Flavorful Party

duducrash
Still Learning
Pronoun: he / him

Post by duducrash » 1 year ago

I have this group of friends that have been with me since I can remember. We play together sometimes but it is hard. My decks are usually on a lower powerscale comparing to those posted here, but this group usually plays with worsened precons (they will buy a precon and swap ramp or target removal for some pretty bad dragon that is cool). I think its actually quite cool and we have a bunch of fun, so I decided to make a deck that is arround that power level. I decided to build General Tazri because Allies rock, but she was a bit too much, now Im settled on Tazri, Beacon of Unity . I think that a way to limit the powerlevel without it being a frustrating deckbuilding exercise is sticking to a theme. So here is my theme and what help id like receive.

I will run every "party relevant" card. If a card mentions the party mechanic I'll run it.

I want my Clerics, Rogues, Warriors and wizzards to he flavourfull. Warriors to be agressive maybe like Boldwyr Intimidator [/card] , clerics I want to be suport characters maybe like Selfless Spirit , rogues maybe value driven but with flavour like Thieving Skydiver and wizards im not sure about theme, I am going more for a "does this feel like a real wizard?" Like Arcanis the Omnipotent .

I'd like to ask you guys if you have some flavourfull suggestions for me? Cards that trully feel like warriors, clerics, rogues and wizards?

Thank you

Tags:

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

Wizards imo, being a ranged or support class, feel like Wizards if they have tap abilities. Prodigal Sorcerer - now that's a Wizard. Probably not one you want to use, but a Wizard.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

kirkusjones
Disciple of Dumb
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by kirkusjones » 1 year ago

Ankle Shanker!

Edit - reading is tech. I really thought this lil fella was a warrior.

What about Akiri, Fearless Voyager?

pokken
Answers: 2

Post by pokken » 1 year ago

If they ever fix party so an array of classes can fit each role it will be decent.

duducrash
Still Learning

kirkusjones wrote:
1 year ago
Ankle Shanker!

Edit - reading is tech. I really thought this lil fella was a warrior.

What about Akiri, Fearless Voyager?

Warlocks, shamans, wizards

Rogue, scout

Warriors, berserker, samurai

And etc

I wish the party could be formed with different classes filling the fixed roles

Hawk
Slayer of Threads

Post by Hawk » 1 year ago

By my count, there's 37 cards that reference "Party" including Tazri. Some are quite bad, but if you're gonna commit to the bit and then run some amount of ramp (the party cards include a reasonable amount of draw and interaction) you'd only have room for like 16-17 more cards; probably 4 of each class? But to look at just creatures with party:

So you'll definitely want more clerics and wizards than Warriors and Rogues.

The Nastiest Warriors: Boldwyr Intimidator, Moraug, Fury of Akoum, Professional Face-Breaker, Ogre Battledriver, Mirri, Weatherlight Duelist, Marisi, Breaker of the Coil, Dragonborn Champion, Samut, Voice of Dissent. Attack more, attack fast, profit from attacking, make combat hard for opponents.

The Sneakiest Rogues: Opposition Agent, Dauthi Voidwalker, Gonti, Lord of Luxury, Grim Hireling, Ghostly Pilferer, Treasure Nabber, Thada Adel, Acquisitor, Zareth San, the Trickster, Thieving Skydiver - these all "steal" from opponents or generate treasure or cards.

The Healiest Clerics: Mother of Runes, Giver of Runes, Selfless Spirit, Weathered Wayfarer, Mikaeus, the Lunarch, Mikaeus, the Unhallowed, Nullpriest of Oblivion, Archivist of Oghma, Frontline Medic. These mostly heal/protect your other creatures; Archivist and Wayfarer fuel and nourish you instead.

The Wisest Wizards: This is tougher since it depends on what you want. But if you want "disruption and draw"... Drannith Magistrate, Aven Mindcensor, Dualcaster Mage, Siren Stormtamer, Venser, Shaper Savant, Glen Elendra Archmage, Archetype of Imagination, Malevolent Hermit // Benevolent Geist, Arcanis the Omnipotent, Raff Capashen, Ship's Mage, Marchesa, the Black Rose

And of course don't forget Changelings to pinch-hit: Unsettled Mariner, Mirror Entity, Moritte of the Frost. Taurean Mauler. and Chameleon Colossus being among the best with Black Market Connections and Maskwood Nexus being good ways to generate changelings on the fly.

duducrash
Still Learning

Hawk wrote:
1 year ago
By my count, there's 37 cards that reference "Party" including Tazri. Some are quite bad, but if you're gonna commit to the bit and then run some amount of ramp (the party cards include a reasonable amount of draw and interaction) you'd only have room for like 16-17 more cards; probably 4 of each class?
Looks like I wont run every party card them! Didnt check that dee. I think flavour entices me more than a zendikar set constructed deck!

Sweet list, maybe wizards can be a control aspect, warriors aggro, rogues tempo and clerics still hold their support role

hyalopterouslemur

Post by hyalopterouslemur » 1 year ago

pokken wrote:
1 year ago
If they ever fix party so an array of classes can fit each role it will be decent.
Something like

Warrior, Soldier, Knight, Barbarian, Berserker

Rogue, Assassin, Mercenary, Rebel, Ninja, Pirate

Cleric, Warlock, Shaman, Druid, Monk

Wizard, Advisor, Artificer

Sorry I used most of the magic classes in Cleric, but let's be honest, they fit there better (if only because of warlocks often holding Black Mass and such, and the others just feel like men of their respective gods). I had to cheat with Wizard, making Wizard classes include more intellectual classes on the grounds that mathematicians and scientists used to be classed with wizards, alchemists, and astrologers.
Thanks to Feyd_Ruin for the avatar!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”