Amareth's Baubles (Let's Brew!)

Cyberium
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Cyberium » 3 years ago

Here we go, Amareth the Lustrous, works with any permanent (token or otherwise) and favored by the blinks and Sensei's Divining Top. I'm glad it's not another of that Chulane disaster, and Amareth arguably has a lot more ways to build itself.

How would people build Amareth? Egg-Storm, Enchantress, super friends, landfall, tokens+creatures, blink-heavy, type-matter, or a mix of several?

I'm testing out an Aura-Voltron deck with Amareth, one casting of aura leads to another. Each time Estrid, the Masked creates a mask I get to look at top card for another enchantment, and enchantment creatures let me look for two kinds of cards etc. Future Sight type card suddenly adds even more to the board.

not-a-cube
Pronoun: he / him

Post by not-a-cube » 3 years ago

So Amareth, the Lustrous and Sensei's Divining Top are 1 mana draw 1? play top for 1, amareth trigger, tap top to draw and put top on top of library, amareth sees top (shares card type) and draw is? then do it again? for 2 mana it's look at top 3 put back and draw?
EDH Decks:
Queen Marchesa
Chainer, Dementia Master
Will Kenrith
Bruna, the fading light

Cyberium

not-a-cube wrote:
3 years ago
So Amareth, the Lustrous and Sensei's Divining Top are 1 mana draw 1? play top for 1, amareth trigger, tap top to draw and put top on top of library, amareth sees top (shares card type) and draw is? then do it again? for 2 mana it's look at top 3 put back and draw?
Anything that reduces artifact cost would go banana here.

not-a-cube

Post by not-a-cube » 3 years ago

Cyberium wrote:
3 years ago
not-a-cube wrote:
3 years ago
Anything that reduces artifact cost would go banana here.
Oh jea Jhoira's Familiar , Foundry Inspector , Etherium Sculptor would be draw your deck
EDH Decks:
Queen Marchesa
Chainer, Dementia Master
Will Kenrith
Bruna, the fading light

Hawk
Slayer of Threads

Post by Hawk » 3 years ago

Because she puts the card into your hand and not onto the battlefield, I suspect her best use is some sort of Eggs deck - basically a Sram, Senior Edificer deck that gives up its lean 2 CMC Commander and instead gets to play Trinket Mage, Etherium Sculptor[/card], and more eggs as well as counterspells and ramp. As noted, you can draw your whole deck with Top + a cost reducer. Unlike Sram, you get to run actual eggs and not just equipment and auras - you can lean on powerhouses like Scroll Rack for full value and potentially "go off" by filling your deck with stuff like Chromatic Sphere, Skycloud Egg, and the other usual suspects. It seems good.

The next best deck is probably Enchantress. Cards like Estrid, the Masked make tokens, cards like Soothsaying and Sylvan Library, Mirri's Guile, and Future Sight help you chain off more easily, there's a possibility of having Mana Reflection and Wild Growth-type effects to go all. the. way, and you can use stuff like Heliod, God of the Sun and other powerful enchantment creatures as a sort of "two for one" special.

I'd lean into these two approaches, because as a "creature value engine" Commander, a Blink/self-bounce Commander, or a Landfall Commander she's just so much worse than Chulane, Teller of Tales or even Derevi, Empyrial Tactician that I can't fathom using her for those strategies. I guess her one saving grace compared to Chules is the ability to possibly give tokens "draw a card" especially combined with cards like Cream of the Crop or Season of Growth to force the issue. Bant doesn't have a dedicated Tokens Commander, so I could see Amareth here filling that void for now.

Cyberium

Hawk wrote:
3 years ago
I'd lean into these two approaches, because as a "creature value engine" Commander, a Blink/self-bounce Commander, or a Landfall Commander she's just so much worse than Chulane, Teller of Tales or even Derevi, Empyrial Tactician that I can't fathom using her for those strategies. I guess her one saving grace compared to Chules is the ability to possibly give tokens "draw a card" especially combined with cards like Cream of the Crop or Season of Growth to force the issue. Bant doesn't have a dedicated Tokens Commander, so I could see Amareth here filling that void for now.
Amareth is definitely within the colors of quick tokens, with green ramping to backing it up. Congregation at Dawn suddenly net you three cards to hand.

Blinking + token strategy also works by including Inniaz, the Gale Force where you can donate tokens away and blink it back.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”