Edh - The horde for 1 player

Magiqmaster
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Magiqmaster » 4 years ago

Hi all,

Due to the confinement we are all experimenting, I am trying to kill time and, most of all, play some edh Magic. I am trying to build a Horde deck for this sole purpose and I am wondering if anyone has a decklist to share? So far, what I found is mostly geared for multiplayer...

I also would like to know how to adjust the Horde deck for a single player. So, how many cards / tokens are ideal? Same goes for starting life of the survivor (me)! I want something competitive, but not totally busted for the Horde.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!

Post by RxPhantom » 4 years ago

I have one, but I'm realizing now that I don't have a list posted anywhere. I'll have to work on that.

There's also this (unfortunately dormant) thread.

Anyway, I really love my Horde deck. It's been a blast tuning it, as it's tough find a balance so it's not oppressive nor weak.
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 2/18/22 (Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty)

FoxOfWar
Pronoun: she / her

Post by FoxOfWar » 4 years ago

'Tis an actually an idea to ponder, should I run out of deck-tuning to do. Guess I'll have to see how long it takes before one can head to the LGS again.
36 decks or so...
Show
Hide
Hope of Ghirapur Swordpile - Ghosty Blinky Anafenza - Nezahal - Big, Blue and HERE! - Gonti Can Afford It - Kazuul, Tyrant of Chandras - Polukranos, More Mana - Azor Takes Flight - A3OS System - Vona Life Pain - Angel With a Whip and Her Pet Fox - Tolsimir Wolf Crusade - Dragonlord Steal & Copy - Arjun, the Mad Flame - Tatyova's Mad Lands - Zegana's Simic - Chainer Does the Value Dance - Polukranos, Unchained - Running Thromok - Sydri's Loco-Inspiraion - Zedruu the Furyhearted - Estrid Land Animation - A Case of Tariel's Persistent F*ckery - Tail of the AristoCat Humanitarian - Karador, Tomb Operator - Tayam Re-Curses - Jeleva... does... things - Sidisi, Death is Served - Omnath, Blink and You're Missing - The Negatiweaver - Breya, Eggs, Breya'd Eggs - Ishai and Reyhan Dicepile - Kynaios and Tiro Landfall Impersonations - Tana and Ravos' Regal Gatekeeping - Yidris of the Chi-Ting Corporation - General Tazri's Utterly Amazing Allies

cryogen
GΘΔ†
Pronoun: he / him

Post by cryogen » 4 years ago

I have one in my signature. It hasn't been dusted off in a few years but it's a good reference thread for a starting place.

Edit: viewtopic.php?f=37&p=3357
Sheldon wrote:You're the reason we can't have nice things.

Magiqmaster

Post by Magiqmaster » 4 years ago

Thanks for the info, I will look into it. One question though: since we have a starting life of 40 in edh, in a single player Horde game, do I keep this life total, or what? How many total cards will be in the Horde pile?

Cheers

cryogen
GΘΔ†
Pronoun: he / him

Post by cryogen » 4 years ago

Magiqmaster wrote:
4 years ago
Thanks for the info, I will look into it. One question though: since we have a starting life of 40 in edh, in a single player Horde game, do I keep this life total, or what? How many total cards will be in the Horde pile?

Cheers
It will depend on your power level and overall deck size. For one player I'd start around the 75 card range and adjust from there.
Sheldon wrote:You're the reason we can't have nice things.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”