32 (what would you build)

Gashnaw
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Gashnaw » 4 years ago

Say you are walking into your local game store. it turn out the got a huge back order and are not holding onto tens of thousands of card many people use in EDH. Virtually any deck you ever wanted to make is now available. There is also a man sitting near the cash with a t op hat and twiirling his mustache, he stand up and says "I will sponsor any deck you wish to build, but I am a sadistic individual. You must build 32, No color combo duplication, and you have to build exactly 32. No more and no less."

So given that there is no shortage of cards and no cost issues, Can you name 32 commanders you would build with?

Here is mine:

CCCCC Colorless: Kozilek, Butcher of Truth (eldrazi Tribal)
WWWWW White: Heliod, Sun-crowned
UUUUU Blue: Arcum Dagsson (Second deck ever built, toss up between him and Azami. I think Nostalgia wins overall though)
BBBBB Black: Marrow-Gnawer (rat Colony or Relentless rats)
RRRRR Red: Purphoros, God of the Forge (Token Vomit)
GGGGG Green: Grothama, All Devouring (Tough since all green decks I could want I already own)
WUWUW Azorius: Dragonlord Ojutai (Voltron)
WBWBW Orzhov: Teysa Karlov
RWRWR Boros: Aurelia, the Warleader
GWGWG Selesnya: Rhys the Redeemed
UBUBU Dimir: Phenax, God of Deception (mill that works in EDH)
URURU Izzet: Nin, the Pain Artist (Another deck i build early (Before 2011 sets were even released)
GUGUG Simic: Prime Speaker Zegana
BRBRB Rakdos: Wort, Boggart Auntie
BGBGB Golgari: Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest
RGRGR Gruul: Thromok The Insatiable
WUBUW Esper: Sharuum the Hegemon
GWUWG Bant: Estrid, the Masked
RGWGR Naya: Zacama, Primal Calamity
UBRBU Grixis: Inalla, Archmage Ritualist
BRGRB Jund: Gyrus, Waker of Corpses
WURUW Jeskai: Narset, Enlightened master
BRWRB Mardu: Kaalia of the Vast
GWBGW Abzan: Ghave, Guru of Spores
UBGBU Sultai: The Mimeoplasm
RGUGR Temur: Animar, Soul of Elements (Elemental tribal)
WUBRC Not-Green: Breya, Etherium Shaper (we)
WUBCG Not-Red: Atraxa, Praetors' Voice (need)
WUCRG Not-Black: Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis (more)
WCBRG Not-Blue: Saskia the Unyielding (Four)
CUBRG Not-White: Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder (color)
WUBRG 5-Color: Golos, Tireless Pilgrim (gates, lands matter)

Some of these are place holders while others are decks i have wanted to build or even built and since dismantled and/or dissected for parts. Of course with unlimited money and access to every card (up to 32) I would indeed purchase everything needed for all 32 decks.

Why can't my store get a back order and have some rich entrepreneur do this for me?

so what are your choices (in the mean time, I think i will remove the color combos i already have and work on a deck list for each one i do not already have.)

Mookie
Answers: 47
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Mookie » 4 years ago

My own picks, including decks I already have...

CCCCC Colorless: Kozilek, Butcher of Truth (ramp)
WWWWW White: Teshar, Ancestor's Apostle (bomberman)
UUUUU Blue: Thada Adel, Acquisitor (built, ramp/beatdown)
BBBBB Black: Gonti, Lord of Luxury (etb / value)
RRRRR Red: Etali, Primal Storm (win with opponents' stuff)
GGGGG Green: Nissa, Vastwood Seer (control)
WUWUW Azorius: Brago, King Eternal (built, flicker)
WBWBW Orzhov: Teysa, Orzhov Scion (built, aristocrats)
RWRWR Boros: Brion Stoutarm (theft / lifegain)
GWGWG Selesnya: Nazahn, Revered Bladesmith (voltron)
UBUBU Dimir: Wrexial, the Risen Deep (mill / voltron)
URURU Izzet: Mizzix of the Izmagnus (built, storm)
GUGUG Simic: Tatyova, Benthic Druid (built, ramp)
BRBRB Rakdos: Chainer, Nightmare Adept (reanimator, creaturesthatwanthaste.dec)
BGBGB Golgari: I want to say Sisters of Stone Death (ramp), but that deck turned into my Tasigur deck already. So Gorm the Great + Virtus the Veiled (lure tribal)
RGRGR Gruul: Omnath, Locus of Rage (ramp)
WUBUW Esper: Sharuum the Hegemon (built, artifacts)
GWUWG Bant: Derevi, Empyrial Tactician (tap abilities)
RGWGR Naya: Samut, Voice of Dissent (built, tap abilities)
UBRBU Grixis: Kess, Dissident Mage (built, villains/control)
BRGRB Jund: Vaevictus Asmadi, the Dire (sacrifice/chaos)
WURUW Jeskai: Zedruu the Greathearted (built, creatureless control)
BRWRB Mardu: Queen Marchesa ('come at me, bro!' tribal)
GWBGW Abzan: Karador, Ghost Chieftain (vaaaalue)
UBGBU Sultai: Tasigur, the Golden Fang (built, ramp/control)
RGUGR Temur: Animar, Soul of Elements (built, combo/storm)
4-color decks: skip, because I actually have zero interest in most of them at this point in time. Maybe Atraxa, Praetors' Voice voltron?
WUBRG 5-Color: Ramos, Dragon Engine (gold/multicolor matters)

Of these, Queen Marchesa and Ramos are the ones I'm most likely to consider building next, followed by Chainer. The others are mostly in 'that might be fun, but I'm holding out for something spicier' territory.

Gashnaw

Mookie wrote: 4-color decks: skip, because I actually have zero interest in most of them at this point in time. Maybe Atraxa, Praetors' Voice voltron?
I know what you mean. I only chose the face of each deck as there really are no true options yet and I would really like to get more options. Even if just more partner commanders. Battlebond had a good idea, they should revisit that but with 2 color "partners with"
Mookie wrote: WUBRG 5-Color: Ramos, Dragon Engine (gold/multicolor matters)
I did a Ramos superfriends, it was actually pretty good, not to mention that Conflux is an amazing card. Get a few counters on Ramos and then play Humiliation also did wonders. A few cards to give him flying when humiliation game out.

Also Humiliation + Jace, Architect of thought's +1, basically it is a permafog. They can't hurt your PWs.

But Ramos the way you want, he is versatile.

folding_music
glitter pen on my mana crypt
Pronoun: they / them

Post by folding_music » 4 years ago

my decks are usually 3 or 4 out of 10 on a pure power-scale because I like jank, so my answer to this isn't "try out all the established builds on EDHREC!" having played for a while my feeling is that, in casual, Rampant Growth is better than Mana Vault so the subtheme here is that none of the decks would contain tutors or shuffle effects - Arcum Dagsson would be particularly banned! here's what I might focus on:

colourless:
Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger:
"The Ceaseless Hunger" is also my nickname for myself when I'm wandering about the flat at 2am unable to sleep. Have never been tempted to make an entirely colourless deck cos like, wouldn't you rather it be *almost* colourless but also include Goblin Welder and Drafna's Restoration? so this'd be a pure experiment with no plans in mind.

monocolour:
Eight-and-a-Half-Tails:
The "this too shall pass"-iest legend. would be fun to make a theme around the fox about absolute resilience, protecting ability-less Citizen tokens, playing classic jank like Temper and Scars of the Veteran, donning the Ring of Thune, convincing his enemies to take up farming or cowing them with sheer implacability, never letting Tails attack until he had built up 21 power points of sheer dignity under fire. =P a proud one-out-of-ten deck wasting Teferi's Protection
Rayne, Academy Chancellor:
from the few pieces of flavour text she features in I've decided she's amazing and deserves a deck to show it! Her abilities are modest but maybe not as linear as you'd first believe? maybe she'd assemble an army of defensive robots - Silent Arbiter? Stuffy Doll? - and accrue teh benefits of them getting blown up and bounced as she assembled some combination of enchantments and auras? Locking down the board and Confiscating the good stuff?
Shauku, Endbringer:
I bought a lot of Mirage back in the day and I could never figure out how to put Shauku in any deck. if I had access to every card in the game it'd be experiment time!
Heartless Hidetsugu:
Another enigmatic weirdo legend I've been fixated on since I first read their name. Perfect place to run other absurd red cards like Volcano Hellion, Steam Vines and so forth; a deck where everything hurts plus every red lifegain trinket and Sun Droplet because I'm a baby?? Zo-zu the Punisher in the 99? No Basilisk Collar, though - the idea is mutual bloodletting, not cheating your way out of it!
Mirri, Cat Warrior:
Would love to see how resilient I could make a stompy deck. Mirri's got a lovely list of abilities and is fun to put Rancor on; from there I'd try to slot in as many efficient one and two CMC creatures and pump spells as I could find. No cantrips, no ramp, no mana elves, just an attempt to see how savage you can get while still thinking about additional opponents - probably nothing else should cost 3 or above aside from Grafted Wargear?

