Bronie Deck

Gashnaw
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Gashnaw » 4 years ago

So my borther is a brony and after seeing that Wizard released a pony set he wanted a pony EDH deck. he is going with Princess Twilight Sparkle as his commander and since it allows for all 5 colors due to her ability, he can run all teh unicorn and horses and Pegasus in the game. He will also be running the Rarity but not the other one.

Anyway i am looking into a deck for him and wanting some help on choosing which horses/unicrons and Pegasi to use. Twilight si not a great commander as she is nothing more than just a lord but still he wants the deck, so i need help.

darrenhabib
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by darrenhabib » 4 years ago

Sure, sure it's for your "brother". Haha just messing with ya.

The problem is that if it's just going to be tribal, then you have to basically just jam them all to put a deck together, which isn't really that fun or skillful and you'll just get made into horse meat most games. It'd just be a mishmash of creatures that don't synergies.

These are the ones that I think at least can do something;

Boreas Charger, Mesa Pegasus, Plated Pegasus, Vryn Wingmare.

Benevolent Unicorn, Capashen Unicorn, Good-Fortune Unicorn, Loyal Unicorn, Prized Unicorn, Inspiring Unicorn, Opaline Unicorn, Ronom Unicorn.

Crested Sunmare, Diamond Mare, Timbermare, Workhorse.

The key cards in the deck to actually look to win with should be; Sacred Mesa and Storm Herd.

I would look to make a deck that looks to protect and pillow-fort yourself until you can get traction with some of the better cards.
I'm going to try and make my suggestions on the side of pleasant sounding cards, so the cards should be more about sunshine and lollipops rather than the most efficient cards.

The other key cards to build around are Crested Sunmare and Loyal Unicorn. If you can go wide with Sacred Mesa then you can really start to attack and block with all your creatures.

So some life gain for each turn for Crested Sunmare. Options are; Sun Droplet, Ajani's Welcome, Angelic Chorus, Authority of the Consuls, Essence Warden, Soul Warden, Soul's Attendant.
The life-gain is nice for getting better results from Storm Herd as well.

I would aim for as many draw cards for each creature you control and most of them seem to fit for flavor as well.
Camaraderie, The Great Henge, Collective Unconscious, Slate of Ancestry.
Only Shamanic Revelation and Biomantic Mastery seem a bit off on flavor.

I also like the idea of making copies of Crested Sunmare. Mirrorweave can turn all the Sacred Mesa pegusus into Sunmare, meaning that you'd get triggers for each of them at end of turn. Rite of Replication, Clone Legion, Infinite Reflection as well.

To go with the Sacred Mesa plan, Wilderness Reclamation and Seedborn Muse.

I would have some number of land ramp, Boundless Realms being a high-end one.

I was also include ways to search for some of these key cards. They can't be nasty things like Demonic Tutor obviously.
So to keep it light I feel Enlightened Tutor, Congregation at Dawn, Fauna Shaman, Uncage the Menagerie, Worldly Tutor, Idyllic Tutor, Plea for Guidance, Sterling Grove are all in the realm of fitting into a nice theme.

I would make sure that you can protect your setup with a few spells. Eerie Interlude, Teferi's Protection.
The more pleasant sounding counterspells are; Absorb, Counterspell, Cryptic Command, Delay, Didn't Say Please, Mystic Confluence, Swan Song.

I feel like Sun Quan, Lord of Wu is vorthos enough to include.

Serenade
UnderKing
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Serenade » 4 years ago

Chariot of Victory offers many good abilities.
Mirri, Cat Warrior counts as a Cat Warrior.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”