Wort, boggart Auntie, (Competitive but not quite)

Gashnaw
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Gashnaw » 3 years ago

Wort, Boggart Auntie

So, I want to build a wort deck that hold its own in a higher powered environment. I don't need infinite combos (But maybe one or two that can be "Oops, I went infinite" (So you know cards that can go infinite but not their initial intent to be included)

Yes this is goblin tribal and I don't mind running a few non goblins, Like Mikaeus, the Unhallowed which could bring my gobos back, with a bit of extra power. (Maybe pair him with Murderous Redcap and Purphoros, god of the forge.)

Anyway I don't want to have to spend thousands of dollars on this, nor do I want this to just be a pile. I want this to be a loaner deck, that I don't mind playing now and then as well. I use to play wort, bug i have since dismantled and sold a lot of cards from it (I was quitting magic at the time, since my 500 dollar arcum deck had been stolen)

Anyway I am looking for help on how to build a (not quite) competitive wort Boggart auntie deck.

If you want to gauge a power-level, My dragon deck.
https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/nest-of-the-ur-dragon/

My dragon deck is quick and nasty, I want the goblin deck to be on par with it.

Dunharrow

Post by Dunharrow » 3 years ago

I guess you would run Goblin Bombardment, Attrition, etc.
Murderous redcap is probably one of the best cards in the deck. I don't see why you would need purphoros, since redcap goes infinite with mikaeus and any sac outlet.

Have you considered running Shattergang Brothers and putting Wort in the 99? I just ask because Wort really needs a lot of support. Goblins don't particularly lend themselves to the kind of grindy value that Wort wants to generate.

The other thing is that you could pack your deck full of Tribal cards like Nameless Inversion.
The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme

Gashnaw

Post by Gashnaw » 3 years ago

Dunharrow wrote:
3 years ago
Murderous redcap is probably one of the best cards in the deck. I don't see why you would need purphoros, since redcap goes infinite with mikaeus and any sac outlet.

Have you considered running Shattergang Brothers and putting Wort in the 99? I just ask because Wort really needs a lot of support. Goblins don't particularly lend themselves to the kind of grindy value that Wort wants to generate.

The other thing is that you could pack your deck full of Tribal cards like Nameless Inversion.
I have looked into shattergang brothers many times. But they do not speak to me.

Forgot redcap deals damage by itself as well. But alas, the sac outlet needs to generate value on its own, otherwise its only value is that 3 card combo. Given goblin low costs, a phyrexian altar or Ashnod's altar would not be worth it.

onering
Answers: 1
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by onering » 3 years ago

Gashnaw wrote:
3 years ago
Dunharrow wrote:
3 years ago

I have looked into shattergang brothers many times. But they do not speak to me.

Forgot redcap deals damage by itself as well. But alas, the sac outlet needs to generate value on its own, otherwise its only value is that 3 card combo. Given goblin low costs, a phyrexian altar or Ashnod's altar would not be worth it.
Viscera Seer will help you dig, and the altars will pay off quickly with a few mana sinks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”