allied pairs:
Rasputin Dreamweaver: (already built)
Casting chargy threats and protecting them with instaflickers. probably go too deep on proliferate and then stubbornly try and use storage land. Would need to pick up Hangarback Walker and Walking Ballista, which have always eluded me in real life. Best friends: Thassa, Deep-Dwelling, Workhorse, Inexorable Tide, Gemstone Array, and probably every Morphling-like creature ever printed. Shorecrasher Elemental seems sorely underappreciated AND it can give itself a +1/+1 counter, just suits the deck so nicely!
Oona, Queen of the Fae:
She's an independently powerful card so there's no need to go too deep on the milling theme and I wouldn't bother with tribal effects, either. I'm the type of player more likely to put trinkets on the table; i'm a big fan of Spinning Wheel and Crystal Shard and slowly playing out a thousand lands and I believe Oona would approve. What I WOULD pair with her ability is oldschool Animate Dead effects and stuff like Innocent Blood; she makes both deeply asymmetrical.
Rakdos, Lord of Riots:
that's one of the sexiest sentences written on any M:TG card! I'm always Rakdos in those personality type quizzes so this'd be automatic. and this'd be a themed deck rather than a synergistic one; just include all the most depraved card titles I can find.
Grumgully, the Generous: (already built)
All my fave ball lightnings! Because most decks I make are full of complicated cards with moving parts, I want one which is all about synergy and obvious plays! Includes Pandeburst and Goblin Bombardment, Gutter Grime etc. Running a Thunderblust as the only instant-win Persist card because it suits the theme. Having played this a bunch i'm starting to suspect that Hell's Thunder isn't that good; the main draw is that you can Unearth it, but if your deck has a bunch of high casting costs you never really get around to playing abilities like that. or maybe it's a signal that I should pare back the creature count and add cantrips and Wild Growths and things!
Lord Magnus:
green-white junk is always cloying good stuff with no gambling and very few memorable activated abilities. Time to take a protest commander and play all my fave cards in the colour pair, probably gravitating towards the wonderful Femeref Enchantress and cards I think she'd like.

opposite pairs:
Ozdezat, Ghost Council: (already built)
Permanent-based control. plays a few board wipes which benefit it in terms of timing: Rout, Bane of the Living; more of a Pestilence deck with lots of animateable lands, Equipoise, Crackdown and all that
Arjun, the Shifting Flame: (already built)
More of a shell than a deck; keeping together like 90 OP cards so I can use them to efficiently find comedy combo pieces, currently Kobolds and Mana Echoes; this is where all the old broken stuff I own goes; Mana Vault, Wheel of Fortune, Scroll Rack et al. Also Gitaxian Probe and both baubles.
Polukranos, Unchained:
Along with Thassa, this is the folding_musiciest card in the new set; would probably play every version of Winding Way, Mulch, Grapple with the Past I can think of. no attempt to keep Polukranos alive via equipment, just recur the man and use the g/b colour pair to run lots of good removal spells.
Tiana, Ship's Caretaker:
I shy away from red-white combinations because people refer to it as Boros, and looking at the flavour text on Boros guild cards all they represent is police brutality =P Tiana feels far enough away from that vibe (to the point where Pacifism makes sense in her library) that I could entertain the idea of playing her. plus I think Squee's Embrace is an efficient card that I've always wanted to use somewhere!
Tishana, Voice of Thunder:
Wanna combine all my favourite land picker-uppers like Kefnet and Uyo as well as play every version of Kiora, do Burgeoning and Summer Bloom, Scryb Ranger and Horn of Greed stuff and get absurd. Because Tish costs seven mana it's gonna be cantrips and Wall of Roots as far as the eye can see.

shards:
wub Varina, Lich Queen:
i'm not a tribal person as such but in the particular case of Varina she looks fantastic for running mono-lords (just in my collection I think I have at least seven cards which say "All zombies" or "For each zombie" and it's not like I've been buying them specifically...) then filling the rest of the deck with permission and bounce and cheap artifact removal and... ok it sounds oppressive and mean, doesn't it. Wouldn't construct this until there was some sort of comedic gimmick associated with it because frankly Varina strikes me as simultaneously "the coolest commander in these colours" and "actually way too good" lol
ubr Gwendlyn Di Corci:
Principally so someone would buy me a Gwendlyn Di Corci card. She's punker than anyone in the cult of Rakdos. She's neat! Make a deck with no other non-land permanents in it so that everyone looks at her and thinks, wow, she's neat.
brg Xira Arien:
Kinda already planning this anyway, but I wanna make a "my favourite cards in magic" deck with no synergy whatsoever. Xira rules at doing nothing so you wouldn't waste time trying to combine her with stuff. The "always build around your commander" thing kinda bugs me in all honesty. Plus this way you would be guaranteed to create an original deck which EDHREC could not predict!
rgw Marath, Will of the Wild:
This is a good set of colours for stacking up Mana Flares along with Mirari's Wake and Overabundance and being the generous doofus at the table. The first turn Rainbow Vale into Eladamri's Vineyard swine. Marath frankly looks like it could win a four player game on its own so add absurdity to taste!
gwu Phelddagrif:
It's just my opinion, but I think @DirkGently's primer is the best on this site and it'd be a joy to follow.

wedges:
wbr Ravos, Soultender and Vial Smasher the Fierce:
Here's a confession - I'm never ever tempted to play wedge. I even got a Muldrotha out of a booster and simply filed 'em away without considering a build. This would be me experimenting with enters-the-battlefield creatures and taking infinite damage from my mana base because I don't understand what I'm doing. \o/
urg Omnath, Locus of the Roil:
An attempt to build this guy only sparingly using Elementals. Avenger of Zendikar clearly fits, Ashling the Pilgrim too? the real allure of this colour combination to me is having access to some serious X spells and time walks!

more later!
Blah blah blah
Show
Hide
then in the future I have lots of other fave commanders picked out;
Niv-Mizzet, Reborn as a Dream Halls deck. I pushed this onto the backburner because it'd involve tutors and all tutors say shuffle on them and shuffling is the worst part of M:TG by several orders of magnitude, especially when the deck is 99 cards tall.
Xira Arien as a favourite cards deck with no synergy at all. giggle. I love resilient creatures and manlands, this is probably obvious.
trying to find an interesting take on Wort, Boggart Auntie; I have some cool old Goblin cards, particularly Goblin Lackey, both Squees and Goblin Piledriver but I'm not really a fan of tribal, I always need a subtheme; same thing with Varina, Lich Queen although at least with her you don't technically need to play many zombie cards!
Riven Turnbull is a card I've been thinking about since I first saw him; utterly unremarkable but his flavour text suggests something anarchic and revolutionary; it'd be fun to find a theme like that in blue black.

other fave legends at a glance:
Brion Stoutarm and Tiana, Ship's Caretaker seem lovely. I usually avoid white red since people call it Boros, and having read the flavour text on Boros cards, Boros just means police brutality. kinda offputting =P
Mirri, Cat Warrior I think might be nice to make some sort of scaling stompy around, avoiding ramp and mana elves in favour of efficient green creatures, fight cards and Avoid Fate variants. probably not possible to take out more than one opponent with a deck like that but it's fun to try. Maybe add some powerful equipment, Grafted Wargear? plus Mirri is adorable and I remember collecting her years and years back.
Shauku, Endbringer - think I might finally have reached a point in my collection where I can make a deck around her that Actually Works. lol. she's so specific! I would also love to build Braids, Cabal Minion but I think people still shudder at the mention of her name, probably still banned, lol.
Cromat used to be the butt of many jokes in my playgroup, kinda wanna refurbish the poor... whatever it is.
Rayne, Academy Chancellor is a character I actually like - a perceptive, witty woman who's wise to how awful Urza is and tries to protect her community. putting sixteen different Alexi's Cloaks on stuff doesn't seem that exciting though which is why I'm more likely to run Eutropia with Rayne in the 99.

will continue later! i promise to pick a final 32 with the colour scheme you suggested, was just getting thoughts down
Last edited by folding_music 4 years ago, edited 10 times in total.

Toshi
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Post by Toshi » 4 years ago

My adjusted preset is available in the spoiler below:
Empty Preset
Show
Hide

Code: Select all

[hr][b]Colorless:[/b]

[mana]c[/mana] | Colorless | [b][card][/card][/b] - 

[hr][b]Mono:[/b]

[mana]w[/mana] | White | [b][card][/card][/b] - 
[mana]u[/mana] | Blue | [b][card][/card][/b] - 
[mana]b[/mana] | Black | [b][card][/card][/b] - 
[mana]r[/mana] | Red | [b][card][/card][/b] - 
[mana]g[/mana] | Green | [b][card][/card][/b] - 

[hr][b]Allied:[/b]

[sym=wu] | Azorius | [b][card][/card][/b] - 
[sym=ub] | Dimir | [b][card][/card][/b] - 
[sym=br] | Rakdos | [b][card][/card][/b] - 
[sym=rg] | Gruul | [b][card][/card][/b] - 
[sym=gw] | Selesnya | [b][card][/card][/b] - 

[hr][b]Enemy:[/b]

[sym=wb] | Orzhov | [b][card][/card][/b] - 
[sym=ur] | Izzet | [b][card][/card][/b] - 
[sym=bg] | Golgari | [b][card][/card][/b] - 
[sym=rw] | Boros | [b][card][/card][/b] - 
[sym=gu] | Simic | [b][card][/card][/b] - 

[hr][b]Shard:[/b]

[mana]wub[/mana] | Esper | [b][card][/card][/b] - 
[mana]ubr[/mana] | Grixis | [b][card][/card][/b] - 
[mana]brg[/mana] | Jund | [b][card][/card][/b] - 
[mana]rgw[/mana] | Naya | [b][card][/card][/b] - 
[mana]gwu[/mana] | Bant | [b][card][/card][/b] - 

[hr][b]Wedge:[/b]

[mana]wbr[/mana] | Mardu | [b][card][/card][/b] - 
[mana]urg[/mana] | Temur | [b][card][/card][/b] - 
[mana]bgw[/mana] | Abzan | [b][card][/card][/b] - 
[mana]rwu[/mana] | Jeskai | [b][card][/card][/b] - 
[mana]gub[/mana] | Sultai | [b][card][/card][/b] - 

[hr][b]Nephilim:[/b]

[mana]ubrg[/mana] | Non-[mana]w[/mana] | [b][card][/card][/b] - 
[mana]wbrg[/mana] | Non-[mana]u[/mana] | [b][card][/card][/b] - 
[mana]wurg[/mana] | Non-[mana]b[/mana] | [b][card][/card][/b] - 
[mana]wubg[/mana] | Non-[mana]r[/mana] | [b][card][/card][/b] - 
[mana]wubr[/mana] | Non-[mana]g[/mana] | [b][card][/card][/b] - 

[hr][b]5 Color:[/b]

[mana]wubrg[/mana] | 5 Color | [b][card][/card][/b] - 

Colorless:

C | Colorless | Traxos, Scourge of Kroog - Love me some scrap metal beatings, but i'd be happy to see more alternatives printed.

