Rebuiding my Zedruu deck

Dunharrow
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Dunharrow » 3 years ago

So, to preface, I know tstorm's deck and that is not really the direction I want to go in. I want to move away from going infinite. I have to say I love the deck. I just want to do my own thing.

I have had a Zedruu deck for many years. The deck was supposed to be just for fun and basically had 4-5 win conditions. The rest of the deck was just there to stall the game until I drew a win-condition.

I ended up finding that the most fun thing the deck could do would be to play Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker, copy things like Palisade Giant, and give the tokens to my opponents so they wouldn't be sacrificed.
Kiki would also double up as a win condition with Zealous Conscripts, which was in the deck so I could steal a pesky permanent and donate it to another player.

I want to take Zealous Conscripts out because I don't want infinite combos. I liked my deck, but haven't played it in years because it was very slow. I didn't want to make it better because I hate winning with Kiki combo. So, I have decided to take out the kiki combo.

But my other win conditions were really bad:
Azor's Elocutors - I think I will keep this
Storm Herd - I want to cut
Felidar Sovereign - I want to cut
ultimating planeswalkers - I may keep the walkers in, not sure yet, but I guess this works with just trying to stall the game.

I would like your help identifying cards that work well with Kiki Jiki to help me win the game. Of course, if you have other, non-infinite ideas for me to win the game, I am all ears.
I just don't want random goodstuff that is only there to win, or cards that will make me go infinite. I really want to focus on donating cards (nothing that hurts my opponents, this is for fun), stalling the game, and winning without going infinite.

Appreciate your help!
The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 3 years ago

I have a zedruu build that Is in my sig but the premise is cast Aura spells on zedruu donate them and then voltron zedruu in for the win. between spells like Blue Scarab or Immolation to even the jank that is Blessing of the Nephilim there are lots of cheap auras that suit up on zedruu fast and when donated provide us a card advantage engine that is hard to beat.

I should note that I used to run Kiki to donate stuff like Wall of Omens or Auramancer tokens but eventually cut them to make more focus of the deck revolve around the pure buff mama cow herself.
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

pokken
Answers: 2

Post by pokken » 3 years ago

Because of how Zedruu the Greathearted can easily stall the game with symmetrical hate effects like Moat for example or Stony Silence or Rest in Peace etc., Insurrection has been the best wincon in Zedruu I have ever seen.

Below is my buddy's deck that uses that as the primary wincon:

https://deckbox.org/sets/1734381

While it's not my favorite to play against, I think it's pretty elegantly designed. basically, donate symmetrical hate effects that cause a really long game then Insurrection :P

Dunharrow

Post by Dunharrow » 3 years ago

Ulka wrote:
3 years ago
I have a zedruu build that Is in my sig but the premise is cast Aura spells on zedruu donate them and then voltron zedruu in for the win. between spells like Blue Scarab or Immolation to even the jank that is Blessing of the Nephilim there are lots of cheap auras that suit up on zedruu fast and when donated provide us a card advantage engine that is hard to beat.

I should note that I used to run Kiki to donate stuff like Wall of Omens or Auramancer tokens but eventually cut them to make more focus of the deck revolve around the pure buff mama cow herself.
Lol that's a fun idea, but not really the angle I am working. I really don't want to even attack. I just want to stall, and then win with something fun.
pokken wrote:
3 years ago
Because of how Zedruu the Greathearted can easily stall the game with symmetrical hate effects like Moat for example or Stony Silence or Rest in Peace etc., Insurrection has been the best wincon in Zedruu I have ever seen.

Below is my buddy's deck that uses that as the primary wincon:
While it's not my favorite to play against, I think it's pretty elegantly designed. basically, donate symmetrical hate effects that cause a really long game then Insurrection :P
Thanks for sharing the list, I see some similarity for sure. I just don't know about Insurrection - doesn't it not pan out with all the Propaganda effects?

I guess I am also thinking that I want something that is less "I drew this card and so I win" and more Kiki-Jiki, Brudiclad, Telchor Engineer and <insert win condition that doesn't go infinite>.

Actually.. my deck has a lot of tokens (to donate), so Brudiclad fits well. I think Mystic Reflection would fit very well too.

I just don't know what I want to clone. Inferno Titan? Seems boring. But I need a non-legendary creature that won't go infinite. Something that scales super well when copied.
Monastery Mentor could be interesting - kiki jiki it, make brudiclad make all tokens more copies of monastery mentor. Cast a couple spells.
The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme

Dragoon
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Dragoon » 3 years ago

Dunharrow wrote:
3 years ago
I guess I am also thinking that I want something that is less "I drew this card and so I win"
What about Mirrorweave and Radiate? "They drew this card and so I won" :P

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”