Kenrith's Sim Kingdoms

Cyberium
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Cyberium » 4 years ago

Kenrith, the Returned King

Kenrith, unlike many other 5c legends, his abilities are versatile and separated in mana cost rather than a sum of wubrg, which allows him to roam freely in different directions. In short, Kenrith can represent any kind of kingdom.

Imagine, if your deck is a Sim City or a game of Civilization, and Kenrith is its historic leader, what kind of nation would it be? This is a top-down roleplaying question, I encourage you folks to either imagine a kingdom of your own or a leader you appreciate, and think of a deck you'd make with that direction.

Example 1: Genghis Khan - Kenrith plays the role of pervasive warlord, his nation would be an equipment aggroo deck under Mardu color pie.

Example 2: Elizabeth II - Kenrith plays a diplomatic leader, with stax as center and white flyers as army.

Example 3: "A RPG character I created for Exalted game, a Twilight exalted who's in charge of an arcane-rich city-state," hence a spellslinger deck with wizards tribal.

hyalopterouslemur
Pronoun: he / him

Post by hyalopterouslemur » 4 years ago

How about a control/midrange shell for Qin Shi Huang? No foes shall topple me, from without or within.
Thanks to Feyd_Ruin for the avatar!

Cyberium

hyalopterouslemur wrote:
4 years ago
How about a control/midrange shell for Qin Shi Huang? No foes shall topple me, from without or within.
Ironically, Book Burning and other punisher cards would likely go well with the theme. XD

hyalopterouslemur
Pronoun: he / him

Post by hyalopterouslemur » 4 years ago

You got your like. You could also see cards like Sudden Impact just because it punishes people for thinking too much. Too many strange ideas enter their minds, that my subjects should have a say in how they're governed.

(Now, of course, the wise tyrant realizes his job, even his life, depends on keeping his subjects happy.)
Thanks to Feyd_Ruin for the avatar!

Cyberium

hyalopterouslemur wrote:
4 years ago
You got your like. You could also see cards like Sudden Impact just because it punishes people for thinking too much. Too many strange ideas enter their minds, that my subjects should have a say in how they're governed.

(Now, of course, the wise tyrant realizes his job, even his life, depends on keeping his subjects happy.)
Louis XIV would probably go the other way, a Jeskai using Azorius control/stax shell symbolizes his centralization of power and divine monarchy, with red added to express his ability to accept and utilize all talents, as well as prowess in war, with PWs like Dovin and Kenrith twins that help him maneuver through combat via spells.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”