Ishai/ravos esper deck

EricElPipiDuro
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by EricElPipiDuro » 3 years ago

What do y'all think of the pairing? I have all flyers. Mainly angels, birds and flying spirit tokens. I have tormod, thalisse, liesa, and others.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Moved to Commander
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

pokken
Answers: 2

Post by pokken » 3 years ago

My experience with Tymna/Ishai was that Ishai is kind of a weird card. She was never once anything other than a spellskite in a couple dozen games - she would sit around the table, get huge, then die to a removal spell and be too expensive for me to want to recast and then wait again.

I think with fliers you would be far better off with Tymna the Weaver than Ravos, Soultender anywho - Ravos is pretty boss when you have big creatures that're high impact to recur (in my opinion).

And Ishai is always going to have a weird sequencing where you want her to be on the battlefield at the same time as another commander.

My thinking is Tymna the Weaver and Esior, Wardwing Familiar would make a smoother playing flyer deck? But could be wrong :)

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank

Post by Rumpy5897 » 3 years ago

I can confirm that Esior + Tymna is good fun, and a deck rocking the pair alongside a bunch of one-drop evasives and anthems proved too good for my group :P Linking here more as a curiosity than anything. The commander pair is solid, and I'm pretty sure they could make your wings.dec work too.

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

Dunharrow

Post by Dunharrow » 3 years ago

I play Ishai along Reyhan, Last of the Abzan since Ishai is the only WU partner. Ishai has marginal synergy with the deck, but really only gets played if I have a lot of excess mana.

If you are going esper I would definitely pair a WB partner with a monoblue partner.
The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme

onering
Answers: 1
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by onering » 3 years ago

Sak and Tymna. Neither has flying, but 1 Tymna is great so 2 Tymna are better.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”