Mono:

W | White | Teshar, Ancestor's Apostle - Most strangers ask me if i lost a bet or something. And that just makes it even more worth it to go through the motions.
U | Blue | Talrand, Sky Summoner - Non-oppressive, yet resilient. Set to stay.
B | Black | Gonti, Lord of Luxury - The epitome of well scaling fun.
R | Red | Neheb, Dreadhorde Champion - If i ever grow tired of Zada, Hedron Grinder, i'll instantly build this. Very tempting possibilities!
G | Green | Yeva, Nature's Herald - The more MTG turns into ETB the greater she gets.

Allied:

| Azorius | Brago, King Eternal - Would love to get more unique enchantments for my oldest deck.
| Dimir | Lazav, the Multifarious - This guy embodies everything that EDH is about for me.
| Rakdos | Grenzo, Dungeon Warden - My idea of a chaos deck that doesn't annoy everyone else.
| Gruul | Wort, the Raidmother - Would propably grow tired of it rather soon. Lacking options.
| Selesnya | Saffi Eriksdotter - Uninteresting color combination with this being the least uninteresting option.

Enemy:

| Orzhov | Kambal, Consul of Allocation - Stop hitting yourself already.
| Izzet | Jhoira, Weatherlight Captain - If i were in need of a competitive storm commandtress.
| Golgari | Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons - Such a smooth machine.
| Boros | Archangel Avacyn//Avacyn, the Purifier - Turned out way better than expected and aside from Gerrard, Weatherlight Hero the only thing i'd build here.
| Simic | Edric, Spymaster of Trest - My most serious deck. Midrange Simic is just atrocious to play (against) in comparison.

Shard:

wub | Esper | Zur the Enchanter - Propably some weird Arcane Adaptation version.
ubr | Grixis | Marchesa, the Black Rose - To date one of the most fascinating decks, i regularly play against.
brg | Jund | Korvold, Fae-Cursed King - I imagine this to be a lot of fun.
rgw | Naya | Samut, Voice of Dissent - Some originality in a pretty unoriginal color combination.
gwu | Bant | Chulane, Teller of Tales - Dear god, so many bland commanders in one place...

Wedge:

wbr | Mardu | Queen Marchesa - Politics all the way, baby!
urg | Temur | Surrak Dragonclaw - Embarassing that this is the best they were able to do.
bgw | Abzan | Ghave, Guru of Spores - If only this were easier to build without a billion combos...
rwu | Jeskai | Zedruu the Greathearted - Ever since i've seen aura voltron lists i am absolutely intrigued.
gub | Sultai | Yarok, the Desecrated - Unanimously the 3 best colors in the game. Arguably any unusual commanders though.

Nephilim:

UBRG | Non-w | Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder - Another more serious commander.
WBRG | Non-u | Saskia the Unyielding - Ultra beatdown. Not worth the investment of going 4C though. Could've/should've been Naya.
WURG | Non-b | Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis - As far as flavor goes a perfect fit.
WUBG | Non-r | Tymna the Weaver + Kydele, Chosen of Kruphix - Oof, i'd hate to play this.
WUBR | Non-g | Silas Renn, Seeker Adept + Akiri, Line-Slinger - At least they have some sort of synergy!?

5 Color:

WUBRG | 5 Color | Niv-Mizzet Reborn - I appeciate all 2 color combinations and would go for a close to even spread best of, propably.

I'd stick to a lot of my built decks, apparently.

I absolutely hated the options for WUG, ubg, urg and most 4C combinations. If i were ever to do the 32 deck challenge, i'd hope to have something more interesting printed in those colors until then...
Last edited by Toshi 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

Segrus

Post by Segrus » 4 years ago

Since I've already completed the 32-deck challenge and then some...and then some more on top of that...I'll try to choose stuff I haven't built yet and would be interested in toying with (which may include some stuff I've pulled cards for but haven't sat down to build).

CCCCC Colorless: Karn, Silver Golem - Golem tribal? Colorless is a hard nut to crack for me
WWWWW White: Djeru, With Eyes Open - this person's Chain Veil Gideon land based combo
UUUUU Blue: Thryx, the Sudden Storm - unsure, but he looks weird and underappreciated
BBBBB Black: Toshiro Umezawa - mono Black control, always kinda thought I'd like to try him out
RRRRR Red: Fumiko the Lowblood - Wall tribal, because a friend had one and it was really funny to me and this is who he played
GGGGG Green: Sasaya, Orochi Ascendant - mono Green burn; I'm already planning on building this one
WUWUW Azorius: Gwafa Hazid, Profiteer - heard about somebody using those chocolate 'coins' covered in gold-colored foil for their bribery tokens and basically literally bribing people with them, which is the right level of silly and novelty that would keep the deck around
WBWBW Orzhov: Kunoros, Hound of Athreos - since I have to pick something for this spot; some beat down hate bear thing, I guess?
RWRWR Boros: Gerrard, Weatherlight Hero - some kind of combo, I think?
GWGWG Selesnya: Siona, Captain of the Pyleas - this combo deck darrenhabib has built, because it's awesome
UBUBU Dimir: Yuriko, the Tiger's Shadow - mostly because I haven't tried Yuriko out personally, so I'd like to see it in action
URURU Izzet: Dalakos, Crafter of Wonders - not sure about the commander, but Izzet Mill as the strategy; I don't know why I'm on a mill kick lately
GUGUG Simic: Tatyova, Benthic Druid - I haven't really been digging Simic commanders lately, but something with lands seems fine to me
BRBRB Rakdos: Kroxa, Titan of Death's Hunger - I don't know yet, but he's got a sweet name and image
BGBGB Golgari: gotta be Hogaak, Arisen Necropolis on this one just because it's such an odd card
RGRGR Gruul: Hallar, the Firefletcher - kicker theme, obviously
WUBUW Esper: Chromium, the Mutable - Solar Flare; I semi have this built already, but before I ever play it again I'd like to rebuild it
GWUWG Bant: Arcades, the Strategist - maybe the stereotypical defender theme, but I like the idea of having a deck for each elder Dragon
RGWGR Naya: Marisi, Breaker of the Coil - cat tribal
UBRBU Grixis: Nicol Bolas, the Ravager - Grixis planeswalkers, but mostly Nicol Bolas; got some cards picked for this
BRGRB Jund: Ulanok Masterweaver - spider tribal with custom commander; if you all only understood how much my wife loves spiders and spider cards...
WURUW Jeskai: Kykar, Wind's Fury - if I have to pick one, but just like Simic I'm not really feeling Jeskai right now either
BRWRB Mardu: Queen Marchesa - damage redirection control; I have a deck built for this, but I'd like to try again with the Enrage mechanic
GWBGW Abzan: Teneb, the Harvester - dragon tribal?
UBGBU Sultai: Volrath, the Shapestealer body horror theme; I've got like 1000 cards picked out for this deck already and haven't figured out what I'm doing yet
RGUGR Temur: Intet, the Dreamer - can I say dragon tribal again? lol
4-color decks: I've already built Breya, two different Atraxa decks (although one it going to be torn apart at some point), two different Saskia decks, Yidris, and the kings. Which means picking who's-who of cEDH decks Breya, Bloodpod, and Sushi Hulk. Then some new Yidris build and Kraum partners with Sidar?
WUBRG 5-Color: Niv-Mizzet Reborn - seriously enthralled by this other build from darrenhabib ever since I saw it. Much more talented deck builder than I am.

bobthefunny
Resident Plainswalker

Post by bobthefunny » 4 years ago

I'll bite. Let's see what I can find. Stealing Brago's formatting, because I like it.

Colorless:

C | Colorless | Hope of Ghirapur - I've already built New Kozi and Traxos, and I feel that I'd want to take colorless in a new direction. Most colorless commanders are just big on their own, and cost a ton. I think Hope can change things up somewhat, open something new. Maybe part voltron, part control.

