Help for a Kroxa-centric deck

Dragoon
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Dragoon » 4 years ago

KitsuLeif wrote: But it has to connect and other than Rankle it doesn't have haste, so it has to survive a turn cycle, so I'll probably pass on that.
Having to connect is not a problem with shadow, but it's true that it'll need to survive the turn cycle.
KitsuLeif wrote: Butcher of Malakir also comes to mind, if you want to play all three?
That would be too much I think, and the Butcher has quite the heavy mana cost.

I also got reminded of Dawn of the Dead, which might a little bit better than Palace Siege.

Tags:

KitsuLeif
Pronoun: he / him

Post by KitsuLeif » 4 years ago

Dragoon wrote:
4 years ago
Having to connect is not a problem with shadow, but it's true that it'll need to survive the turn cycle.
I meant that more in a way of "other creatures have EtBs, this one doesn't", so yeah, not a fan of that card.
Dragoon wrote:
4 years ago
That would be too much I think, and the Butcher has quite the heavy mana cost.
Fair point.
Dragoon wrote:
4 years ago
I also got reminded of Dawn of the Dead, which might a little bit better than Palace Siege.
Indeed, it seems to be a little better, but be wary of triple B in its cost.

KitsuLeif
Pronoun: he / him

Post by KitsuLeif » 4 years ago

I updated my thread once more, this time I used the primer template for it. Took me around 15 hours to write, format and polish it. I also mentioned you in the Credit&Thanks section, because of the ideas you contributed in our discussions, so thank you again :D

Dragoon

Post by Dragoon » 4 years ago

KitsuLeif wrote:
4 years ago
I updated my thread once more, this time I used the primer template for it. Took me around 15 hours to write, format and polish it. I also mentioned you in the Credit&Thanks section, because of the ideas you contributed in our discussions, so thank you again :D
Well, thank you too! I'm always glad to discuss with people. :D
I took a look at your thread and it indeed looks promising. I'd be happy to hear about your first tests once you'll have the chance to play the deck!

onering
Answers: 1

Post by onering » 4 years ago

I built a version that focuses on getting Kroxa escaping from the yard, and I gotta say the escape is easy to set up multiple times. A 6/6 turn 4 that has its trigger every turn is a major threat, and if they kill it you just bring it back. I do a lot of rummaging to keep the yard full while sculpting my hand, with a few other cards that work from the yard just in case.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”