Help with Alrund and his one Eye of Chaos please.

kraus911
Pronoun: he / him

Post by kraus911 » 3 years ago

I have an In the Eye of Chaos that I got years ago that I need to use or sell and want to put it in an Alrund, God of the Cosmos // Hakka, Whispering Raven deck. My thought is to make an enchantment heavy deck with a focus on getting a big Alrund through.

I know just having In the Eye of Chaos doesn't mean I need to avoid putting instants in the deck. There will be plenty of games where it doesn't even show up but I like the idea of making a mono-blue deck that's not a counterspell deck and this general with this pet card seem to point to that.

I'm going to be subbing in Alrund for my Kefnet deck that has Pendrell Mists , Mana Breach , and Back to Basics already in it, so there's already the architecture of a mono-blue enchantment deck there, I'm just not sure how to make it work.

Ideas?

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy
Answers: 1
Pronoun: he / him

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 3 years ago

I think you need to triple down on stax permanents with which you can break parity. Trinisphere, propaganda, overburden, and equilibrium all come to mind, but lesser gems like mana vortex, shimmer, and dream tides would also be pretty great lock pieces that minimally affect your voltron plan.
There's no biscuits and gravy in New Zealand.
(Except when DirkGently makes them!)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”