Stepping Down

Airi
Queen of Salt
Pronoun: she / her

Post by Airi » 3 years ago

It makes me incredibly sad to be in this position, but as of today, I will be stepping down both as an admin and an EDH moderator.

I love this game, and this format dearly, but I can't keep putting so much in when it truly feels like the Rules Committee no longer cares about their community. I'm not in the best place to advocate for our community here if I'm just constantly feeling bitter and disappointed. In addition to that, I've had my own slew of health problems over the past couple years that have had to see me step out for periods of time, and as it's a chronic condition, that will only continue in the future, which makes this as good a time as any to step away.

I've met a lot of great people here, between my time on MTGSalvation, and MTGNexus, and I will continue to pop in as a regular member from time to time. That said, I wish you all the best going forward. :love:

- Airi

toctheyounger
Pronoun: he / him

Post by toctheyounger » 3 years ago

Oh man, this bums me out more than anything WotC has done so far. I hate seeing good folk step away from the community, and you've been a pillar of the community here at Nexus and previously at Salvaton. I can't blame you, this whole thing is pretty disenchanting, but I am saddened.

Leave if you must, but know that it's really sad and you will be missed.
Malazan Decks of the Fallen
| Shadowthrone/Lazav | Raest/Yidris | T'iam / The Ur-Dragon |

cryogen
GΘΔ†

Post by cryogen » 3 years ago

Airi it has been a joy to work alongside you for all these years and I am grateful for everything you did for both Sally and then Nexus. I wish you the best as you focus on your health and you will always have a home and family here. :hug:
Sheldon wrote:You're the reason we can't have nice things.

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 3 years ago

Thanks for everything you've done as both as admin and a mod. I've enjoyed the experience of working with you as a mod

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 3 years ago

You've been a wonderful pillar here, and a strong voice that helped make Nexus happen.
If things get better, I hope you come back.
But you gotta at least stay and hang out with us either way.
<3
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

Diz
Griever

Post by Diz » 3 years ago

Where's the :Patriot: emote when you need it? :p

Thank you for your years of service. You've been a good friend.

Kelzam
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Kelzam » 3 years ago

It's quite unfortunate to see you step down over reasoning that is based on such a falsehood, but I do wish you the best in regards to your health. Thanks for your service to the community.
Level 1 Judge US-South
Founder of MTG Salvation (2005-2019), Proud New Patron of MTG Nexus! (2019+)

My CMDR Primers:

bobthefunny
Resident Plainswalker

Post by bobthefunny » 3 years ago

You've put a lot of yourself into the community here, and going back all the way to Salvation as well. At several points, you practically were the Primer Committee, and held a lot of our community together.

On a more direct note, you're the one that introduced me to Scab-Clan Berserkers, and let me tell you, my playgroup does not thank you for that! :D

I can only hope that things turn around for you in the future, both in terms of your health, but also your faith in the format and the game.

:salute:

Airi
Queen of Salt

Post by Airi » 3 years ago

Kelzam wrote:
3 years ago
It's quite unfortunate to see you step down over reasoning that is based on such a falsehood, but I do wish you the best in regards to your health. Thanks for your service to the community.
I'm sorry you feel it's a falsehood. As it stands, the RC has no desire to be what I essentially would need it to be to keep investing so heavily, and trust me. It's hard for me to be in this position as well, but I think it's both what's best for me, for both my mental and physical health, and for the site (no one needs an admin to just constantly be a downer to the community about the format they're in charge of cultivating here). From my point of view, they don't care in the way that I effectively need them to.
bobthefunny wrote:
3 years ago
On a more direct note, you're the one that introduced me to Scab-Clan Berserkers, and let me tell you, my playgroup does not thank you for that! :D
:love: You know me, I always love hearing the lamentations of my enemies as they realize just how many cards in hand will hurt them.

darrenhabib

Post by darrenhabib » 3 years ago

Take it easy Airi. Just make sure to pop in every so often and not invest your energy on anything negative because over all the community is still good vibes here.

Of course if you wanted to take on the role of admin (or anything else) again that would be a great boon for us, so I'm crossing my fingers you will feel better in the future.