Mono:

W | White | Linden, the Steadfast Queen - I just built this deck, got to play it once, and it was a complete blast. If I can't reuse, then Kenrith, the Returned King mono-W. Mono-W aggro with access to on demand Haste seems ridiculously fun. Is that cheating? Maybe. Do I care? No.
U | Blue | Slinn Voda, the rising deep - Mono-U is the only mono-color I haven't already built. It seems to quickly devolve into broken interactions (artifacts, or wizards) or just counterspell-fest control. Neither of those routes seem interesting to me. If I'm going to play blue, I want to break some expectations and hit people. Sea monsters rise up!
B | Black | Torgaar, Famine Incarnate - Mono-B is the mono color I've built the most of. Blacks tools end up making it very versatile, but I've played the various resurrection loops and drain builds often enough, I'd want something different. I think having some political clout, to either harm, or heal, in mono-B could be interesting. Even as a way to reset your life if you pay too much of it.
R | Red | Torbran, Thane of Red Fell - Someone metioned Mono-R superfriends... and that sounds rather interesting. I've generally dislike the superfriends concept and don't really see myself making a true superfriends deck, but the mono-red restriction might not make it oppressive. I've previously run Kurkesh (no broken stuff), and that was some of the most fun I've had - just getting value out of jank. I've also wanted to make a mono-red everything burns deck with Sulfuric vortex to essentially say "This game will keep moving forward and eventually end.... no matter what." I think this could be an interesting fit.
G | Green | Questing Beast - Fog tribal. I've previously built token swarm and overrun in Nemata, Grove Guardian, and considered Yeva, Nature's Herald. Lately though I've enjoyed adding more fog effects to my decks, which catch people by surprise. When Questing Beast was revealed, I immediately wanted to take that a step further and gain extra advantage off of fogs.

Allied:

| Azorius | Lavinia of the Tenth - Detain looks like it could be fun, and a different take on the heavy control theme w/u usually has.
| Dimir | Ramirez DePietro - I looked to see if there was someone else I wanted to build/rebuild, but I think I need to stick to my Pirate captain. He's been slated for a rework for years, and Ixalan gave a bunch of fun stuff to work with. His previous theme of steal everything wasn't as fun as I'd hoped, so I think a more aggressive rework (but still with a gather all the bling theme) could be where it's at.
| Rakdos | Chainer, Nightmare Adept - Mono B chainer was an Iconic deck for me, but eventually turned into a control/combo type deck that was less fun. I'd like to return to being more aggressive with it, and new Chainer offers a new take, and new tech to the deck.
| Gruul | Radha, Heir to Keld - Sinis had a deck that used Radha as a t2 rock to reliably power out the 4 cost ramp spells. That looks like fun. I'm going to steal it.
| Selesnya | Siona, Captain of the Pyleas - I haven't built an enchantress deck yet. Could be fun.

Enemy:

| Orzhov | Aryel, Knight of Windgrace - Aryel is still new enough that I don't feel bad keeping my current deck up here. Knight tribal has been surprisingly capable. If I can't use a current deck, then Athreos, Shroud-Veiled . Grindy Value seems fun. Can also do death/etb shenanigans on your own stuff.
| Izzet | Tibor and Lumia - Again, I have to go back to my iconic classics. I've rebuilt Tibor and Lumia so may times, into so many variants of that storm-ish wincon - From commander damage, to outright storm, to card draw=damage, to spells=tokens, to spells=damage... Since then, Wizards has kindly printed much better Commanders for every single one of those strategies, down to encapsulating the entire strategy in a single card... But that's ok. I know I can still find an angle.
| Golgari | Varolz, the Scar-Striped - I've done the Meren/Mazirek/sac/reanimate/value chains enough. I think some +1 counter synergy, and a different kind of value from the graveyard would be good.
| Boros | Feather, the Redeemed - I haven't been impressed with the feather cantrip decks I've seen. I want to try a different take, with more focus on quality, than quantity of spells.
| Simic | Rashmi, Eternities Crafter - I've built Jori-En, and Rashmi is like Jori, but better. My Jori forwent the typical cantrip built, for big beaters, intead of just cantrips into more cantrips. To make it fair, we're going Wurm Tribal here.

Shard:

wub | Esper | Sydri, Galvanic Genius - I think I want to take obscure artifacts and throw them at people.
ubr | Grixis | Sedris, the Traitor King - I. Will. Make. Him. Work. I swear it. I know it can be done!
brg | Jund | Shattergang Brothers - They seem interesting, but as far as I've seen, they tend to be a built slow. I think something can be done with sacrifice synergy, plus there's been a lot more artifact token, and even enchantment token (via enchantment-creatures) support now, that getting some good options for him seems more possible today.
rgw | Naya | Marisi, Breaker of the Coil - This was the main alternate option for the idea that became my Linden deck. I'm still interested in trying it.
gwu | Bant | Sidar Kondo of Jamuura + Ishai, Ojutai Dragonspeaker - Every time I build bant, it seems too easy to break. Focusing more on smaller creatures and combat triggers could be the way to go. The UG partner commanders would probably be better, but they're broken.

Wedge:

wbr | Mardu | Mathas, Fiend Seeker - Assassin Tribal. Curse Tribal. I want to be vidictive, and put bounties on people that annoy me. Eventually I'll make them a juicy enough target.
urg | Temur | Riku of Two Reflections - Every time I see Riku, he's casually broken. You have to try to make him not dumb. Even so, I want to play Vigean Hydropon in Riku.
bgw | Abzan | Kethis, the Hidden Hand - This seems like the least broken way to play legendary tribal.
rwu | Jeskai | Elsha of the Infinite - Forget topdeck manipulation, lets just shuffle up and see what we get. Roulette is the way to go.
gub | Sultai | Reyhan, last of the abzan + Silas Renn, Seeker Adept - Arcbound Tribal

Nephilim:

UBRG | Non-w | Ydris, Maelstrom Wielder
WBRG | Non-u | Saskia the Unyielding - Damage doubling commence.
WURG | Non-b | Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis - I actually really like that they're a 2/8 and deflect a lot of attacks on their own. Probably some sort of landfall/lands theme.
WUBG | Non-r | Atraxa, Praetors' Voice - +1 counters Voltron. Superfriends is done to death, lets put those keywords to use. Deathtouch means adding trample is super effective.
WUBR | Non-g | Breya, Etherium Shaper - Treasure/Food/Gold/Clue/Servo/Thopter tokens galore, with sac benefits theme.

5 Color:

WUBRG | 5 Color | Cromat - Cromat was the first EDH deck I ever built, and was pure jank goodstuff. There was some interest during the Manifest mechanic to rebuild him as it plays well with his abilities, but 5c is so open ended I hadn't been that interested. I recently saw the Rainbow Stariwell variant, and I wonder if I could make Cromat work under those restrictions.

====

Man, the 4 color area is rough, there's only so many partner combinations that are interesting. I think my biggest surprise it that there practically nothing I want to build in Bant at all, on account of being too good, and Sultai has the opposite problem, where nothing seems interesting.

Sinis

Post by Sinis » 4 years ago

I'm torn on just posting decks that I already have. I don't think I could ever build 32 decks. The ones I stop playing usually get taken apart for something new; few of my decks last beyond a year or two, and some only last 6 months. Some colour combinations (particularly mono-black and dimir) I've built many, many times, and there are few commanders at this point that I haven't tried.

I find it interesting that you've framed this as a budget-free exercise. I'd like for this mustachioed gentleman to give me more hours in a day, for that is really what stops me from doing this.

Mono:
Bruna, the Fading Light - Angel/human tribal
God-Eternal Kefnet - Fun with top-of-deck action and spells
Ob Nixilis of the Black Oath - demon tribal and trying to win with Liliana's Contract
Chandra, Fire of Kaladesh - Chandra trival
Jolrael, Empress of Beasts - Stompy with wrath deterrent

Bi:
Temmet, Vizier of Naktamun - Token weirdness
X - The only Dimir commander I haven't built yet; theft
Neheb, the Worthy - discard hero
Ulasht, the Hate Seed - gruul combo
Arahbo, Roar of the World - cat tribal
Regna, the Redeemer / Krav, the Unredeemed - aristocrat tokens
Firesong and Sunspeaker - burn/lifegain
Will Kenrith / Rowan Kenrith - spellslinger action; definitely not superfriends again
Prime Speaker Vannifar - pod-chains and untaps
Thelon of Havenwood - fungus tribal

Shard:
Dakkon Blackblade - land oriented control
Mairsil, the Pretender - inevitability combo
Korvold, Fae-Cursed King - aristocrats/sacrifice theme
Sidar Kondo of Jamuraa / Tana, the Bloodsower - go-wide tokens
Phelddagrif - Politics forever

Wedge
Oros, the Avenger - white-creatures with some back up
Intet, the Dreamer - top-of-deck mechanics
Anafenza, the Foremost - +1/+1 counters, but not simic
Kykar, Wind's Fury - spellslinger
Tasigur, the Golden Fang - delve tribal, almost

Four-colour
Breya, Etherium Shaper - I hate all these options, but a thopter oriented deck with Breya could be fun
Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder - All the cascade cards
Saskia the Unyielding - damage/aggression paramount
Thrasios, Triton Hero / Akiri, Line-Slinger - mana rocks, lands, x-spells
Atraxa, Praetors' Voice - Proliferate weird counters. Probably stuff like Lux Cannon/Titan Forge

5 colour/no colour
Morophon, the Boundless - Shadowborn Apostles
Karn, Silver Golem - Colourless artifacts.

Gashnaw

Sinis wrote: I find it interesting that you've framed this as a budget-free exercise. I'd like for this mustachioed gentleman to give me more hours in a day, for that is really what stops me from doing this.
Don't we all? I was picturing him looking like one of those old school cartoon villain who would tie a damsel to the railroad tracks. Forcing us to build 32 decks just so we can get them for free, that's sadistic.

Sinis wrote: Mono:
Jolrael, Empress of Beasts - Stompy with wrath deterrent

Bi:
Firesong and Sunspeaker - burn/lifegain
But the coolest thing about this is finding creatures to build decks with. I forgot about Firesong (Though i think i would still prefer to build aurelia.

