RC Patreon, Twitch, and Discord Now Live

Sheldon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Sheldon » 3 years ago

Hello everyone. We've reached Affiliate on the Commander RC Twitch channel, which means we've opened up the RC Patreon page and Discord server. Here are the links:

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/CommanderRC

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/subs/commanderrc

Discord: https://discord.gg/x5Q5PVg

The RC is dedicated to serving the Commander community. To that end, after our expenses (for such things as standing up and maintaining the website and increasing our community outreach), we will return everything that we raise to the community in one fashion or another--often directly funding Commander content creators, to include cosplayers, authors, and video producers. We look forward to finding creative ways in helping the Commander community be the best that it can be. On behalf of the rest of the RC, thanks for your continued support.

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy
Answers: 1

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 3 years ago

Cool. Thanks for the heads up, always a pleasure to have you.
There's no biscuits and gravy in New Zealand.
(Except when DirkGently makes them!)

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by RxPhantom » 3 years ago

Do you have any concrete examples of what or whom will be supported by these funds?
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 2/18/22 (Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty)

Sheldon

RxPhantom wrote:
3 years ago
Do you have any concrete examples of what or whom will be supported by these funds?
Sure. We've already given to a number of cosplayers. We sponsored Tappy Toe Claws and Christine Sprankle to Magic Fest Reno right before things shut down. We're patrons of Sector Six Support, who helps more Magic content creators than it seems one person has time to. There's also the cost to stand up and maintain the website, and the effort that goes into providing features like https://mtgcommander.net/index.php/new-voices/, in which we cultivate unpublished authors.

Treamayne

Post by Treamayne » 3 years ago

Is there a single/annual "membership" or only the monthly Patreon thing? Is there a method other than Patreon to donate?
V/R

Treamayne

Sheldon

Subscription to the Twitch channel, but I guess that's also only monthly, like the Patreon. If you'd like to simply donate directly, you can use PayPal to museoffirellc@gmail.com. I suppose we could also set up a VenMo account or something as well.

Treamayne

Sheldon wrote:
3 years ago
Subscription to the Twitch channel, but I guess that's also only monthly, like the Patreon. If you'd like to simply donate directly, you can use PayPal to museoffirellc@gmail.com. I suppose we could also set up a VenMo account or something as well.
I try to limit how many/which sites have regular access/store to my financial data. I'm fine with things like Kickstarter where I can tell it not to store, and enter my info for each transaction. I'm less fine when a site wants to "recurring charge" (and therefore store and use) my data repeatedly (and I don't know how they secure their systems and my data). Too many hacks and stolen credentials. Just not very comfortable with subscription billing as a format (unless I can pay annually on individual transactions, rather than store data and "auto-pay").
V/R

Treamayne

Sheldon

Also, to be clear, the general Discord channel is free and open to anyone.

Treamayne

Sheldon wrote:
3 years ago
Sent via Paypal, with note. Have you considered adding to the FAQ a "How do I donate to support the RC/CAG's efforts?" type question with links?
V/R

Treamayne

Sheldon

Ooh, great idea, thanks!

cryogen
GΘΔ†

Post by cryogen » 3 years ago

Pinning this thread for a few days to help it get some added visability.
Sheldon wrote:You're the reason we can't have nice things.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”