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 3 years ago

Airi,
You are going to make you cry. You were one of the two mods that lead me to apply back on Sally. You will be missed dearly and I still miss our deckbuild disputes. I still think you need more Sands of Time in your decks.
:Salute:
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Sanity_Eclipse

Post by Sanity_Eclipse » 3 years ago

I respect your choices and wish nothing but the best in maintaining and improving your health, Airi!

/salute
More Decks
Show
Hide
- Lyra - Naru Meha - Chandra - Lovisa - Nissa -
- Lavinia X - Yuriko - Jhoira - Saheeli - Glissa - Lathril - Meren - Koma -
- Anafenza - Alela - Sen Triplets - Inalla - Sidisi -
- Breya -

Sinis

Post by Sinis » 3 years ago

Thank you for everything you've done here at Nexus and Salvation. You've been a mod for as long as I've been a part of either community, and I'm sad to see you go. Take care of yourself <3

freelunch

Post by freelunch » 3 years ago

I didn't know you well, but I've lurked enough to have seen you around a lot. Thank you for the time you spent working for the community. o7

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Post by ISBPathfinder » 3 years ago

Take care of yourself Airi. I hope you find some level of relief on your chronic condition. I know it has been something you have been fighting for some time now.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

Dusk
Dimir Mindmage

Post by Dusk » 3 years ago

While I've not been around much the EDH sections of Nexus (mostly lurking when I need get ideas for one of my decks) I have seen you around and appreciated what you've posted. It is sad to see an active admin step down, but you need to look out for yourself and your health. Wishing you all the best.
That shadowy wisp at the edge of your vision, there and gone before you notice.
Formerly Dusk707 on MtGSalvation

SocorroTortoise
Not A Turtle

Post by SocorroTortoise » 3 years ago

Thanks for all you've given to this community over the years. Best of luck with your health and take care of yourself.

:salute:
[Pr]Jaya | Estrid | A rotating cast of decks built out of my box

benjameenbear

Post by benjameenbear » 3 years ago

Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision
That was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence

Hey Airi, sad day and super sad panda face from this guy. I remember the trepidation I felt as a newcomer to the MTGSalvation crew as a Commander mod/Committee member and I felt comfortable in participating in large part to the inclusive attitude and wit you expressed. Knowing a bit about your history and health concerns, I truly wish you the best. You have been a great example of moderation, fairness, and kindness and you will be missed.

Long live your Naya-ness and let all fear the Gruul mage who has stepped down!

Dimir is still the best.

plushpenguin

Post by plushpenguin » 3 years ago

Your accomplishments will be honored for as long as this place remains.

Thank you for everything.

Legend
Aethernaut

Post by Legend » 3 years ago

You were a moderator? ;)
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

vandertroll
The Pontiac Bandit

Post by vandertroll » 3 years ago

Your Marath deck was probably the first legit EDH tweak I've done @Airi and the reason to get hooked up in Sally . Thanks for all the effort you've put in community building and I truly hope your health gets better! Take care!
Ertai, Wizard Adept counts as a Wizard.

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy
Answers: 1

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 3 years ago

Thanks for all the effort, past and present. I love this new home you helped build for all of us and I promise I'll mind my tone better now that there's one fewer mod to prosecute my infractions.

Be well and I hope you feel better than James Brown.
Last edited by TheAmericanSpirit 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
There's no biscuits and gravy in New Zealand.
(Except when DirkGently makes them!)

3drinks
Kaalia's Personal Liaison

Post by 3drinks » 3 years ago

I never really interacted much or at all to know you as a person, your decks, or honestly, your contributions and just how much you've done under the hood. Still, to lose someone as paramount to the admin team as yourself is truly a blow to the ship, but one that surely will be recovered from. I don't think it needs to be said to take care of yourself, at least I'd hope not - the number one rule of anything on the internet is that real life always comes first. Full stop.

I'm glad you're placing your real life first.

Modern
R{R/W} 87guide Burn
Commander
WRKellan, the Fae-Blooded // Birthright Boon (local secret santa gift)
RTorbran, Thane of Red Fell (Red Deck Wins)
WBRAlesha, Who Smiles at Death (Slivers)
WBRKaalia HQ

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”