Post by 3drinks » 4 years ago

3drinks wrote:
4 years ago
Competitive-ish
Typical Game Length: 1-2 hours
MLD? I can.
Combo? Deck dependent.
Win methods: Deck dependent.
Times: Pacific-Standard. Graveyard schedule so don't expect to see me in the afternoon or past 930am. Just contact me here to check availability.
Setup: Magic Online only, plus Discord for chat. No cam. Currently only deck is an Experiment Kraj for 35tix, can build more to a pinpoint budget, with enough notice.
I guess I should define competitive-ish. I'm not casting hermit druid or flash, but I'm also not jamming t6 colossal dreadmaw (long may he reign) either. I'd guess I'm somewhere between 74% & 86% what with these being three card interactions but being highly synergistic reasonably interchangeable.

I really need to port the Swolverine over. Give me my colourless deck at least on a platform...

Modern
R{R/W} 87guide Burn
Commander
WRKellan, the Fae-Blooded // Birthright Boon (local secret santa gift)
RTorbran, Thane of Red Fell (Red Deck Wins)
WBRAlesha, Who Smiles at Death (Slivers)
WBRKaalia HQ

cryogen
GΘΔ†
Pronoun: he / him

Post by cryogen » 4 years ago

@3drinks a what?
Sheldon wrote:You're the reason we can't have nice things.

3drinks
Kaalia's Personal Liaison

cryogen wrote:
4 years ago
3drinks a what?
It was reference to my Traxos, dubbed "The Swolverine" from former iMPACT Wrestling World Champion Brian Cage. A subtle nod. The deck has been inactive for over a year, and it'd be nice to see that come back. At least in a more cost effective manner virtually, than buying those paper cards again.

Modern
R{R/W} 87guide Burn
Commander
WBRKaalia HQ

cryogen
GΘΔ†

3drinks wrote:
4 years ago
cryogen wrote:
4 years ago
3drinks a what?
It was reference to my Traxos, dubbed "The Swolverine" from former iMPACT Wrestling World Champion Brian Cage. A subtle nod. The deck has been inactive for over a year, and it'd be nice to see that come back. At least in a more cost effective manner virtually, than buying those paper cards again.
I'm sorry, I meant the deprioritization issue.

3drinks

cryogen wrote:
4 years ago
3drinks wrote:
4 years ago
cryogen wrote:
4 years ago
3drinks a what?
Deprioritization - it's when ISPs begin to background throttle high bandwidth consumers, and it's been especially prevalent of an issue in the midst of this covid-19 nonsense. They don't outright cut your service (because that would be illegal), but they "move you down the queue", so to speak.

Modern
R{R/W} 87guide Burn
Commander
WBRKaalia HQ

cryogen
GΘΔ†

3drinks wrote:
4 years ago
cryogen wrote:
4 years ago
3drinks wrote:
4 years ago

Deprioritization - it's when ISPs begin to background throttle high bandwidth consumers, and it's been especially prevalent of an issue in the midst of this covid-19 nonsense. They don't outright cut your service (because that would be illegal), but they "move you down the queue", so to speak.
Ah. Yeah, minor concern as well. Fingers crossed for tonight.

Sinis
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Sinis » 4 years ago

Chiming in!

Casual
Typical Game Length:
IME it takes one and half hours to play a game via cockatrice.
MLD? No.
Combo? If it's 4 pieces or more and you're not doing it before turn 6.
Win methods: Almost always combat, though, other damage-exceptions exist (like setting a player to 10 with OG Sorin, or Scarab God pings)

Timezone: EST (GMT -5 w/ dst)
Time Preference: Weekend evenings

Setup: Cockatrice & Discord.

rogerandover

Post by rogerandover » 4 years ago

Great idea, @bobthefunny.

I play on Cockatrice, at GMT +2.

I have decks for most playstyles, though I dislike cEDH. Hit me up, username is the same as here.

bobthefunny
Resident Plainswalker

Post by bobthefunny » 4 years ago

SPOILER
Show
Hide
Maluko wrote:
4 years ago
bobthefunny what's your name on Cockatrice? Mine is Maluko :) I'm usually there every night around 21:30 (Western European Time (WET)) hosting games. You can also search me by name. Unfortunately I can't use Discord :\
Mimicvat wrote:
4 years ago

I'm not sure how other people do cockatrice, but my group ignores the phases and stuff on the left side and pretty much uses it as a virtual table
I'm a bit of a control freak over trying to keep the game well organized. I've played in Cockatrice for far too long to know how easily things are either mistracked or miscommunicated. Some examples are weather Gods are creatures or not, how many counters creatures actually have (because some players insist in just changing their P/T), and changing control of things. If your group can play well without using phases (especially if you use Discord), that's fine. But when playing with strangers, I advice everyone to use phases.
Sinis wrote:
4 years ago
Chiming in!

Casual
Typical Game Length:
IME it takes one and half hours to play a game via cockatrice.
MLD? No.
Combo? If it's 4 pieces or more and you're not doing it before turn 6.
Win methods: Almost always combat, though, other damage-exceptions exist (like setting a player to 10 with OG Sorin, or Scarab God pings)

Timezone: EST (GMT -5 w/ dst)
Time Preference: Weekend evenings

Setup: Cockatrice & Discord.
rogerandover wrote:
4 years ago
Great idea, bobthefunny.

