Flash (but not cEDH)

Sinis
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Sinis » 4 years ago

I'd like to talk about Flash, but in a closer to 75% way, rather than a cEDH way.
What this thread isn't
Show
Hide
I definitely don't want to talk about cEDH. I think that one's pretty much solved. I specifically want to avoid talking about Protean Hulk lines, Academy Rector, or Arena Rector, or balance issues; there are plenty of other threads for it. Maybe Rectors; but definitely not hulk.
I'm currently playing Flash in my my Rashmi, Eternities Crafter deck. Most of the creatures aren't worth abusing Flash with (though, I like to just put creatures into play at instant speed). My list of critters that are decent with it are as follows:

Diluvian Primordial
Keiga, the Tide Star
Cavalier of Thorns
Cavalier of Gales

Sometimes in a pinch, I'll use it as an awful Naturalize+ with Acidic Slime, but most of my creatures aren't very synergistic with it. Since I'm not tutoring Flash and it's not my primary win condition, I have a few questions for you all: How many creatures would you run that would be mildy abusive with Flash, and which creatures are they? Don't feel the need to limit to Simic, but Simic critters would help me out some.

Tags:

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!

Post by RxPhantom » 4 years ago

I run it in my Lord of Tresserhorn deck, and it's my favorite card in the whole deck. The deck is built around abusing death triggers. You've already mentioned Keiga. As far as Simic compatibility, I also useAura Thief, but most of the others are black with a few red ones. I've also used it once with Solemn Simulacrum out of desperation.
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 2/18/22 (Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty)

Treamayne

Post by Treamayne » 4 years ago

Sinis wrote:
4 years ago
I have a few questions for you all: How many creatures would you run that would be mildy abusive with Flash, and which creatures are they?
I don't really plan my creatures around flash, Flash makes the cut for decks where there are a reasonable number of possible interactions. For example, Flash is in my Toothy Illusion Tribal. It is there, primarily, as a combat trick. It made the cut because it has some decent interactions with ETB/Dies triggers as well as some good blockers that are better when not forecasted.

There are a couple of creatures in the deck that might be defined as "abusive" with Flash (Palinchron, Aura Thief, Jace's Mindseeker, Aetherplasm ) but they were in the deck before Flash was added. Other synergistic creatures good for flashing include:
Lord of the Unreal
Chameleon Spirit
Phantasmal Image
Spark Double
Adarkar Windform
Illusory Ambusher
Mesmerizing Benthid
Riftwing Cloudskate

So, I guess the answers to your questions are that I run at least 25 creatures total, and at least 10 should have some synergy with Flash (even if it is only ETB or Death triggers).
V/R

Treamayne

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”