Jolrael however is interesting and with my LGS' mass amount of board wipes, I have a feeling she would do quite well. (board wipes annoy me, if she was G/W would be even better. (Attack, make your lands creatures, wrath of god.) Of course i feel she may be a good candidate for Kemhal decks, turn your lands into creature and then overrun a few times. If you can give your creatures vigilance even better, swing first then tap for mana.

Segrus wrote: GGGGG Green: Sasaya, Orochi Ascendant - mono Green burn; I'm already planning on building this one
Emphasizing interesting builds.

Sinis

Post by Sinis » 4 years ago

Gashnaw wrote:
4 years ago
Don't we all? I was picturing him looking like one of those old school cartoon villain who would tie a damsel to the railroad tracks. Forcing us to build 32 decks just so we can get them for free, that's sadistic.
I mean, for the most part, I have all the cards I could possibly want. There are a couple of chase reserved list cards that I'll probably never get (and never really miss), and some $5-10 rares here and there that I want and will buy as soon as I plan on sleeving them up, but, for the most part, I build with a pretty unlimited budget.
But the coolest thing about this is finding creatures to build decks with. I forgot about Firesong (Though i think i would still prefer to build aurelia.

Jolrael however is interesting and with my LGS' mass amount of board wipes, I have a feeling she would do quite well. (board wipes annoy me, if she was G/W would be even better. (Attack, make your lands creatures, wrath of god.) Of course i feel she may be a good candidate for Kemhal decks, turn your lands into creature and then overrun a few times. If you can give your creatures vigilance even better, swing first then tap for mana.
I really like Jolrael. Of those spellshapers from Prophecy, I think she's probably the most interesting (can you imagine running Mageta the Lion? Like, actually a Wrath of God spellshaper). I think, Jolrael speaks to me as an anti-wrath, but also as a 3-mana-let's-just-have-bodies in the command zone. Kamahl, by comparison, costs a lot to make a lot of lands vulnerable.

Firesong just seems kind of interesting; almost every Boros general is geared to combat, while this one is kind of removal-oriented. There are a lot of white cards that just kind of have life gain as a throw-in (like Invoke the Divine. The most appealing part for me is the opportunity to explore.

I've tried a lot of Boros commanders, though another person in my group plays Aurelia, so I haven't used that one yet. I've also tried Adriana, Captain of the Guard, Iroas, God of Victory, Tajic, Blade of the Legion, and Jor Kadeen, the Prevailer. Of them, I think Jor was the most successful, but probably on account of having all the first 5 Swords of Protection and Value, Jitte, Batterskull, etc. Just relatively high-powered cards in the 99; Jor himself rarely added a lot to the pile, though, there were tokens that could get scary.

Sanity_Eclipse

Post by Sanity_Eclipse » 4 years ago

I'll try to exclude what I already have built and plan to keep. A few potentials that I'm currently building are included though:
Mono
Show
Hide
- Lena, Selfless Champion - I wouldn't mind having a Knight deck. Just depends on who would lead the charge.
- Linessa, Zephyr Mage - I just like the card. I'd try to make the jank work in this case. Maybe Kaho, Minamo Historian.
- Kiku, Night's Flower - Probably some kind of pseudo political thing. I liked Kamigawa, but I've also done a fair bit with mono . Hard to choose something new when I've done what I want with the current roster of choices.
- Varchild, Betrayer of Kjeldor or Lathliss, Dragon Queen - Forced attack, token, fighting for your beliefs (even ending up as a villian) kinda thing for Varc, or just big red beats for Lath. Lena and Varc would probably end up in a multicolor knight deck, TBH.
- Renata, Called to the Hunt|THB - Seems a bit lower-powered, but still open-ended and kinda cool. General +1/+1 counter stuff, some kind of a theme deck is what I'd do. Might just be goodstuff, but I'd find a theme or something to curb that a bit.

- Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger - I have a decent number of cards already set aside for this. Just haven't gotten too into the idea.
Guild
Show
Hide
- Lavinia of the Tenth - Like another poster said, Azorius control in a different form. Has been on the back-burner basically since she released, haven't truly gotten around to it. I don't really have a dedicated blink for value deck either. Decent chance of seeing the light of day.

- Yuriko, the Tiger's Shadow - I'm bringing things together for Yuriko, actually. It's just that most Dimir choices do the same thing or don't work well in Commander *cough*mill*cough*. I feel there's more design space for but Wizards just seems to go back to the same kinda stuff.

- Chainer, Nightmare Adept or Judith, the Scourge Diva or Olivia Voldaren - The most likely choice here would be Olivia. Love the name, wanted to build her in some fashion back in the day, and she could be my actual, truly tribal vampire deck. It's just the art. I've read the explanation, all of that stuff, I know. But y'all know what it looks like at a glance. Just change up the art a bit next time she's reprinted and I'd love it. If the right Jund choice comes along I'd probably toss Chainer and Meren into said Jund deck as captains in the deck. The idea I had for Judith was goblins, literally like having half the deck be the little buggers. /shrug. just isn't coming together for me right now.

- Gallia of the Endless Dance or Radha, Heir to Keld - I'm bringing things together for Gallia too. We're gonna need more good Satyrs for EDH, lol. I've considered Radha elfball or similar in the past. I know the philosophy and ideology behind this color pair, but none of the options really appeal. Klothys was a good step in the right direction for different choices. Waiting on more options here as well.

- Arahbo, Roar of the World - None of the options here appeal to me much. I do want an Enchantress deck, I'm just waiting for the right option to come along. The enchantress options here don't appeal or don't seem quite right to me, and I've got voltron, tokens, and dragons in other decks / choices. If nothing else, maybe maybe maybe Arahbo. Throw kitties at people's faces I guess.

- Teysa Karlov or Aryel, Knight of Windgrace - Teysa would be a theme deck about religion. Taking the flavor of the guild itself, with similar flavor from cards like Ill-Gotten Inheritance, etc. Aryel would be another option for that Knight deck I keep talking about. Same note about possibly ending up in a more multicolor knight deck herself. I've already got Elenda, so if it was that the mustache twirler from OP just required a deck of every combo, Elenda would be the choice here.

- Okaun, Eye of Chaos & Zndrsplt, Eye of Wisdom - I dunno. I already have two Izzet decks and a Jeskai, all lighter on creatures and decently artificial and/or spell-y. O and Z here just to do something different and air quotes "fun" with the colors? Same ending note from , would use one of the ones I already have.

- Glissa, the Traitor or Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons - If I didn't have Meren, I'd possibly have a Neo-Glissa Phyrexia theme(-ish) build. I was more of a Scars Mirrodin guy, and rather liked infect. For Hapatra, mucho snakes.dec. I'm just not sure if there's enough printed to do what I would want.

- Adriana, Captain of the Guard or Firesong and Sunspeaker - My usual Knights.dec comments. And having Lightning Helix in the Command Zone could be fun.

- Tatyova, Benthic Druid or Zegana, Utopian Speaker - Multicolor Lands.dec or Merfolk.dec, respectively. Not much to explain here.
Tri-color
Show
Hide
I like that we've gotten more Wedge choices, and would like to see more going forward. I like the wedges a bit more than the shards, honestly.

- Estrid, the Masked or Kestia, the Cultivator - Again, none of the Bant options really appeal. Some of them have even been banned (1v1 I think), or just have absurdly powerful decks that can be built around them. The enchantress options aren't quite right FWIW and everything else just doesn't appeal.

- Sen Triplets - I've built a slightly more casual, thematic Alela deck already, but if not her I'd build the triplets. Basically to be on the complete other end of the spectrum to have a douchey artifact control build.

- Kess, Dissident Mage or Nicol Bolas, the Ravager - I have Inalla but unlike previous color combos, there's a few others in this group I wouldn't mind exploring. Kess for a more spell-based version of Inalla, Nicolas for a theme supervillan something or other, and I'd like another Grixis colored Pirate to play around with Ixalan block more.

- Korvold, Fae-Cursed King - I love this color combo but haven't had a deck in this combo for ages. The one I'd most likely build is Korvold, but he would be another sac-heavy deck when I already have multiple other decks that flirt with or flat-out exploit that already. Waiting for more good options here.

- Samut, Voice of Dissent or Palladia-Mors, the Ruiner or Hazezon Tamar - I'm possibly building Samut. I'm thinking Warrior tribal and slightly thematic for Amonkhet / Samut / dragonslaying, but to an extent I'm not completely sure what to do with her. Palladia-Mors would be dragons.dec, although Naya is a slightly weird color combo for that. If I had the money and/or if a similar guy was printed nowadays, (Tamar) would be a sweet general.

- Doran, the Siege Tower or Kethis, the Hidden Hand - If I didn't have Anafenza, Doran for trees / plants / saprolings "Nature fights back".dec, and Kethis for multicolor Elves.dec. I'd like another Abzan Elf Legend for exactly that deck, honestly.

- Elsha of the Infinite - I already have Narset, and Elsha is fairly similar. I've contemplated Superfriends a little bit lately with Elsha.

- Sidisi, Brood Tyrant - I've always liked the Legacy Dredge deck, and Sidisi would seem to play a bit like that. I have a pile of stuff put together for her, just need to test and see if I like her enough to keep around. I also like Damia, Sage of Stone and Volrath, the Shapestealer as generals but I haven't put any thought into what potential decks for them would look like.

- Syr Gwyn, Hero of Ashvale - Excluding either Kaalia, because I am also one of the biggest proponents of her, I'd have to go with Syr Gwyn. The Knights.dec is a toss-up, leadership wise, between Gwyn and Aryel.

