RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by RxPhantom » 3 years ago

3drinks wrote:
3 years ago
RxPhantom wrote:
3 years ago
I thought the whole foil loophole issue began and ended with Phyrexian Negator being the face card of a Duel Deck. But anyway, I really hate that these RL proponents seem to have WotC's ear and players, well...don't. Did people seriously get up in arms about Reverberate though? They printed it in three consecutive core sets.
Didn't the Negator come out the same year as Wheel? Either/or, it's some chicken & eggs semantics really.

And yes, yes those certain individuals were raising a stink about reverb. Why do you think it hasn't been printed since?
What odd reasoning, but I'll bite. For the same reason as, I don't know, Necrotic Plague; some things just aren't reprinted often or at all. Is Redirect in the same boat? It was printed in the same three core sets. Why hasn't that been reprinted since? Were collectors up in arms over their lost investments in Deflection?

You get my point. It's dubious logic. Lots of things haven't been reprinted in a while. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that if they wanted to reprint Reverberate, they just would and no one will care. Did I need to spend this many words belaboring the point? Probably not. I'm probably just nitpicking, but your'e still reading this, aren't you? Gotcha.

*puts on sunglasses real cool like*
*walks into sunset*
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 2/18/22 (Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty)

PrimevalCommander
Pronoun: he / him

Post by PrimevalCommander » 3 years ago

I like gold borders as high quality "proxys", but now even those are climbing. Mostly I like them as a second copy for playing in muliple decks so I don't need several copies of the real card. Though I'm not really wanting to pay $25 for a gold border version of a card I picked up for $40 some years ago as a second copy. I'll just move to actual proxies at that point. My gold border Grim Monolith is getting some use, and I had my eye on a few others but never jumped.

With the secondary market going full retard on reserve list cards, I would not care if someone proxied a few. Though I would like to know when the game starts. It will help me choose my deck and adjust my play style rather than randomly starting a game and finding a bunch or paper printouts of big $$ cards across the table. This is more of a concern with more randomized metas, and I currently only play in a couple of small intimate groups.

I recently joined a small group of guys in various stages of experience and card collections. I played a couple RL cards in my strong 75% decks and almost felt bad when one card is worth more than several of these guys entire decks. I will still play these cards because I paid for them, but the price differential now is obscene in my opinion. Makes me want to say, "Hey guys if you want to proxy up some duals or Gilded Drake or Gaea's Cradle, I'm cool with it". I'm still the new guy though, so I think they are just in awe that some rando off the street has these cards. What I don't want is the Johnny, Combo Player dude who is a die hard artifact combo/stax player with Urza, Lord High Artificer proxying up Timetwister and Mishra's Workshop [/card] because we agreed proxys are cool.

Sinis
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Sinis » 3 years ago

PrimevalCommander wrote:
3 years ago
who is a die hard artifact combo/stax player with Urza, Lord High Artificer proxying up Timetwister and Mishra's Workshop [/card] because we agreed proxys are cool.
I think the issue here comes from the idea that you're playing someone who you wouldn't play with if you knew what they were playing and even if they didn't have proxies.

I think proxying Timetwister and Mishra's Workshop is okay, as long as we're playing a game that we both agree on (even as a Timetwister owner).

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”