13 1:16 am, edited 15 times in total.
Taigam Rough Draft
Show
Hide
mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=18644
scatteredsun
Post subject: Taigam Rough Draft
Posted: 2017-Jun-14 1:00 pm

I really like Taigam and I've been wanting to make a spellslinger deck for awhile. I knew I wanted Dovescape and In the Eye of Chaos in here since my own instants and Sorceries can't be countered. Other than that, it turns out, I'm not good at spell slinging decks and I had a real hard time with this one. I pretty much just threw a bunch of spells in that looked like they'd be fun to have rebound and then added some stuff that likes it when spells are cast.

I threw the Swords in for some offensive oomph and as a sort of wincon. Some of the other choices are just cuz I want to cast them.

I'm sure this deck will evolve over time

EDIT: Speaking of time, I didn't want to just shove extra turn cards in here. I don't even have any left. I've traded them all away.

Creature (8) Instant (16) Sorcery (20) Artifact (14) Enchantment (6) Land (35) _________________
Glissa, the Traitor → Voltron
Mayael the Anima → Flopping Fatties
Phenax, God of Deception → Grave Rats

Proving Grounds: Drawmia-maro, Titania When Lands Attack, Tromokratis Read it Again, Kaalia's Klerics, Hordes of Tribes.
Zurgo, door to door salesman.
Show
Hide
http://mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=18204
scatteredsun
Post subject: Zurgo, door to door salesman.
Posted: 2016-May-24 1:11 am

I've been wanting to use Assault Suit since I first saw it. Zurgo looked like he could suit up nicely.

I can keep Zurgo at home and smash face or send him off to the neighbors. I have some pillowfort cards to keep things in order at home while Zurgo's away. I also tossed in some "You Did This To Yourself"(tm) cards to help speed things up.

There's the usual recursion and some buffs for Zurgo since he's destructible when on the road.

A couple cards I tossed in to give me a bonus even when Zurgo's swinging for another team.
Soul Link will give me life
Moonsilver Spear gives me the Angel

Creature (21) Instant (5) Sorcery (3) Artifact (12) Enchantment (22) Planeswalker (1)
Ob Nixilis of the Black Oath

Land (36) There are some cards I'll add when I get them. Norn's Annex and Ghostly Prison being two that I thought I had but apparently don't. Bazaar Trader may come in too as another way to get Zurgo out the door.

V/R

Treamayne

scatteredsun

I completely forgot about the wayback machine! Thank you, much appreciated! I'll do some fiddling around with it.

Good to see so many familiar names here!

Sinis

Post by Sinis » 2 years ago

scatteredsun wrote:
2 years ago
Oh my, I remember you! Yeah, sadly as Treamayne said, much of it was lost. I gave up everything I had on there for gone a while ago, and have tried to replicate it here.

scatteredsun

Wayback Machine ftw! Found my Mayael list. Now to go through 2 (omg WotC slow tf down!) years of cards to update it.

Thanks Treamayne!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”