- I don't have a choice for Temur, honestly. It seems interesting and I want to play around with this combo though. The elementals angle is kinda cool, Surrak would definitely go in the 99, but everyone else is either not my cup of tea (partners, Intet) or is waaay too solved (Riku, Animar, Wanderer).
4 and 5 Color
Show
Hide
I don't think I'll actually build 4 or 5 color decks anymore. The mana base just gets a bit too wonky for me. I have a lot of the good lands but it ends up just being literally them and I foresee a bit too much of the deck being just trying to make the colors and pips work out, even with great lands and rocks and such. And being slightly paralyzed for choice with so many colors and therefore choices for cards can get to me a bit.

Non- - Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder - Basically just gonna list the face people. The Partners from C16 aren't my favorite.
Non- - Saskia the Unyielding -
Non- - Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis -
Non- - Atraxa, Praetor's Voice - The one I've actually vaguely considered. Similar to Glissa, Neo-Phyrexia theme deck is what it would be.
Non- - Breya, Etherium Shaper - I tried building her, see comments on mana base and paralyzed for choice.

- O-Kagachi, Vengeful Kami or The First Sliver - Loved Kamigawa, would make a flavorful Spirit deck. Sliver for pooping out creatures quickly and building up a ridiculous set of buffs.
More Decks
Show
Hide
- Lyra - Naru Meha - Chandra - Lovisa - Nissa -
- Lavinia X - Yuriko - Jhoira - Saheeli - Glissa - Lathril - Meren - Koma -
- Anafenza - Alela - Sen Triplets - Inalla - Sidisi -
- Breya -

darrenhabib

Post by darrenhabib » 4 years ago

Stealing Brago's formatting as well.

Given that I have Rich Uncle Pennybags lurking, I'm going for maximum resell value but also skewed towards if the commander is realistically janky given the chance.

Every deck has a Mishra's Workshop, Bazaar of Baghdad, The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Mana Crypt,

Note that every blue deck is going to have Timetwister.
Each black deck has Juzam Djinn.
Green decks have Gaea's Cradle.
Each Red deck will pack a Gauntlet of Might.
Every White deck has a Moat.

Colorless:
C | Colorless | Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger

Mono:
W | White | Zhao Zilong, Tiger General
U | Blue | Lady Sun
B | Black | Zhang He, Wei General
R | Red | Dong Zhou, the Tyrant
G | Green | Lady Zhurong, Warrior Queen

Allied:
| Azorius | Gosta Dirk
| Dimir | Ur-Drago
| Rakdos | Rohgahh of Kher Keep
| Gruul | Livonya Silone
| Selesnya | Lady Caleria

Enemy:
| Orzhov | Tymna the Weaver
| Izzet | The Locust God
| Golgari | Meren of Clan Nel Toth
| Boros | Iroas, God of Victory
| Simic | Uro, Titan of Nature's Wrath

Shard:
wub | Esper | Lady Evangela
ubr | Grixis | Tetsuo Umezawa
brg | Jund | Bartel Runeaxe
rgw | Naya | Jacques le Vert
gwu | Bant | Ragnar

Wedge:
wbr | Mardu | Kaalia of the Vast
urg | Temur | Riku of Two Reflections
bgw | Abzan | Karador, Ghost Chieftain
rwu | Jeskai | Kraum, Ludevic's Opus // Bruse Tarl, Boorish Herder
gub | Sultai | Muldrotha, the Gravetide

Nephilim:
UBRG | Non-w | Thrasios, Triton Hero // Vial Smasher the Fierce
WBRG | Non-u | Tymna the Weaver // Tana, the Bloodsower
WURG | Non-b | Thrasios, Triton Hero // Bruse Tarl, Boorish Herder
WUBG | Non-r | Thrasios, Triton Hero // Tymna the Weaver
WUBR | Non-g | Breya, Etherium Shaper

5 Color:
WUBRG | 5 Color | Sliver Queen

Gashnaw

Sinis wrote: -snip-
I like Aurelia cause of the whole attacking aspect. i even made it so i effectively got infinite attack phases. (And her dying meant nothing as it was all part of the plan. Adarkar Valkyrie + sac outlet (like Ashnod's Altar) And some sort of haste enabler (I like anger) if they block aurelia, she is going to get sacced after anyway. Adarkar brings her back, Anger grants haste, and since it is a new creature, she will be ready for yet another attack phase each time. It is a few peices to get the engine going but in boros people are not expecting combo like that (And it is an offensive deck anyway, so even if they remove your sac outlet or adarkar, you can still fight.

I do like how many white card just have life built in, but my preferred card in that deck is actually Star of extinction or Blasphemous act. Sure it sucks that you lose your 6 cost general, but i have seen people get over 1000 life off of those cards. (even with only say 3 creatures for each opponent and Sunspeaker, that is 200 life. (My life counter only goes to 99, i want to make one that goes to 9999,)

I sadly have no income and not all the card i could possibly want. i mean i could sell a few cards. like my Mox Diamond, ($400 cdn) but still, i kinda don;t as i use the card.

If I ever desperately need money, i at least know what i can do.

cheonice
Sand is overpowered.

Post by cheonice » 4 years ago

Another thief of Brago's formatting...

Colorless:
C | Colorless | Karn, Silver Golem

Mono:
W | White | Bruna, the Fading Light
U | Blue | Unesh, Criosphinx Sovereign
B | Black | Gonti, Lord of Luxury
R | Red | Daretti, Scrap Savant
G | Green | Yeva, Nature's Herald

Allied:
| Azorius | Ephara, God of the Polis
| Dimir | Lazav, the Multifarious
| Rakdos | Grenzo, Dungeon Warden
| Gruul | Radha, Heir to Keld
| Selesnya | Selvala, Explorer Returned

Enemy:
| Orzhov | Karlov of the Ghost Council
| Izzet | Saheeli, the Gifted
| Golgari | Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons
| Boros | Archangel Avacyn // Avacyn, the Purifier
| Simic | Pir, Imaginative Rascal // Toothy, Imaginary Friend

Shard:
wub | Esper | Ertai, the Corrupted
ubr | Grixis | Nicol Bolas, the Ravager // Nicol Bolas, the Arisen
brg | Jund | Lord Windgrace
rgw | Naya | Marisi, Breaker of the Coil
gwu | Bant | Chulane, Teller of Tales

Wedge:
wbr | Mardu | Mathas, Fiend Seeker
urg | Temur | Omnath, Locus of the Roil
bgw | Abzan | Anafenza, the Foremost
rwu | Jeskai | Kykar, Wind's Fury
gub | Sultai | Sidisi, Brood Tyrant

Nephilim: Phew, we really need more options...
UBRG | Non-w | Thrasios, Triton Hero // Vial Smasher the Fierce
WBRG | Non-u | Saskia the Unyielding
WURG | Non-b | Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis
WUBG | Non-r | Ishai, Ojutai Dragonspeaker // Reyhan, Last of the Abzan
WUBR | Non-g | Akiri, Line-Slinger // Silas Renn, Seeker Adept

5 Color:
WUBRG | 5 Color | Niv-Mizzet Reborn

pokken
Answers: 2

Post by pokken » 4 years ago

Man I couldn't imagine building 32 different decks. I can barely maintain 6 in my headspace :)

Gashnaw

pokken wrote: Man I couldn't imagine building 32 different decks. I can barely maintain 6 in my headspace :)
I get it. My friend can only manage two, maybe three. I had to limit myself. If I hhad the money, I would have about 100 decks. Some would even use the same commanders but different strategy. And power levels (Like sharuum, I would have good stuff and shenanigans.)

Sadly I am not made of money so I have to save up. I only have 5 decks right now. Dragon tribal, sultai shapeshift tribal, abzan Knight tribal, mono green questing Beast fog and mono red chamdra tribal.
Mono black rats is next, and I also plan to build a mono white and mono blue just to have to mono color decks done. I also plan to convert all my guilds into decks, but limit it to ravnica sets only (for balance and theme) I may also round out the colorelss and 3 color but I do not plan to much effort into 4 color (except maybe atraxa (but i have voltron knights, and I do not like playing superfriends without red. Maybe atraxa, counters matter

FoxOfWar
Pronoun: she / her

Post by FoxOfWar » 4 years ago

Budget is rarely a problem for me due to having a sizable collection already and loving my jank. So the question of 'which decks would I build?' kind of becomes 'read my signature, they're right there'. I've been tooling (read: obsessing) over a chromatic challenge for years now.

I want to have a deck of each color combination that's fun to play with/against, unique in theme/idea compared to my other decks, off the beaten path more often than not... and is in that sweet spot of getting one or two new cards each set unless said set happens to have a mechanic/keyword that's directly what the deck wants. (Sidisi 'creature count in my graveyard matters' and Undergrowth, looking at you.) I am getting ever closer.

So instead, I'll do a quick-fire of "assuming no repeats of my current commanders, and my current decks did not exist, what would I build purely on a whim?"

Colorless: Eeeeh... I can barely keep one that I sorta-kinda like.

White: Brimaz, King of Oreskos token abuse spamfest.
Blue: Emry, Lurker of the Loch
Black: Ayara, First of Lochtwain. Almost made this deck already, but Gonti is too much fun.
Red: Hazoret the Fervent
Green: Bounteus Kirin. Make the best out of a janky (but incredibly pretty) thing.

