Thought expriment

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by RxPhantom » 4 years ago

Why are we worried about Teferi's Protection at all? The Spellbinder only triggers when the equipped creature deals combat damage. We just cast a sorcery, so it's our turn. Just search up Bedlam. What am I missing?
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 2/18/22 (Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty)

NZB2323

Post by NZB2323 » 4 years ago

RxPhantom wrote:
4 years ago
Why are we worried about Teferi's Protection at all? The Spellbinder only triggers when the equipped creature deals combat damage. We just cast a sorcery, so it's our turn. Just search up Bedlam. What am I missing?

Their life total can't change until their next turn, and they have protection from everything, but there are so many answers:

Alt. Win-cons:
You stop the lock with a blocker or a creature/enchantment that can disrupt the lock during your opponents turn, like:
Or you could prevent the damage, with something like a circle of protection.
Last edited by NZB2323 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Current Decks
rg Morophon, the infinite Kavu Eowyn, human tribal Legolas, voltron control Wb Tymna/Ravos cleric tribal Neheb, Chicago Bulls tribal Ug Edric pauper

Retired Decks
Edgar Markov Kaalia, angel board wipes Ghen, prison Captain Sisay Ub Nymris, draw go Sarulf, voltron control Niv-Mizzet, combo Winota Sidisi, Zombie Tribal

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!

Whoever created this is a pretty lazy puzzle maker. Nowhere does it say that our opponent is currently phased out. I guess I'm supposed to assume that.
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 2/18/22 (Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty)

WizardMN
Answers: 125
Pronoun: he / him

Post by WizardMN » 4 years ago

Or, you know, you could read Teferi's Protection? They aren't phased out but all their stuff is. Which is what Teferi's Protection does. What did you think that card was doing?

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!

Does it say anywhere that the opponent previously connected with Dromoka and cast a copy of Teferi's Protection? These kind of puzzles/thought experiments require a cursory level of detail that the author didn't think to provide, unless that's the point, that it's some kind of riddle.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”