I play on Cockatrice, at GMT +2.

I have decks for most playstyles, though I dislike cEDH. Hit me up, username is the same as here.
bobthefunny GMT -4 (EDT) | Cockatrice: bobthefunny | Discord: bobthefunny#1911
@Sinis GMT -4 (EDT)
@materpillar GMT -4 (EDT)
@Dragonlover GMT
@Maluko GMT +1 | Cockatrice: Maluko
@rogerandover GMT +2

Awesome, looks like we have 6 potentials for Cockatrice/Discord, which means hopefully 4 of us can align some time, or even have spectators and cycle through some players. Considering the Timezone differences, I think a weekend would work best, that way us East Coast people can jump on a bit earlier and make things easier for you guys. Looks like we're all casual oriented, so we'll see how well that actually aligns in practice, and modify from there. =P

How about Saturday the 4th at 8pm GMT. (This would make it 4pm EST for me, due to DST, and should be 9/10pm for Maluko and rogerandover)

Edit, I missed one! @materpillar please join us as well!

===

@Maluko - Any idea why Discord won't work for you? Having some voice support typically makes the games go much smoother, though I'd still like to play online even if that doesn't work.

bobthefunny
Resident Plainswalker

I did a thing, and made a table for all player information submitted so far.

Please review it, make sure I didn't mess up.
I did change all EST people to EDT, since we are in Daylight Savings time, and most of EST switches over. There's a few states that actually don't do the switch, so if you're one of them, I'm sorry, let me know.

Dragonlover

Post by Dragonlover » 4 years ago

On Discord I'm Dragonlover#3932. I can do Saturday at 8pm my time, seems fun.

Dragonlover
All my decks are here

JoeyB11223

Post by JoeyB11223 » 4 years ago

Okay I have Cockatrice working along with my phone working as a mic at the very least, webcam seems okay though it randomly cut out one time I tested. Obviously never used Cockatrice before so might require some patience haha.

As for the whole MLD/Combo thing, I stated I don't use them, but I don't mind playing against anything.

Hermes_

Post by Hermes_ » 4 years ago

Are people having an actual rule 0 dicussion? *ish shocked* I need to see if i can get my mic to work,then ii'll download cockatrice and upload the same deck I posted here, I'm not exactly sure of it's power level. I'm fine with anything.
The Secret of Commander (EDH)
Sheldon-"The secret of this format is in not breaking it. "

Mimicvat

Post by Mimicvat » 4 years ago

Maluko wrote:
4 years ago
bobthefunny what's your name on Cockatrice? Mine is Maluko :) I'm usually there every night around 21:30 (Western European Time (WET)) hosting games. You can also search me by name. Unfortunately I can't use Discord :\
Mimicvat wrote:
4 years ago

I'm not sure how other people do cockatrice, but my group ignores the phases and stuff on the left side and pretty much uses it as a virtual table
I'm a bit of a control freak over trying to keep the game well organized. I've played in Cockatrice for far too long to know how easily things are either mistracked or miscommunicated. Some examples are weather Gods are creatures or not, how many counters creatures actually have (because some players insist in just changing their P/T), and changing control of things. If your group can play well without using phases (especially if you use Discord), that's fine. But when playing with strangers, I advice everyone to use phases.
Fair enough, other people can have that preference. Personally have no interest in playing people who want to run that way though. Mtgo sucked because of how clunky phases and priority etc worked not going to spend time recreating that via cockatrice.

Thats how I roll with IRL games too btw
Currently building: ww Bruna, the Fading Light (card advantage tribal / reanimator)
Main decks;
r Neheb, Big Red Champion g Yeva's Mono Green Control, b Ayara's Aristocrats rb Greven, Predator Captain the One Punch Man, ugw Derevri, Empirical Tactician Aggro,rwbu Tymna & Kraum's Saboteurs, wbg Kondo & Tymna's Hatebears wugTuvasa's Silver Bullets, urBrudiclad does Brudiclad thingsgubSidisi, Brood Tyrant (lantern control)

Dragonlover

So long as people hit "End" to signify they're happy for the next person to take the turn, I'm not gonna get too fussed about going through every single phase on the bar down the side. I feel like that's more necessary if you're not using voice chat.

Dragonlover
All my decks are here

rogerandover

Post by rogerandover » 4 years ago

Saturday might work for me, but I have small children so I'm usually already at bed at the time, lol :)
Maybe we should make a discord channel for us to set up a game - also on the long run...?

Gwathnar

Post by Gwathnar » 4 years ago

rogerandover wrote:
4 years ago
Saturday might work for me, but I have small children so I'm usually already at bed at the time, lol :)
Maybe we should make a discord channel for us to set up a game - also on the long run...?
Oh boy do I hear that.
3 kids myself (2 twins under 2 years) I'm lucky to stay up to 10 haha.

