Group Think : Zaxara, the Exemplary

pokken
Answers: 2
Pronoun: he / him

Post by pokken » 3 years ago

Soul Diviner seems good in here. Especially if we get some untappy theme stuff.

Cjsaul0309
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Cjsaul0309 » 3 years ago

Kiora, behemoth beckoner seems good, not only available to untap whichever permanent you need I.e. Zaxara or a gyre sage but also a good way to draw cards as whenever your casting something with x greater than 4 your making a hydra that's a 4/4 which will give you a card, even better if it's a creature you've cast for x 4 or more as you'll be drawing 2 cards and a hydra in addition to the creature and it's own effects

Mookie
Answers: 48

Post by Mookie » 3 years ago

Our beefy hydras should die for the Greater Good.

Treamayne

Post by Treamayne » 3 years ago

I know we don't really have an Equipment thing going, but if we are playing with counters and proliferate, it seems Umezawa's Jitte might be a decent, versatile include.
V/R

Treamayne

Stapler
is a liar

Post by Stapler » 3 years ago

Nissa, Steward of Elements is one of the few X spells that is acceptable to cast early (i.e. X=1) while still being a decent mana sink in the late game.
"Image"

BeneTleilax

Post by BeneTleilax » 3 years ago

exanguinate.

darrenhabib

Post by darrenhabib » 3 years ago

Now accepting nominations for: Instant or Sorcery

Alright we got Creatures=34, Non-creature permanents=17, Instant+Sorcery=3

Aiming for around 37 lands, so that leaves 8 more slots for Instants or Sorcery.

KMA_Again

Post by KMA_Again » 3 years ago

Dread Summons, an X spell to also set up some recursion if people want to squeeze some in.

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 3 years ago

Scale Up.
I was actually going to suggest Biomass Mutation, but then I double checked and saw someone else added it to the pool.
Scale Up is a decent second. We have a few 4/4s, but most of our creatures are tiny or have a 0/0 base (including the tokens Zaxara makes).
It's not an X spell, but it can easily be a double Overrun that ends the game.
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

darrenhabib

Good good, the finishing line is getting close.
Some instant speed interaction would be nice, so Pull from Tomorrow is going to allow creating a token Hydra at instant speed to perhaps block.

pokken

spell burst for some instant speed hydras with buyback countermagic.

Mookie

Villainous Wealth already being claimed makes me sad.

I'll settle for an Animist's Awakening.

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 3 years ago

Dominate.
Instant speed permanent creature stealing, and you can overpay for a bigger token.
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

darrenhabib

Currently there is no enchantment or artifact removal. It would be nice to have at least one or two silver bullets in case run into something that hoses the strategy or wins the opponents the game.

Sinis

Post by Sinis » 3 years ago

darrenhabib wrote:
3 years ago
Currently there is no enchantment or artifact removal. It would be nice to have at least one or two silver bullets in case run into something that hoses the strategy or wins the opponents the game.
Beast Within captures every permanent! Let's include it.

Mookie

darrenhabib wrote:
3 years ago
Fair enough. Sadly, no more creature slots for Steelbane Hydra. I'll toss Pir's Whim into the pile, in case we happen to have any fun utility lands to fetch.

darrenhabib

Mookie wrote:
3 years ago
darrenhabib wrote:
3 years ago
Fair enough. Sadly, no more creature slots for Steelbane Hydra. I'll toss Pir's Whim into the pile, in case we happen to have any fun utility lands to fetch.
Oh actually Steelbane is in the list, I just don't know all the cards that well.

darrenhabib

Now accepting nominations for: Non-basic Lands

Currently there are 66 non-land cards total, which means that there is only room for 34 lands. I think 37 lands is probably correct as there is no fast early mana, like Sol Ring, so land drops are essential for this mana hungry deck.
So will need to cut 3 cards in the end.

As far as the land base, I won't ask people to go through the motions of naming each good color fixing land for Sultai, so this is more about if you feel there is a utility land that suites the current deck.

This is the current color ratios:
Green 56%
Blue 25%
Black 18%

There are a lot of double and triple pips, but Zaxara, the Exemplary ability to add two mana of any color does mean that he can fix colors pretty nicely for you.

This is the land base I've picked out. That's 31 lands so far and we want 37, leaving 6 lands for suggestions.

Land Base
Approximate Total Cost:

Last edited by darrenhabib 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

KMA_Again

Post by KMA_Again » 3 years ago

Karn's Bastion might as well get the obvious out of the way since we got the prolif theme.

pokken

With our creature count and token stuff, Gaea's Cradle is the obvious one.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”