Cards that want to be in your graveyard

WWolfe
Pronoun: he / him

Post by WWolfe » 4 years ago

I'm retooling my Sidisi, Brood Tyrant deck and am looking for suggestions on cards that want to be in your graveyard such as Wonder, Brawn, or even Vengeful Pharaoh. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Dragoon
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Dragoon » 4 years ago

Genesis might be useful. If you play Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth then I'd consider Filth.

toctheyounger

Post by toctheyounger » 4 years ago

Diregraf Colossus wants other cards in your yard. Not sure if that helps. There's similar stuff like Spider Spawning too.
Malazan Decks of the Fallen
| Shadowthrone/Lazav | Raest/Yidris | T'iam / The Ur-Dragon |

lyonhaert
Answers: 4
Pronoun: they / them

Post by lyonhaert » 4 years ago

My Spiders deck (in signature) is a stuff-in-graveyard-matters deck. So there's some stuff that wants to be in the graveyard, and some stuff that cares about stuff in your graveyard. A taste:
Chainer bbb
"Image"
(rebuild after Geth)
Other
r Lathliss
bw Breena
To-Build Pool
rb Obosh Burn
gw Dromoka

Serenade
UnderKing

Post by Serenade » 4 years ago

The M15 Soul of [insert plane] cycle...of course, the GUB ones are probably the worst ones. NewPhyrexia one is okay, but that's a lot to hold back to deter a wrath.
Mirri, Cat Warrior counts as a Cat Warrior.

toctheyounger

Post by toctheyounger » 4 years ago

The new Gravebreaker Lamia seems pretty cool if you're casting from the yard. Lots of value on one card, what with cost reduction, lifelink and a pseudo-Entomb. I'm looking for a place for it myself....probably it'll end up in Dralnu, Lich Lord at some point.
Malazan Decks of the Fallen
| Shadowthrone/Lazav | Raest/Yidris | T'iam / The Ur-Dragon |

hyalopterouslemur

Post by hyalopterouslemur » 4 years ago

Serenade wrote:
4 years ago
The M15 Soul of [insert plane] cycle...of course, the GUB ones are probably the worst ones. NewPhyrexia one is okay, but that's a lot to hold back to deter a wrath.
Zendikar and Ravnica are worse than Innistrad. Ravnica just costs a lot, while Zendikar, a 3/3 for five mana is just a tad underwhelming in a format where token decks live off the entry, attacks, damage, and death of creatures, coupled with just being able to do a census of your creatures for something like Pennon Blade or Might of the Masses or Shamanic Revelation or Gaea's Cradle. All those things don't care if it's 3/3 or 1/1, but the latter is easier to make.
Thanks to Feyd_Ruin for the avatar!

Sinis

Post by Sinis » 4 years ago

Sharpened wrote:
4 years ago
Scryfall search
This isn't really comprehensive. While it captures weird niche cards like Carrionette (I played this card in Horobi, Death's Wail lol) that very much enjoy or require your graveyard, it doesn't capture things like Traitor's Clutch which want to be in your graveyard, but are indistinguishable from cards you would simply want to use twice.

Your search also returns false positives like Candles of Leng that absolutely add nothing by being in your graveyard.

MeowZeDung

Post by MeowZeDung » 4 years ago

Anything with dredge. Maybe some new escape stuff. I wouldn't neglect stuff that uses the yard without actually being in the yard itself though. Examples:
Kykar primer and other active decks (click!)

bobthefunny
Resident Plainswalker

Post by bobthefunny » 4 years ago

I'm a fan of Worm Harvest, especially paired with Life From the Loam.

Another that may not hit your searches would be Syr Konrad, the Grim, who would trigger from your self-mill (plus has a self mill ability as well!).

Creeping Renaissance has always been good tech for refilling the hand - it cares both about having cards in your grave, plus it has flashback in case it gets milled itself.

One surprising gem that the Sidisi deck in my playgroup runs is Path of Discovery - It can sometimes chain several zombies together, as each one entering explores again.

WWolfe

Post by WWolfe » 4 years ago

Yea, I have Path of Discovery with Parallel Lives, that can get nasty.

hyalopterouslemur

Post by hyalopterouslemur » 4 years ago

Has anyone mentioned Golgari Grave-Troll?
Thanks to Feyd_Ruin for the avatar!

darrenhabib

Post by darrenhabib » 4 years ago

Quite a complicated subject, as it depends on what the deck is trying to do.

But you have flashback, aftermath, escape, unearth, jump-start, retrace as ways to cast cards from graveyard. Good examples are;
Deep Analysis, Driven // Despair, Echo of Eons, Fatestitcher, Commit // Memory, Mystical Teachings, Quasiduplicate, Rags // Riches, Spitting Image, Uro, Titan of Nature's Wrath, Polukranos, Unchained.

Hogaak, Arisen Necropolis, Lochmere Serpent, Soul of Innistrad are other standout cards to me.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”