How many cards per game does your commander represent?

Inkeyes22
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Inkeyes22 » 4 years ago

So I have definitely been thinking about this topic for a while... Most of my commanders are chosen for other reasons, but they all generate significant value which could be turned into cards I guess. The only one that I don't think really does so is Dakkon Blackblade, he is literally just a beatstick.

Artaud

Post by Artaud » 4 years ago

I wonder how to evaluate Azusa in this context? She doesn't generate card advantage of any sort and in fact she empties hand very fast (assuming it's full of lands) but - on the other hand - allows for casting expensive stuff which makes board presence and/or nets more cards. There are times I sit with near-to-empty hand waiting for plots to unfold and there are other I wish I had two more Azusas to play all the lands I drew when engines start working.

pokken
Answers: 2

Post by pokken » 4 years ago

Artaud wrote:
4 years ago
I wonder how to evaluate Azusa in this context? She doesn't generate card advantage of any sort and in fact she empties hand very fast (assuming it's full of lands) but - on the other hand - allows for casting expensive stuff which makes board presence and/or nets more cards. There are times I sit with near-to-empty hand waiting for plots to unfold and there are other I wish I had two more Azusas to play all the lands I drew when engines start working.
One way would be to compare her to Summer Bloom - for every 3 additional lands you play add a card.

I think it's best to find some kind of reasonable shorthand and just estimate, personally, but I'm more comfortable with uncertainty than most :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”