Crazy Monkey
Arcane Themes
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Crazy Monkey » 3 years ago

WizardMN wrote:
3 years ago
DirkGently wrote:
3 years ago
So here's a weird interaction: if your commander is Skullbriar, the Walking Grave and you have Reyhan, Last of the Abzan on the battlefield, if skully dies and you send him to the CZ, you get 2x as many counters to throw around, right?
Crazy Monkey wrote:
3 years ago
I believe that would behave like The Ozolith and you would get both. With both in play, I believe that the end result would be counters on The Ozolith and another creature from Reyhan, Last of the Abzan. I believe that the Skullbriar, the Walking Grave player in my group runs both of these now.
No. Reyhan only cares about a creature dying or going to the command zone from the battlefield. Going to the command zone from the graveyard won't do anything.
I may have misunderstood the use of "2x as many counters", but I read it as keeping the counters while also triggering Reyhan.

I think that we're both saying that Skullbriar would retain all of X counters while Reyhan would also distribute X counters from the dies trigger.

EDIT: I didn't see the potential (mis)understanding that Reyhan was triggering on the state-based move to command zone. I likely misunderstood the initial question. My bad.
Last edited by Crazy Monkey 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Commander Decks

Kemba | Kytheon | Talrand | Unesh | Teferi | Geth | primer Zada | Krenko | Torbran | Patron Orochi | Ghalta | Gargos | Medomai | The Count | Xenagos | Nikya | Jaheira, Artisan | Trostani | Athreos | Jarad | Ivy | Nin | Krark & Sakashima | Feather | Osgir | Gisela | Roon | Chulane | Sydri | Ertai | Mairsil | Vial & Malcolm | Prossh | Marath | Marisi | Syr Gwyn | Riku | Riku | Animar | Ghave | Tasigur | Muldrotha | Rayami | Zedruu | Yidris | Kynaios & Tiro | Saskia | Tymna & Kydele | Atraxa | Akiri & Silas | Sisay | Ur Dragon | Bridge | Horde | Najeela | Genju | Traxos

WizardMN
Answers: 125

Post by WizardMN » 3 years ago

Ah, I read it differently. In that case, yes, Reyhan will trigger *and* Skullbriar retains his own counters. It looks like together we answered both possible scenarios for anyone else that might come across the situation.

DirkGently
My wins are unconditional

Post by DirkGently » 3 years ago

WizardMN wrote:
3 years ago
No. Reyhan only cares about a creature dying or going to the command zone from the battlefield. Going to the command zone from the graveyard won't do anything.
Ah, it took me a minute to figure out why: she says "creature you control" and when skullbriar is in the grave (and about to move to the CZ) he's no longer a "creature you control" but a "creature card in your graveyard". So Reyhan is no longer watching for a zone change.

EDIT: trying to figure out who benefits the most from this change, and I think my vote is Glissa, the Traitor. Might have to rebuild that deck sometime.
Perm Decks
Phelddagrif - Kaervek - Golos - Zirilan

Flux Decks
Gollum - Lobelia - Minthara - Plargg2 - Solphim - Otharri - Graaz - Ratchet - Soundwave - Slicer - Gale - Rootha - Kagemaro - Blorpityblorpboop - Kayla - SliverQueen - Ivy - Falco - Gluntch - Charlatan/Wilson - Garth - Kros - Anthousa - Shigeki - Light-Paws - Lukka - Sefris - Ebondeath - Rokiric - Garth - Nixilis - Grist - Mavinda - Kumano - Nezahal - Mavinda - Plargg - Plargg - Extus - Plargg - Oracle - Kardur - Halvar - Tergrid - Egon - Cosima - Halana+Livio - Jeska+Falthis+Obosh - Yeva - Akiri+Zirda - Lady Sun - Nahiri - Korlash - Overlord+Zirda - Chisei - Athreos2 - Akim - Cazur+Ukkima - Otrimi - Otrimi - Kalamax - Ayli+Lurrus - Clamilton - Gonti - Heliod2 - Ayula - Thassa2 - Gallia - Purphoros2 - Rankle - Uro - Rayami - Gargos - Thrasios+Bruse - Pang - Sasaya - Wydwen - Feather - Rona - Toshiro - Sylvia+Khorvath - Geth - QMarchesa - Firesong - Athreos - Arixmethes - Isperia - Etali - Silas+Sidar - Saskia - Virtus+Gorm - Kynaios - Naban - Aryel - Mizzix - Kazuul - Tymna+Kraum - Sidar+Tymna - Ayli - Gwendlyn - Phelddagrif - Liliana - Kaervek - Phelddagrif - Mairsil - Scarab - Child - Phenax - Shirei - Thada - Depala - Circu - Kytheon - GrenzoHR - Phelddagrif - Reyhan+Kraum - Toshiro - Varolz - Nin - Ojutai - Tasigur - Zedruu - Uril - Edric - Wort - Zurgo - Nahiri - Grenzo - Kozilek - Yisan - Ink-Treader - Yisan - Brago - Sidisi - Toshiro - Alexi - Sygg - Brimaz - Sek'Kuar - Marchesa - Vish Kal - Iroas - Phelddagrif - Ephara - Derevi - Glissa - Wanderer - Saffi - Melek - Xiahou Dun - Lazav - Lin Sivvi - Zirilan - Glissa - Ashling1 - Angus - Arcum - Talrand - Chainer - Higure - Kumano - Scion - Teferi1 - Uyo - Sisters
PDH - Drake - Graverobber - Izzet GM - Tallowisp - Symbiote
Brawl - Feather - Ugin - Jace - Scarab - Angrath - Vraska - Kumena
Oathbreaker - Wrenn&6

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”