Azorius: Noyan Dar, Roil Shaper. I've been pretty close to creating this deck already.
Orzhov: Kunoros, Hound of Athreos. If I didn't already have two Orzhov decks, I'd make this. Incidentally messing with a lot of gameplans is fun. And it's a pretty puppy.
Boros: Anax and Cymede. Seems fun, if a bit linear. (But that's Boros for you.)
Selesnya: Arahbo, Roar of the World. Same problem, different colors. But cats!
Dimir: Taigam, Sidisi's Hand

Izzet: Brudiclad, Telchor Engineer (more than)Seven Dwarves.
Simic: Tishana, Voice of Thunder
Rakdos: Kolaghan, the Storm's Fury dragon aggro. Almost built this one too, then they spoiled Chainer...
Golgari: Ikra Shidiqi, the Usurper big beef + lifegain.
Gruul: Hallar the Firefletcher

Esper: Dakkon Blackblade, the Esper lands deck.
Bant: Tuvasa the Sunlit flash enchantress pillowfort
Naya: Ghired, Conclave Exile
Grixis: Kess, Dissident Mage
Jund: Gyrus, Waker of Corpses. I'd want to find a way to make this work, bad as it is.

Jeskai: Elsha of the Infinite 'what's the meanest thing to flash in?'
Mardu: Licia, Sanguine Tribute lifegain aggro
Abzan: Teneb, the Harvester
Sultai: The Mimeoplasm
Temur: Intet, the Dreamer again, probably. Was my first deck once upon a time.

4-color: pass. I have had enough difficulty figuring out even one deck for each.

5-color: O-Kagachi, Vengeful Kami
36 decks or so...
Show
Hide
Hope of Ghirapur Swordpile - Ghosty Blinky Anafenza - Nezahal - Big, Blue and HERE! - Gonti Can Afford It - Kazuul, Tyrant of Chandras - Polukranos, More Mana - Azor Takes Flight - A3OS System - Vona Life Pain - Angel With a Whip and Her Pet Fox - Tolsimir Wolf Crusade - Dragonlord Steal & Copy - Arjun, the Mad Flame - Tatyova's Mad Lands - Zegana's Simic - Chainer Does the Value Dance - Polukranos, Unchained - Running Thromok - Sydri's Loco-Inspiraion - Zedruu the Furyhearted - Estrid Land Animation - A Case of Tariel's Persistent F*ckery - Tail of the AristoCat Humanitarian - Karador, Tomb Operator - Tayam Re-Curses - Jeleva... does... things - Sidisi, Death is Served - Omnath, Blink and You're Missing - The Negatiweaver - Breya, Eggs, Breya'd Eggs - Ishai and Reyhan Dicepile - Kynaios and Tiro Landfall Impersonations - Tana and Ravos' Regal Gatekeeping - Yidris of the Chi-Ting Corporation - General Tazri's Utterly Amazing Allies

Toshi
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Would love to see this!
Persistent Petitioners as Plan B?

ps. Added thoughts to my 32 picks.
Last edited by Toshi 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

FoxOfWar
Pronoun: she / her

Post by FoxOfWar » 4 years ago

NoNeedToBragoBoutIt wrote:
Would love to see this!
Persistent Petitioners as Plan B?
Hehe, perhaps. Though my wife has a Persistent Petitioners(Phenax) deck already.
36 decks or so...
Show
Hide
Hope of Ghirapur Swordpile - Ghosty Blinky Anafenza - Nezahal - Big, Blue and HERE! - Gonti Can Afford It - Kazuul, Tyrant of Chandras - Polukranos, More Mana - Azor Takes Flight - A3OS System - Vona Life Pain - Angel With a Whip and Her Pet Fox - Tolsimir Wolf Crusade - Dragonlord Steal & Copy - Arjun, the Mad Flame - Tatyova's Mad Lands - Zegana's Simic - Chainer Does the Value Dance - Polukranos, Unchained - Running Thromok - Sydri's Loco-Inspiraion - Zedruu the Furyhearted - Estrid Land Animation - A Case of Tariel's Persistent F*ckery - Tail of the AristoCat Humanitarian - Karador, Tomb Operator - Tayam Re-Curses - Jeleva... does... things - Sidisi, Death is Served - Omnath, Blink and You're Missing - The Negatiweaver - Breya, Eggs, Breya'd Eggs - Ishai and Reyhan Dicepile - Kynaios and Tiro Landfall Impersonations - Tana and Ravos' Regal Gatekeeping - Yidris of the Chi-Ting Corporation - General Tazri's Utterly Amazing Allies

materpillar
the caterpillar

Post by materpillar » 4 years ago

Add me to the list of shameless thieves of Brago's formatting...

Colorless:
C | Colorless | Hope of Ghirapur - Wait this card is legendary? I'd totally build it as mono-brown Isamaru, Hound of Konda-esque voltron. This sounds hilarious to me.

Mono:
W | White | Tivadar of Thorn - I built this deck a long time ago to combat the fact my meta-game was filling to the brim with mono-R decks. It was really bad but won a ton based on the fact Ashling the Pilgrim couldn't kill him while he was suited up with Armored Ascension. I aggressively tutored Shields of Velis Vel to turn him into a Nekrataal. Truly the play that would make me rebuild this deck is the one time I was playing against Krenko Mob Boss and cast Tivadar's Crusade. Words cannot express how hilarious that as.
U | Blue | Braids, Conjurer Adept - One of my favorite magic cards. I've tried building her several times and it just never worked out well.
B | Black | Ink-Eyes, Servant of Oni - I just really really like Ink-Eyes. No idea how I'd build her but she sounds really fun.
R | Red | Jaya Ballard, Task Mage - I really like this deck and I ended up disassembling it to try other decks. With infinite money I'd put it back together.
G | Green | Yeva, Nature's Herald - Yeva seems pretty fun and different.

Allied:
| Azorius | Bruna, Light of Alabaster - Another deck I've wanted to build for a while.
| Dimir | Lazav, the Multifarious - I've already built this. My latest addition to this deck is Rites of Refusal. I'd just love a 100% foiled/pimped out deck.
| Rakdos | Xantcha, Sleeper Agent - Honestly, none of the Rakdos generals really call to me.
| Gruul | Thromok the Insatiable - Wurm tribal. Another deck I disassembled. It was bad, but I really love wurms. Flinging thromok feels great.
| Selesnya | Sigarda, Heron's Grace - Not sure what I'd build her as but I just really like the flavor of this card. Innistrad angels are best angels.

Enemy:
| Orzhov | Daxos the Returned - Black/White curses here we come. Again, a deck I've built. It was way too grindy to actually win. Honestly, I built it because I had a foil Curse of Oblivion and it was preeeeetty
| Izzet | Nin, the Pain Artist - My friend had this deck and it seemed immensely fun. I'd give it a whirl.
| Golgari | Pharika, God of Affliction - I read somewhere about a deck that uses this to abuse Oath of Druids and Oath of Ghouls. That just sounded like a sweet deck idea.
| Boros | Gisela, Blade of Goldnight - Innistrad angels are best angels. Heartless Hidetsugu HOMPH.
| Simic | Prime Speaker Vannifar - Birthing Pod in the command zone? Sign me up.

Shard:
wub | Esper | Chromium - I have this deck. Killing folks with an actual elder dragon feels real good. Old art > new art. Fight me.
ubr | Grixis | Nicol Bolas - Must continue the flavor wins.
brg | Jund | Vaevictis Asmadi - I wanna dump 14 mana into this man and one-shot someone.
rgw | Naya | Gishath, Sun's Avatar - Dinosaurs are cool enough to overcome the barrier of entry to beating out an elder dragon.
gwu | Bant | Arcades, the Strategist - His newer card is interesting enough in its abilities that I'd give it the nod.

Wedge:
wbr | Mardu | Queen Marchesa - Monarch is such an interesting mechanic. I'd enjoy building a deck around it.
urg | Temur | Intet, the Dreamer - Top of your deck matters deck. I've seen it once before, I think it'd be fun to play.
bgw | Abzan | Kethis, the Hidden Hand - Honestly, I want to play none of these. I'd build the most expensive deck possible in these colors. Not for actually synergy and quality. Just to flex the money. >.>
rwu | Jeskai | Zedruu the Greathearted - The goat always seemed vaguely interesting to try. I'd love to pilot someone elses deck sometime. I'm never going to build it myself though.
gub | Sultai | Damia, Sage of Stone - I've got a fondness for my Damia storm deck.

Nephilim:
UBRG | Non-w | Kydele, Chosen of Kruphix // Vial Smasher the Fierce - X-Spell Tribal here we come.
WBRG | Non-u | Bruse Tarl, Boorish Herder // Ikra Shidiqi, the Usurper - Some weird lifegain combo deck. Maybe a phyrexian mana abuse deck.
WURG | Non-b | Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis - I'd build a swole tribal. Only cards with swole dudes in the art.
WUBG | Non-r | Kydele, Chosen of Kruphix // Tymna the Weaver - I'd build the skip all my own turns deck I've been working on.
WUBR | Non-g | Breya, Etherium Shaper - Shrug? Artifact decks are pretty fun.

5 Color:
WUBRG | 5 Color | Atogatog - I had an atogatog deck that looped Cruel Ultimatum with AtogAtog, Unnatural selection and Eternal Witness. It'd be interested to build it and try to update it to a more modern metagame. That deck was old and sloooow.

