Favourite Zirda Tech?

Mimicvat
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Mimicvat » 3 years ago

Zirda, the Dawnwaker

I'm am completely convinced that this is the best boros general ever printed - probably not the only one to think that either. For me, more than it's shenanigans its because of cards like Arcane Encyclopedia - giving Boros access to affordable card draw tops anything else as it helps fix such a gaping hole in the colours.

It also works well with artifacts in general, and with cards like Mobilization to make absurdly cheap tokens for either pumping or clamping. And it makes some of my favourite cards of all time work extremely effectively - seems I'm just a sucker for activated abilities.

I'm wondering, what is this communities favourite cards to run with Zirda? I've gone deep on scryfall finding a ton of things, but theres always some angle thats been overlooked!

Just an fyi, I know about the monolith infinite mana combos, they're just not my jam. I like infinites that have more moving parts than that and those are more suited to my playgroups
Currently building: ww Bruna, the Fading Light (card advantage tribal / reanimator)
Main decks;
r Neheb, Big Red Champion g Yeva's Mono Green Control, b Ayara's Aristocrats rb Greven, Predator Captain the One Punch Man, ugw Derevri, Empirical Tactician Aggro,rwbu Tymna & Kraum's Saboteurs, wbg Kondo & Tymna's Hatebears wugTuvasa's Silver Bullets, urBrudiclad does Brudiclad thingsgubSidisi, Brood Tyrant (lantern control)

Toshi
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Post by Toshi » 3 years ago

Off the top of my head i'd say Eldrazi Displacer gets even more absurd with Zirda.

Dragoon
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Dragoon » 3 years ago

It affects all cards so cycling can be considered, as well as lands such as Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion and Bonders' Enclave.

darrenhabib

Post by darrenhabib » 3 years ago

Mimicvat wrote:
3 years ago
I'm am completely convinced that this is the best boros general ever printed - probably not the only one to think that either.
"KAW KAW" Feather begs to disagree.

I've been playing Zirda as a companion for cEDH.

As far as more cool things you could do that are less spikey (non-infinite);
Mastery of the Unseen - Manifest is surprisingly powerful.
Dawn of Hope probably no secret for Zirda players, but one of whites few ways of card draw.
Echoes of the Kin Tree adding permanent +1/+1 counters will actually be really difficult to deal with quite quickly for your opponents.

Serenade
UnderKing

Post by Serenade » 3 years ago

Drownyard Temple with
Greater Gargadon
Goblin Trenches
Zuran Orb

Gemstone Array
Captivating Crew
Mirri, Cat Warrior counts as a Cat Warrior.

Sinis

Post by Sinis » 3 years ago

I'd mostly want to play Zirda as a companion, because the requirement (while not trivial) is not especially difficult, and realistically if you have Zirda, you're going to want to lean into it anyway.

Zacama, Primal Calamity seems okay
Kenrith, the Returned King has a lot of activated abilities.
Heliod, God of the Sun can make tokens at a decent rate.
Purphoros, God of the Forge's buff rate becomes much better
Burnished Hart is actually an Explosive Vegetation analogue if you have Zirda out

Mostly I like how it just adds a little grease to the wheels of a huge variety of abilities. Anything with Monstrosity, Equip, and many abilities that make a token get much easier, and it's usually enough to really make it fire more/better.

Outcryqq

Post by Outcryqq » 3 years ago

I'm using him in the 99 instead of as a commander, so my tech with him is outside of your colors for the most part. The only cards that I'm using that would fit into your deck and have not already been mentioned are Burnished Hart and Mageta the Lion, though the latter kills your Zirda.

Serenade
UnderKing

Post by Serenade » 3 years ago

Luckily Z makes your Darksteel Plate cheaper to equip!
Mirri, Cat Warrior counts as a Cat Warrior.

BeneTleilax

Post by BeneTleilax » 3 years ago

aladins lamp

3drinks
Kaalia's Personal Liaison

Post by 3drinks » 3 years ago

Modern
R{R/W} 87guide Burn
Commander
WRKellan, the Fae-Blooded // Birthright Boon (local secret santa gift)
RTorbran, Thane of Red Fell (Red Deck Wins)
WBRAlesha, Who Smiles at Death (Slivers)
WBRKaalia HQ

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”