Everything
Typical Game Length: 1-2 hours
MLD? Y
Combo? Y
Win methods: combo, combat, scoop, whatever

Timezone: EST (UTC -3:30 w/ dst)
Time Preference: Evenings past 8pm

Setup: Cockatrice, Discord w/ web cam, Table Top Sim
Cockatrice: Gwathnar
Discord: Gwathnar#6936

|Gwathnar|Everything|1-3hrs|Y|Y|UTC -3:30|8pm|Y|N|Y|Y|N|N|

bobthefunny
Resident Plainswalker

Our first game was success!

"Image"

Sinis eventually took what became a very close game that ended up in a very bizarre standoff!

Gwathnar wrote:
4 years ago
|Gwathnar|Everything|1-3hrs|Y|Y|UTC -3:30|8pm|Y|N|Y|Y|N|N|
Added!

Also, the table on the 1st post is now also sortable, thanks to @Feyd_Ruin ! (Thanks Feyd!)

WolfWhoWanders

Post by WolfWhoWanders » 4 years ago

Cool to find this, thanks for the mention @Treamayne . I've been playing a fair amount of mtgo lately. Treamayne really helped me get started with a bunch of staples and some cool cards to get started with. I was able to throw together a couple decks and decide if I liked the interface. I'm still getting used to it's very unforgiving nature, but it is nice to take my mind off some of the things going on in my life right now. If you are interested in trying mtgo I highly recommend reaching out to Treamayne and talking to him, maybe if you're interested in the more casual side helping revive the clan. I don't know much about clans yet, but I've managed to find a handful of people I enjoy playing with. The tables are a little stronger than I'm used to, Expect higher power levels in general. Many older cards are very cheap to obtain.

My Information
MTGO username: WolfWhoWanders
Power Level: Casual to tuned generally, but pretty open minded
Time Zone: Colorado, so MST
No play style is really taboo to me, I just like balanced tables. Not a combo player generally.
I've been playing across the board as far as times. I'm kind of sick right now and fairly confined to my house so this has been a major outlet for me. I am a pretty outdoorsy person so its been hard, but this is an excellent time sink. Been rereading conan the barbararian books too.
I don't even know what discord is, but I gather it has to do with talking in realtime while playing. I tend to type, but I do like an active and chatty table. The hardest thing about playing online is not being able to banter and politic. My poor humble defector never knows if he's coming home.
Responds well to spells and abilities

Dragonlover

We gonna sling cards again this weekend, or are folks doing easter stuff?

Dragonlover
All my decks are here

bobthefunny
Resident Plainswalker

Dragonlover wrote:
4 years ago

Dragonlover
My apologies! I've been rather busy in the afternoons this weekend, so I didn't want to commit to something too early. I'll try and set something up for later in the week though!

====

@pokken @materpillar @Treamayne - Thanks to the help of Treamayne, I've gotten set up on MTGO. Seems like all 4 of us are East Coast. I'll send a PM as well, but wanted to tag you guys for any interest?
@WolfWhoWanders and @3drinks are fairly close by as well.

====

@WolfWhoWanders adding you to OP list now!
Last edited by bobthefunny 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

pokken
Answers: 2

Post by pokken » 4 years ago

bobthefunny wrote:
4 years ago
Dragonlover wrote:
4 years ago

Dragonlover
My apologies! I've been rather busy in the afternoons this weekend, so I didn't want to commit to something too early. I'll try and set something up for later in the week though!

====

pokken materpillar Treamayne - Thanks to the help of Treamayne, I've gotten set up on MTGO. Seems like all 4 of us are East Coast. I'll send a PM as well, but wanted to tag you guys for any interest?

====

WolfWhoWanders adding you to OP list now!

Definitely hit me up. I've built some more casual decks after building most of my normal decks, so I should be able to match whatever power level.

If you guys use discord feel free to add me there too, Pokken#3424.

I'm not on for regular communication but it's pretty convenient to use for video/voice chats.

bobthefunny
Resident Plainswalker

Alright! We managed to get an MTGO game in between @WolfWhoWanders, @pokken, and @3drinks, (and myself). Quite a tense game where 3drinks killed himself off of his own mana crypt, while WolfWhoWanders was playing a Mirrorweave deck that did some crazy things. My Eutropia tried to get there with +1 counters, but too many mirrorweaves cleared the board. Dying to pokken's Arcades also didn't help. Then Wolf and pokken went head to head in a very close finish with WolfWhoWanders winning at 1 life.

The game did last a while (and we also started a bit later), so sadly people had to split for sleep/work/other games, etc, so we didn't get a second game in on this one (sorry @Treamayne !), but hopefully we can get this again in the future, and get more than one as well!
Last edited by bobthefunny 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

darrenhabib

Post by darrenhabib » 4 years ago

Feel free to msg me on MTGO if you're trying to get a game going. I'm simply DarrenHabib on there.
I've added you guys as buddies.

3drinks

In my defense, my spectres did put in work despite a Fire Covenant for 10 being mildly greedy. Mildly 👀👀

Modern
R{R/W} 87guide Burn
Commander
WBRKaalia HQ

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”