Legend
Aethernaut

Post by Legend » 4 years ago

My compliments to @NoNeedToBragoBoutIt's formatting.
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

Toshi
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

bobthefunny wrote:
4 years ago
Stealing Brago's formatting, because I like it.
darrenhabib wrote:
4 years ago
Stealing Brago's formatting as well.
cheonice wrote:
4 years ago
Another thief of Brago's formatting.
materpillar wrote:
4 years ago
Add me to the list of shameless thieves of Brago's formatting.
Legend wrote:
4 years ago
My compliments to NoNeedToBragoBoutIt's formatting.
Oh, shush! All of you! :love:

I appreciate it. To spare others the time, i've added the empty preset to both my original post and below:
Empty Preset
Show
Hide

Code: Select all

[hr][b]Colorless:[/b]

[mana]c[/mana] | Colorless | [b][card][/card][/b] - 

[hr][b]Mono:[/b]

[mana]w[/mana] | White | [b][card][/card][/b] - 
[mana]u[/mana] | Blue | [b][card][/card][/b] - 
[mana]b[/mana] | Black | [b][card][/card][/b] - 
[mana]r[/mana] | Red | [b][card][/card][/b] - 
[mana]g[/mana] | Green | [b][card][/card][/b] - 

[hr][b]Allied:[/b]

[sym=wu] | Azorius | [b][card][/card][/b] - 
[sym=ub] | Dimir | [b][card][/card][/b] - 
[sym=br] | Rakdos | [b][card][/card][/b] - 
[sym=rg] | Gruul | [b][card][/card][/b] - 
[sym=gw] | Selesnya | [b][card][/card][/b] - 

[hr][b]Enemy:[/b]

[sym=wb] | Orzhov | [b][card][/card][/b] - 
[sym=ur] | Izzet | [b][card][/card][/b] - 
[sym=bg] | Golgari | [b][card][/card][/b] - 
[sym=rw] | Boros | [b][card][/card][/b] - 
[sym=gu] | Simic | [b][card][/card][/b] - 

[hr][b]Shard:[/b]

[mana]wub[/mana] | Esper | [b][card][/card][/b] - 
[mana]ubr[/mana] | Grixis | [b][card][/card][/b] - 
[mana]brg[/mana] | Jund | [b][card][/card][/b] - 
[mana]rgw[/mana] | Naya | [b][card][/card][/b] - 
[mana]gwu[/mana] | Bant | [b][card][/card][/b] - 

[hr][b]Wedge:[/b]

[mana]wbr[/mana] | Mardu | [b][card][/card][/b] - 
[mana]urg[/mana] | Temur | [b][card][/card][/b] - 
[mana]bgw[/mana] | Abzan | [b][card][/card][/b] - 
[mana]rwu[/mana] | Jeskai | [b][card][/card][/b] - 
[mana]gub[/mana] | Sultai | [b][card][/card][/b] - 

[hr][b]Nephilim:[/b]

[mana]ubrg[/mana] | Non-[mana]w[/mana] | [b][card][/card][/b] - 
[mana]wbrg[/mana] | Non-[mana]u[/mana] | [b][card][/card][/b] - 
[mana]wurg[/mana] | Non-[mana]b[/mana] | [b][card][/card][/b] - 
[mana]wubg[/mana] | Non-[mana]r[/mana] | [b][card][/card][/b] - 
[mana]wubr[/mana] | Non-[mana]g[/mana] | [b][card][/card][/b] - 

[hr][b]5 Color:[/b]

[mana]wubrg[/mana] | 5 Color | [b][card][/card][/b] - 
materpillar wrote:
4 years ago
| Dimir | Lazav, the Multifarious - My latest addition to this deck is Rites of Refusal.

If only all decks would spark so many great ideas like this one does!

shandiris

Post by shandiris » 4 years ago

I actually did this thought experiment recently! I have 10 of these decks and I probaly don't want to go up anymore. Maybe one more truly casual deck I can play with newbies, but everytime I build that kind of deck it morphs into a 6/7 power level anyway. (Precon is 4 and CEDH is 10 IMO). Thanks for the formatting brago!

Colorless:

c | Colorless |Kozilek, the Great Distortion: Probaly just a lot of manarocks, my primary idea would be to play it with 0 other eldrazi. But not really excited enough about the deck to build it.

Mono:

w | White - Isamura, Hound of Konda: Voltron aggro.
u | Blue |Patron of the Moon: actually thought about building this recently, but not sure if combo is fun enough.
b | Black | - Toshiro Umezawa: This one I actually just put together, I've wanted a monocolored deck for a while and this seemed both interesting in terms of commander and mono black has plenty of stuff to keep me occupied should I go in a different direction later.
r | Red | - Varchild, Betrayer of Keldor: idea would be a political mono red deck, which might work??
g | Green | - Reki, History of Kamigawa: legendary tribal seems fun

Allied:

| Azorius | - Raff Capashen, Ship's Mage: All flash all day, idea is to play all the big artifacts that don't really do enough in most decks.
| Dimir | - Yuriko, Tiger's Shadow: My most competitive deck at the moment, although that was not the original intention. The moment I saw a Dimir legendary ninja I knew I would build it. Currently trying to tweak it so it's power level ends up around a 9, whilst still winning through a tempo game, instead of through Doomsday or Thassa's Oracle.
| Rakdos | - Kaervak, the Merciless: The idea would be Group Slug, probaly with a whole bunch of mana rocks to actually get Kaervak out.
| Gruul | - Nikya of the Old Ways: All creatures?
| Selesnya | - Gaddock Teeg: Hatebears/stax/aggro seems like an interesting way to play this.

Enemy:

| Orzhov | - Karlov of the Ghost Council; Small lifegain seems like an interesting deck, but all the specific cards which would never go in any other decks is stopping me from building it.
| Izzet | - Keranos, God of Storms: Currently shifting my Kess deck towards this: Epic Experiment, with polymorph into either Thousand-Year Storm or Swarm Intelligence.
| Golgari | - Jarad, Golgari Lichlord: Graveyard stuff, with big X/X creatures and fling effects seems interesting
| Boros | - Haktos the Unscarred: I just love the idea of this commander and it's on the list to build as an casual commander. Probaly stuff a bunch of exalted cards in there. My experiences playing this on Arena have convinced me it's not going to be very good.
| Simic | - Prime Speaker Vannifar: In the category of bad ideas with great commanders, ooze tribal?

Shard:

wub | Esper | - Yennet, Cryptic Sovereign: Odd CMC tribal seems like an interesting deck to build, probaly not as much to play.
ubr | Grixis |- Mairsil the Pretender: I have built this one and I love it. It's really fun to stack a bunch of abilities on your commander and I'm still finding cool interactions that I hadn't seen before. Especially now that I'm playing Mirage Mirror and Necrotic Ooze, so I can play around with opponents abilities too. Have very purposefully avoided infinite combos in this, because that would also mean I have to cut things like Endling and Uyo, Silent Prophet. Still around a power level of 8 I think.
brg | Jund |- Thantis the Warweaver Another possible idea for a casual deck, Spider tribal and political manipulation seems fun.
rgw | Naya |- Zacama, Primal Calamity Built this as my Timmy deck but then I had to make it complicated for myself by also playing Wild Pair in the deck and wanting to make it work. Considering shifting this to more of either a flash tribal deck or an Enchantress shell. The current deck is actually performing above expected at the moment, probaly around a power level of 7, despite playing stuff like Colossus of Akros
gwu | Bant | - Tuvasa the Sunlit I've considered shifting my Zacama deck to this and making a Bant Enchantress Wild Pair deck.

Wedge:

wbr | Mardu | - Edgar Markov: Evolving from the precon it's now heavily inspired by ISBpathfinder list (much thanks!) and it's a pretty good deck these days. I consider the deck less good than most of my playgroup but it can get out of hand quickly. A major advantage is that although it's pretty complicated with the aristocrat interactions, if I borrow the deck out, it still performs pretty well.
urg | Temur | - Riku of Two Reflections Temur seems like a good shell for epic experiment but haven't actually written a list for this idea.
bgw | Abzan |- Tymna the Weaver Sidar Kondo of Jamuraa: This used to be my infect deck which was actually pretty fun to play as a change of pace. It performed well in 3 man pods but 4 man pods were hard. Although I could usally kill one of the players. Any ideas what to do with a bunch of green combat tricks?
rwu | Jeskai |- Zedruu, the Greathearted: Auras and then giving them away for card advantage seems like a cool interaction.
gub | Sultai |- Damia, Sage of Stone: I'm considering to shift my infect deck to this, since it seems to solve the out of gas problem better than Tymna the Weaver, You're rarely attacking multiple players after all.

Nephilim:

ubrg | Non-w | - Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder A recent build, this is basicly play as many 1 mana artifacts as possible and make random engines through stuff like Salvaging Station. It's a fun deck to play although I've had some complaints from the table that my turn aren't very quick once I start popping off. Yidris is mostly there for the colors and because I didn't want another Grixis or non green commander. No clue about how good the deck actually is, probaly around a 6.
wbrg | Non-u | Tymna the Weaver Tana the Bloodsower I like aristocrats in vampires and making a deck purely about them seems cool. However I like Edgar too much currently too shift.
wurg | Non-b |- Ishai Ojutai Dragonspeaker Tana the Bloodsower: A +1/+1 counters deck would be cool and both of these seem like interesting partners to play.
wubg | Non-r | - Atraxa, Praetor's Voice Charge counters I guess??
wubr | Non-g | - Sunforger Bruse Tarl, Boorish Herder Silas Renn, Seeker Adept: I really like this deck, it's a deck built around Sunforger first and foremost with an equipment theme behind it. It can play as both a tempo or a control list and it's always fun to hit someone for 22 or 128 damage, which happens semi-often. Silas Renn doesn't do alot but the extra creature to hang an equipment on is actually quite important. And the colors are very relevant in terms of Sunforger targets.

5 Color:

wubrg | 5 Color |- Child of Alara: This was my second edh deck ever and it's gone to quite a few iterations. These days it's a pure control list with Divergent Transformations as the win con finish. Might of the Nephilim is hidden MVP though, especially when people haven't played against the deck before. My typical playgroup has started to block after the first hit.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”