Artifact Synergy and Combos in Grixis

kraus911
Pronoun: he / him

Post by kraus911 » 4 years ago

Ludevic, Necro-Alchemist and Silas Renn, Seeker Adept are the partner generals for an artifact shenanigan deck I'm working on. This is out of my wheelhouse so looking for some fun ideas of synergies/engines to put in it.

I do plan on being able to loop Time Sieve and Thopter Assembly. Also want some way continually recur Perilous Myr. Maybe some modular fun (in which case Marchesa 1 might be a better general).

Any thoughts?

cheonice
Sand is overpowered.

Post by cheonice » 4 years ago

Ha! I just came up with a list, that is really just a work in progress atm. My deck uses some kind of graveyard shenanigans including Emry, Lurker of the Loch, Feldon of the Third Path, Scrap Trawler and Krark-Clan Ironworks.

Unfortunately, Silas is not the strongest creature, so he needs some help: Skeleton Key, Mask of Riddles, Trailblazer's Boots and maybe some Swords could do some work.

Black does not offer a lot of cards to our strategy, but alas. Baleful Strix, Cranial Plating, Disciple of the Vault and Time Sieve are the strongest additions.

Decklist

Enchantments

Approximate Total Cost:

kraus911

Post by kraus911 » 3 years ago

Nice list, thanks for sharing. Curious about Blackblade Reforged , was that just a random addition or do you find it works well with the generals? I like your suggestions for evasion for Silas as they're useful in general in the deck too.

cheonice
Sand is overpowered.

Post by cheonice » 3 years ago

Sure! I just finished writing some notes about the deck: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=25284

Blackblade Reforged was a gift from a friend, so I had to find some space somewhere. It could be replaced easily. On the other hand this is the only card that allows going voltron.

pokken
Answers: 2

Post by pokken » 3 years ago

I don't see how you could do this and not do Goblin Engineer - easily one of my favorite new cards.

cheonice
Sand is overpowered.

Post by cheonice » 3 years ago

pokken wrote:
3 years ago
I don't see how you could do this and not do Goblin Engineer - easily one of my favorite new cards.
Oh, didn't know, this was a dollar rare! Yeps, that's an easy inclusion.

Dunharrow

Post by Dunharrow » 3 years ago

Mimic Vat to loop Perilous Myr?
Or Goblin Welder, Feldon of the Third Path... All of these like Wurmcoil Engine better though.
The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme

Sinis
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Sinis » 3 years ago

I played a Treasure-oriented Nicol Bolas deck for a few months, and I can say I'm not sure black added much. Revel in Riches and Marionette Master were the only memorable cards from it.

Perilous Myr can be made 0 mana and 0/0 by Heartless Summoning, but you'd still need a way to get it back to your hand or cast it from your graveyard.

toctheyounger

Post by toctheyounger » 3 years ago

Black is a little scant in terms of artifact synergy, but there are some neat options in Izzet. Jhoira, Weatherlight Captain has been excellent in my Grixis build, which does a fair bit of artifact work. Storm the Vault // Vault of Catlacan is worth a good look, and Tezzeret, Master of the Bridge is really excellent too.

The one rock I've found really good in my build is Honor-Worn Shaku. It works for me on account of a high density of legendaries and walkers, there's turn it can pump out a good 7-8 mana easy. May or may not be as good here, but it's worth mentioning as a hidden gem that does a lot. Crystalline Crawler is oft overlooked too.
Malazan Decks of the Fallen
| Shadowthrone/Lazav | Raest/Yidris | T'iam / The Ur-Dragon |

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”