[SCD]Spirit of Resistance

Hermes_
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Hermes_ » 3 years ago

So,another find via pintrest. I can see this being part of some sort of prevent all damage forever wall thing, as a way to live till you combo off.
Attachments
Image (3).jpg
The Secret of Commander (EDH)
Sheldon-"The secret of this format is in not breaking it. "

Serenade
UnderKing

Post by Serenade » 3 years ago

Spirit of Resistance (Remember to link cards!)

Last weekend I reviewed Invasion to see what old cards might have some home in a weird, random deck (Mana Maze! Do or Die!). This card was not on my short list. You paint a monstrous target on you that tells people to snipe your stuff or wrath now, and there's probably a faster/easier protection you can find to preserve your combo.

At best you have one other card + this to enable this, then you have to do your combo.

It is inexpensive, though.
Mirri, Cat Warrior counts as a Cat Warrior.

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy
Answers: 1

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 3 years ago

For the same cost, you can get shroud and a madness enabler via Solitary Confinement. Discarding one card per turn seems a lot easier to maintain and quicker to achieve than this card's Happily Ever After-esque requirements.
There's no biscuits and gravy in New Zealand.
(Except when DirkGently makes them!)

FetalTadpole

Post by FetalTadpole » 3 years ago

I run this in my Reaper King and love it. It's surprisingly easy to get a permanent of each color, especially when your commander is all five.

umtiger
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by umtiger » 3 years ago

Hermes_ wrote:
3 years ago
So,another find via pintrest. I can see this being part of some sort of prevent all damage forever wall thing, as a way to live till you combo off.
It might sound strange to say, but I think that aiming to prevent attacks is more effective damage prevention than aiming to prevent damage- at least in permanents.

Fogs prevent a whole bunch of damage (Teferi's Response, Constant Mists, etc.). However, I think the Propaganda enchantments (Sphere of Safety, etc.) will help more than Spirit of Resistance because there are not requirements to maintain and attacks represent a huge majority of all damage that goes on in a game.

Dunharrow

Post by Dunharrow » 3 years ago

My Maelstrom Wanderer still plays Malignus to get around fogs and these effects. My go-to Tooth and Nail targets are Malignus and Pathbreaker Ibex.
The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme

onering
Answers: 1

Post by onering » 3 years ago

Its fine. Its nice with 5 color commanders, does something strong but not broken, it can be interacted with reasonably easily, but even still does enough to have an effect on the game. It could paint a target on you, but not definitely. Its as likely to just deter attacks as opponents just wait to deal with it, not wanting to waste resources on it early when they still have the rest of the table to take care of. It is, after all, a defensive card, so you can afford to see if someone else will handle it so you don't have to be the one to expend the resources.

Sinis

Post by Sinis » 3 years ago

Nothing can save you from Questing Beast.

I kid, it's a fine card, but the requirements are a tall order. As TheAmericanSpirit pointed out, you're a stone's throw from winning the game with Happily Ever After, instead of just maybe not losing.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”