I'm looking for an old custom image of one of those fan-made personality tests.

3drinks
Kaalia's Personal Liaison
Pronoun: he / him

Post by 3drinks » 2 years ago

And I need your help. My image searching techniques don't seem to pull up anything useful, presumably with algorithms changed or whatever else one an think of, but I miss my old colorless personality type image. It was custom, and I remember the text "at your best you are unfeeling and at your worst, you are uncaring, numbers are your symbol and you have no colour". Imagery for it had a 1 on it and the background was Dread Statuary. If anyone has it or can help find it, many many thanks.

Modern
R{R/W} 87guide Burn
Commander
WRKellan, the Fae-Blooded // Birthright Boon (local secret santa gift)
RTorbran, Thane of Red Fell (Red Deck Wins)
WBRAlesha, Who Smiles at Death (Slivers)
WBRKaalia HQ

Treamayne
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Treamayne » 2 years ago

3drinks wrote:
2 years ago
And I need your help. My image searching techniques don't seem to pull up anything useful, presumably with algorithms changed or whatever else one an think of, but I miss my old colorless personality type image. It was custom, and I remember the text "at your best you are unfeeling and at your worst, you are uncaring, numbers are your symbol and you have no colour". Imagery for it had a 1 on it and the background was Dread Statuary. If anyone has it or can help find it, many many thanks.
Do you have any more information, such as what Quiz generated the image or what the image format was?

By image format, what I mean is:
- Was it like the periodic signature tags on these forums "I am WU with an image on one side, mana symbol on the other and text in the middle?
- If not, was the text described in the quote over the image or off to one side? How about the 1?
- If not found, would a re-creation serve as well?
V/R

Treamayne

3drinks

Treamayne wrote:
2 years ago
3drinks wrote:
2 years ago
Do you have any more information, such as what Quiz generated the image or what the image format was?

By image format, what I mean is:
- Was it like the periodic signature tags on these forums "I am WU with an image on one side, mana symbol on the other and text in the middle?
- If not, was the text described in the quote over the image or off to one side? How about the 1?
- If not found, would a re-creation serve as well?
I do not believe it was from a quiz. I'm 90% positive it was a custom created image. But it had the same dimensions of the other images. The text was over the image, centered in place. the 1 was to the top left, I believe. I suppose a recreation would work, if I could remember the text description.

Modern
R{R/W} 87guide Burn
Commander
WBRKaalia HQ

Treamayne

3drinks wrote:
2 years ago
I do not believe it was from a quiz. I'm 90% positive it was a custom created image. But it had the same dimensions of the other images. The text was over the image, centered in place. the 1 was to the top left, I believe. I suppose a recreation would work, if I could remember the text description.
It would seem the image you are referencing originated from this thread, and was likely created by Brofaux. You may be able to contact the user to see if they still have the original image available.

Unfortunately, it seems all of the images were hosted at either:
https://media-dominaria.cursecdn.com/attachments
http://www.majhost.com

Neither of which seems to be an active URL anymore (which is why you probably had no lock finding the image).

Here is my first attempt at a recreation:
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Last edited by Treamayne 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
V/R

Treamayne

3drinks

Whoa, that's a sick remix. And that thread down memory lane, I never found that in my searching so thanks for that. Is there a way you can make the font lighter (or add a 1px stroke around it since they blend in too much to the background)?

Modern
R{R/W} 87guide Burn
Commander
WBRKaalia HQ

Treamayne

3drinks wrote:
2 years ago
Whoa, that's a sick remix. And that thread down memory lane, I never found that in my searching so thanks for that. Is there a way you can make the font lighter (or add a 1px stroke around it since they blend in too much to the background)?
Version 2 - Lighten 10%, added text shadow.
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Dread_Statuary_Banner_Text.jpg
V/R

Treamayne

3drinks

Hmm. Can we shrink it down to be more appropriate for a signature image please? It's both long and tall, at least on mobile.

Modern
R{R/W} 87guide Burn
Commander
WBRKaalia HQ

Treamayne

3drinks wrote:
2 years ago
Hmm. Can we shrink it down to be more appropriate for a signature image please? It's both long and tall, at least on mobile.
It was ~750x150 px. I reduced the height to 100px (with proportional shortening of length, so final size is 526x100px)
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Dread_Statuary_Banner_100.jpg
If that is still too large, do you have a size in mind?
Did you ever recall what the first part of the text was?
Would you prefer a "1" over the (I changed it only because the post was so old I presumed they used a 1 only because the colorless symbol hadn't yet been created)? However, the second line no longer quite fits....
V/R

Treamayne

3drinks

Unfortunately I keep trying to remember. It was so cool, but dang it I can't recite it all from memory. I wonder if it's still on my laptop. Probably not but I was storing a lot of images back then. Might be worth looking into.

Modern
R{R/W} 87guide Burn
Commander
WBRKaalia HQ

Treamayne

3drinks wrote:
2 years ago
Unfortunately I keep trying to remember. It was so cool, but dang it I can't recite it all from memory. I wonder if it's still on my laptop. Probably not but I was storing a lot of images back then. Might be worth looking into.
And you have the thread posts to give you an idea of what DTG the file will have. Not sure if Brofaux is still reachable on the forums from which that thread came.
V/R

Treamayne

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”